• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith to Golden State?

JohnnyCASH

Josh shoots worse from the field than Curry while Curry scores and shoots way more. How is that even possible? Oh yeah, Josh is undisciplined and has no interest in playing a team game. Curry walks in an makes our team flow much better. It turns Joe and Horford into monsters (especially Horf).

Josh's blocks are down below 2 per game this season and even when he does get blocks, most go out of bounds back to the other team. His offensive rebounds are down by 1 whole board this season. His turnovers are creeping back up. Not only has he peaked, he has mentally checked out on the team. He has done some good things, but waiting for him to break through his own glass ceiling is futile.

Don't let a couple dunks fool you. He is not playing a team game out there and his effort is VERY questionable at times. I used to love his high-wire act when this team was up and coming, but he never seems to be buying into the system. Getting Curry would not only add more punch offensively, but we would also get a player who is not even scratching his prime yet. That would be fantastic.

if we can trade smoove/teague for curry/biedrins then we'd be dumb not to do it

that gives us legit pg/c with horford at pf already as good as/better than smoove and only getting better

we'd still have trade assets in craw/bibby/zaza/marvin/picks if we want to shuffle up sf/bench or we leave as is and improve our bench as we now have bibby off the bench draining 3s

• Moderators

Biedrens is not remotely comparable to Josh on defense or offense. He is a much more limited player. So the person who said Curry would be the prize is right and the fact that Biedrens is a big man who isn't worthless is about all you are going to get. His dream scenario is to be a poor man's Tyson Chandler.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hate to contribute to, as it's been said, a "no legs" thread... but I will.

I think Josh has shown that he grows up a little bit every season. Some people will argue that point because he still clearly isn't an adult playing a professional game, but while I agree with that, he's at least not a kid anymore... he's somewhere in-between a kid and an adult. He does have lapses of concentration and definite spikes of high-energy and lackadaisical-ness still. But I perceive the lapses to be less frequent and the spikes to be less steep, and that suggests to me that there's still some growth that's going to be seen... and as he grows into a more adult-like approach to the game, I definitely want to see it in ATL, not somewhere else.

I think Curry could be outstanding, but in a Mike Bibby kind-of-way. I think he can be a huge contributor to something special if he's in the right place, but on the other hand, he's not going to contribute significantly in any other area other than scoring. While he is an outstanding scorer/shooter and quite possibly a future All-Star, that lone skill is not so unique that I would break the bank to obtain him for my team. You definitely need an All-Star scorer to have a championship team. You just don't need Curry specifically, at least not as long as Joe continues to be in his prime.

• Like 1

Biedrens is not remotely comparable to Josh on defense or offense. He is a much more limited player. So the person who said Curry would be the prize is right and the fact that Biedrens is a big man who isn't worthless is about all you are going to get. His dream scenario is to be a poor man's Tyson Chandler.

I'm going to have to agree with this statement.

I don't see Josh going anywhere, though. The Hawks will make 0 moves.

Curry makes nowhere near 10-12 mil that Smoove makes. It would have to be Biedrins/Curry or something just to make the salaries match.

Fine by me, that fills two holes. Move Curry to start at pg, Bedrins starts at center with Horford shifting to pf. What are the odds we would pull this off, though?

Edited by HawksBalla

That would be me. lol! Btw, isnt Chandler a FA next year?

I'd trade Josh for Acie Law :)

Thats why you're playing computer GM.

Biedrins is better rebounder then Josh. Biedrins blocks shots at almost the same rate as Josh. When he is healthy Biedrins is a solid defensive player. Curry is better defensive player then Bibby and now JJ can defend his own position, which he does very well. I'm not sure this trade would make us take much of hit at all on defense. In fact our defense may work better as a unit where each man can truely be responsible for defending their own man.

He's a better rebounder than Josh because nobody else on his team rebounds. I'd be good too, if nobody else went up for the ball. And like I dont know Curry is a better defensive player than Bibby? Wtf? Who doesnt know that? Bibby's d is horrendous.

I'm sure you meant offense, his value has always been on the defensive end.

Take your choice. Edited by terrell

He's a better rebounder than Josh because nobody else on his team rebounds. I'd be good too, if nobody else went up for the ball. And like I dont know Curry is a better defensive player than Bibby? Wtf? Who doesnt know that? Bibby's d is horrendous.

Take your choice.

I guess you're having a case of selective amnesia, huh? One of the big new threads (in which I think you have been a participant) is talking about David Lee versus Josh Smith. Lee is quite a good rebounder, so to say that no one else on his team rebounds is misleading. Furthermore Biedrins with 8 rpg in 26 mpg > Josh 8 rpg in 35 mpg.

Thanks

Biedrins has this season most consecutive games with 6 fouls in a row - 3.

He's still better than Morris or Zaza and that's all that matters. Read what Hollinger has to say about Beans ...

+ Elite finisher who excels converting short shots around basket.

+ Blocks shots, but lack of muscle leaves him overpowered on defense.

+ Good rebounder and can handle ball, but a horrid foul shooter.

Biedrins checks nearly every box in the NBA big man list: He blocks shots, he rebounds, and he finishes shots in the paint as a dive man on the pick-and-roll. He can even handle the ball a little.

Unfortunately, he can't do one very important thing -- defend the post -- and he's in the worst possible situation on a Warriors team with nobody else who can do it either. Put him next to Charles Oakley and he'd be a star; on this club, however, foul trouble is a way of life because there's nobody else around to do the dirty work for him.

In the rare moments when he wasn't injured last season, Biedrins averaged a whistle every 6.5 minutes, making it impossible to get extended burn on the court. While he scored dramatically less often than usual, he had his usual ridiculously high field-goal percentage (59.1%), ranked ninth among centers in rebound rate and in the top third in blocks. He's only 24 and should be entering his prime years, but he sorely needs a counterpart who can save him from the nightly beatings he's taking. No, David Lee doesn't qualify.

Horford isn't exactly the same type of player as Charles Oakley but he defends the post well and he's physical like Oakley so I could definitely see it working.

• Premium Member

The Warriors coach, Keith Smart, recently told AB he had to step up his game to where it should be or he was going to lose his starting job to their rookie. AB has responded with back to back double doubles with three blocks their last game. Its when he is motivated/healthy like this that he can be a great young center. Its just getting him healthy and in the game without fouling or disinterested/loss of confidence that's the trick.

I'd still do Josh for Curry/AB every day of the week.