• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to bench Bibby

D.R.P.

Its getting ridiculous to see Bibby trot out there and start when he is giving the Hawks absolutely nothing! Over the last 5 games Bibby is averaging 4 points per game; just ridiculous. You can't tell me that Jordan Crawford couldn't average 4 points with his eyes closed on offense. I don't care if JCraw2 isn't really a point guard, because Bibby isn't one himself. Bibby can barely bring the ball up court, the Hawks have to keep a big in the backcourt just to screen a defender off of Bibby because Bibby is too slow to get around ball pressure by himself. I also know that JCraw2 (or either JCraw) defense is bad, but it can't be worst than Bibby's ole defense.

• Like 2

Earlier this year he was at/near top of league in 3pt% but now it's "ridiculous" that he plays bc he is slumping?

He's averaging 10ppg shooting 45% from 3

10pts is enough on a team with 3ish all-stars and 6th man of the year who scored 37 tonight

Do we want more and do we need to trade to upgrade pg? YES

However, that doesnt mean it's "ridiculous" that he is starting over rookie/sophomore

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 1

Earlier this year he was at/near top of league in 3pt% but now it's "ridiculous" that he plays bc he is slumping?

Bibby is strictly a one trick pony at this point in his career; if his shot is not hitting then he is good for nothing else. In other words if he's not making open jumpers than he shouldn't be on the court over guys that can make shots (i.e. Jordan Crawford). Its 4 on 5 basketball on both sides of the court when Bibby's shot is off this bad.

Bibby is strictly a one trick pony at this point in his career; if his shot is not hitting then he is good for nothing else. In other words if he's not making open jumpers than he shouldn't be on the court over guys that can make shots (i.e. Jordan Crawford). Its 4 on 5 basketball on both sides of the court when Bibby's shot is off this bad.

That's not true, he is a calming influence on our offense and he doesn't turn the ball over very often either. Granted that's not nearly enough for me to be happy with him being our starter but it's enough to mention as a factor in why he is playing and what he brings to the offense.

I still think we'd be significantly better if we could make a simple swap and get Hinrich or Calderon or some other PG who was more dynamic than Bibby but I do believe that Bibby is the most deserving of starting at PG for the Hawks as we are currently constructed.

His last 3 games from 3:

1/3

1/3

2/7

Hardly killing us during his slump...

Agreed - saying that we should bench Bibby is easy...and maybe he should be a quality backup PG at this point...but it doesn't matter IMO. We don't have an elite level youngster to take his place. That's not to say Teague is a bust...but he certainly isn't ready to start now.

So basically it's like complaining about your starting QB when your backup is even worse. It makes for good talk but the real key is to get a better option.

Bibby is no longer starting material in this league, but the options we have behind him aren't better. Bibby may not contribute much outside of a "calming influence" and occasional 3 point shot, but make no mistake about it:

It would be TURNOVER CITY if we handed the starting job to Teague at this point. Have you seen Teague try to run the offense when he is out there? We have no offensive identity when he is handling the PG duties.

And sadly, it looks like Bibby will be our starting PG mnext year as well barring an unexpected move by the Hawks.

Bibby is no longer starting material in this league, but the options we have behind him aren't better. Bibby may not contribute much outside of a "calming influence" and occasional 3 point shot, but make no mistake about it:

It would be TURNOVER CITY if we handed the starting job to Teague at this point. Have you seen Teague try to run the offense when he is out there? We have no offensive identity when he is handling the PG duties.

And sadly, it looks like Bibby will be our starting PG mnext year as well barring an unexpected move by the Hawks.

No way the Hawks go into next year with Bibby as the starting pg. I expect an unexpected move by then. Edited by terrell

No what Teagues turnover-assists ratio is? Bet its better than Bibby's. Could be wrong though. What I do know is that Teague usually has 2 or 3 assists in only a few min every time he's out there. Bibby seems to only get maybe 2 or 3 every couple of games lately. Not to mention, EVERY pg either has a breakout game or resurrects his career when he plays against the Hawks. I blame Jamal for some of that too though. Our perimeter defense is just plain awful. One things for sure, we better get another pg in here if we plan on making any kind of noise in the Playoffs. And what identity does Bibby give us? If it aint a pick and roll to Al, or an alley oop to Josh, its just pass it to Joe and stand at the 3 pt line. And an occasional 3 pointer means nothing, when you're a blowby waithing to happen on defense. Edited by terrell

No way the Hawks go into next year with Bibby as the starting pg. I expect an unexpected move by then.

No worries terrell....I almost have my time machine up and running (just have to check out a few vacuum tubes)...then we will be able to take our pick from some very nice PG options.

Of course if it doesn't work, we will be stuck in the proverbial "good team limbo" position. In need of a key position to advance forward, but without the good draft position to get that player. Kinda like the Pacers used to be. Tack on the ownership situation and our best bet may be advances in medicine (leg transplants for Bibbs).

:ill:

• Like 1

I don't even see Bibby as a PG any more, what does he do...that makes him a PG?

Penetrate and dish? No. Lead the team in assists? No. Guard the opposing pg's? No. Start the break? No. Looks like D. Will? No. Cross you over like DRose? No. Ok, you got me. I give up. lol

• Admin

I think Teague should be getting at least 15 minutes a game. He needs the experience and if an injury happens then he will be able to contribute more. I disagree that anyone else on our roster should be starting at PG though. JC's role is perfect, Teague has not proven himself and Jordon Crawford is not ready for prime time (I still think we should send him to the d-league to get experience and confidence).

I think Teague should be getting at least 15 minutes a game. He needs the experience and if an injury happens then he will be able to contribute more. I disagree that anyone else on our roster should be starting at PG though. JC's role is perfect, Teague has not proven himself and Jordon Crawford is not ready for prime time (I still think we should send him to the d-league to get experience and confidence).

I dont think Jordan Crawford is lacking confidence by any means...lol

• Like 1

No what Teagues turnover-assists ratio is? Bet its better than Bibby's. Could be wrong though.

Bibby has a 3.0 A to TO ratio while Teague has a 2.0 so no it's not better and that's not good enough to be the starting PG. Bibby isn't the perfect PG for the Hawks but he's the best one we have on the roster right now.

• Premium Member

Our PG position is a huge problem. Bibby sucks, and Teague isn't any better. It seems like Bibby doesn't have his legs under his shot lately, like he's pushing the shot off... At any rate, he sure is looking old out there and tonight his offense was almost as bad as his defense.