• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks moments that made you want to cry.

Diesel

• Premium Member

How about most disappointing Hawks' season?

For me it would be.

1999/2000 - I was young, optimistic (had only watched the Hawks for three seasons up to that point), and thought Jim Jackson AND Isiah Rider for one Steve Smith could work. Well, yeah. We all know how that went.

2002/2003 - Glenn Robinson, JT, and Shareef - I thought our offense would be unstoppable. At the very least I thought we would have the type of success Milwaukee's Ray Allen / Sam Cassel / Big Dog trio enjoyed. Never thought we would be as bad as we ended up being that season.

2001/2002 - Toni Kukoc had come in the last half of the previous season and had played the best basketball of his life. We had just swung a deal that netted us one of the best young PFs in the NBA in exchange for some Spanish dude and we had an up and coming 20 ppg scorer in JT. I thought "this" will be the season we return to the playoffs... :brick wall:

MARV....plain and simple, I really didn't watch that season.....I couldn't it was just to much

• Premium Member

ditto

Also watching Ty Lue holding the ball while the shot clock would wind down to 2 and taking a shot always fustrated me to no end. I was so happy the day he was traded.

Why, so we could we watch JJ do the same thing, or Jamal or Flip take a contested jumper with 18 seconds left on the clock? :snowballfight:

1) Jason Collier's death

2) Drafting Shelden

3) The first time I went to a Hawks game (it was against the Knicks ~2000) where there were more people cheering for the away team than for the Hawks.

1. Lettin Smitty and Mookie Go

2. Draftin Sheldon and Acie

3. Marvin Williams gettin drafted

4. Tyronne Lue having braids on our team

5. Dion Glover and Rashawn McLeoud, and Cal Bowdler

6. Mutombo leavin cause thats my family

7. Wearing those hideous white red and yellow jerseys

8. Rasheed Wallace playin one game and dippin

ISIAH RIDER

I stopped watching and caring about the team while he was here. Throw in that we traded Steve Smith to get him and blech.

Second was the Terry draft. We had what 4 first round picks and blew every freakin' one of them. Cal Bowdler? Really? Ugh.

I agree that Boston series was awful. That and the 82 Braves were my first introduction to how bad Atlanta sports can be even when we win.

How much bandwidth do you have?

Nique for Manning. You do not, DO NOT trade your superstar player in the midst of a potential championship season. And for them to do it when the main guys who kept his team from getting there (Bird, Isiah, and MJ) in the past were no longer a factor makes it even worse. Not to mention that Manning had as much desire to stay here as a Falcon fan does of wearing Saint gear. That made me turn in my season tickets.

Passing on CP3 and Deron in the draft. A dozen swingmen on the roster with no viable option at the point. There are not one, not two, but THREE guys who fit the bill and what does BK do? Draft another effin' small forward. The subsequential picks and $$$ used to find someone, hell, ANYONE who could do the job has been well documented.

Every lottery pick save Al Horford. What other guy has done anything as initially advertised? Marvin Williams? Nope. Josh Childess? Nope. Acie Law? Shelden? Not even close. I shudder to think of what this team would have been like if not for Smith, JJ, and Al.

I can go on and on till the break of dawn....

• Moderators

Nique for Manning. You do not, DO NOT trade your superstar player in the midst of a potential championship season. And for them to do it when the main guys who kept his team from getting there (Bird, Isiah, and MJ) in the past were no longer a factor makes it even worse. Not to mention that Manning had as much desire to stay here as a Falcon fan does of wearing Saint gear. That made me turn in my season tickets.

That is probably the low moment for me as well. Not only did it not work out at all, it was a betrayal of the most popular player in franchise history. I can't imagine the Knicks dealing a still effective Ewing in a season in which they were leading the East at the time of the trade - especially when the player you get back doesn't enhance your championship chances.

-A few years ago when the hawks played at New Jersey, and they were up by two points, then Vince Carter made a game winning three point shot over Josh Smith.

-Last year when the hawks played at Golden State on ESPN, and after the third quarter the hawks was up by 17 points, but ended up losing the lead, and the game, in the fourth quarter. After that game, I told myself that I was done with this team, but I always end up coming back.

• Premium Member

ISIAH RIDER

I stopped watching and caring about the team while he was here. Throw in that we traded Steve Smith to get him and blech.

Second was the Terry draft. We had what 4 first round picks and blew every freakin' one of them. Cal Bowdler? Really? Ugh.

I agree that Boston series was awful. That and the 82 Braves were my first introduction to how bad Atlanta sports can be even when we win.

Well Terry did turn out to be like the best player of that entire draft... of course we traded him for Antoine Walker.

the day BK said he wasn't coming back

:slap1:

I find it hard to believe there is someone out there who still pines for the days of Woody AND BK. There are some who supported one or the other, but very few indeed who would have them both back.

Edited by jhay610