• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Melo to NY trade in the works

GameTime

The Knicks are closer to being in the lottery right now and you think Melo boosts them above everybody? Jeez the overreaction to every move every other team makes.

Remember the Ricky Davis signing with the Heat? People here thought that was putting them over the top. Then they had the worst season in team history.

• Admin

Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and a first? I thought NJ was offering a MUCH better deal (Harris, Favors, and multiple picks).

They have another scoring threat and a great one two punch but I still contend that Melo is not an impact player that is going to make you a champion.

Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and a first? I thought NJ was offering a MUCH better deal (Harris, Favors, and multiple picks).

They have another scoring threat and a great one two punch but I still contend that Melo is not an impact player that is going to make you a champion.

Jersey's offer is much better, but at this point Denver is in the unfortunate position of about having to take whatever they can get or risk losing him for nothing, due to Melo's refusal to sign an extension with NJ or so far as I know anyone else but the Knicks. Carmelo has really got the Nuggets over a barrel, and there is little to nothing that they can do about that unless and until he's willing to change his stance. And you can't discount the possible value of a first round pick from the Timberpups, especially if it's coming in next year's draft. They've got the second worst record in the NBA, so dependent upon the lottery of course, that could equate to a premium pick.

Jersey's offer is much better, but at this point Denver is in the unfortunate position of about having to take whatever they can get or risk losing him for nothing, due to Melo's refusal to sign an extension with NJ or so far as I know anyone else but the Knicks. Carmelo has really got the Nuggets over a barrel, and there is little to nothing that they can do about that unless and until he's willing to change his stance. And you can't discount the possible value of a first round pick from the Timberpups, especially if it's coming in next year's draft. They've got the second worst record in the NBA, so dependent upon the lottery of course, that could equate to a premium pick.

The TWolves owe their own pick to the Clippers, if they were to trade a pick it would probably be Utah's from the Al Jefferson trade. Be crazy to give up Brewer, burn cap space on Curry and throw in a lotto pick to get Anthony Randolph and help a division rival.

The TWolves owe their own pick to the Clippers, if they were to trade a pick it would probably be Utah's from the Al Jefferson trade. Be crazy to give up Brewer, burn cap space on Curry and throw in a lotto pick to get Anthony Randolph and help a division rival.

Oh. Are you 100% positive that Minnesota doesn't own their own pick in the 2011 draft, because in all the mocks and projected draft orders I've seen, they still hold that pick. If not, then wow, the T-Wolves are in *really* sad shape, and if it were Utah's pick (sure to be a late one) going to the Nuggs, then both Minnesota and Denver would be getting hosed in that trade. Chandler is a decent player, in fact I'd even say he's pretty good, but he ain't even within light years of Carmelo Anthony. And Brewer is a hard-nosed and good defensive player, but is also averaging just 9 points and shooting 40% for his career. Not a good trade for either team in my opinion. Only the Knicks would benefit, cause they'd be the ones getting Carmelo.

Oh. Are you 100% positive that Minnesota doesn't own their own pick in the 2011 draft, because in all the mocks and projected draft orders I've seen, they still hold that pick. If not, then wow, the T-Wolves are in *really* sad shape, and if it were Utah's pick (sure to be a late one) going to the Nuggs, then both Minnesota and Denver would be getting hosed in that trade. Chandler is a decent player, in fact I'd even say he's pretty good, but he ain't even within light years of Carmelo Anthony. And Brewer is a hard-nosed and good defensive player, but is also averaging just 9 points and shooting 40% for his career. Not a good trade for either team in my opinion. Only the Knicks would benefit, cause they'd be the ones getting Carmelo.

Well I think that I should clarify that the Wolves owe the rights of their pick to the Clippers from the Sam Cassel-Marko Jaric trade many a moon ago. It stays with the Wolves if it's within the top ten, which is very likely, but is completely unprotected in 2012. Because they owe the rights of the pick and are in essence trading the pick for sure in 2012 then they can't trade two consecutive 1st round picks.

Just checking it out but it's apparently Memphis' pick that they got through Utah. Either way, a late first, burning this year's capspace and Corey Brewer for the rights to Anthony Randolph is a dumb idea, throwing in a top 3 pick is a monumentally insane idea that would keep their whole front office out of work in the NBA for eternity.

Well I think that I should clarify that the Wolves owe the rights of their pick to the Clippers from the Sam Cassel-Marko Jaric trade many a moon ago. It stays with the Wolves if it's within the top ten, which is very likely, but is completely unprotected in 2012. Because they owe the rights of the pick and are in essence trading the pick for sure in 2012 then they can't trade two consecutive 1st round picks.

Just checking it out but it's apparently Memphis' pick that they got through Utah. Either way, a late first, burning this year's capspace and Corey Brewer for the rights to Anthony Randolph is a dumb idea, throwing in a top 3 pick is a monumentally insane idea that would keep their whole front office out of work in the NBA for eternity.

OK, got ya. Well we'll see what happens, but I agree that would be a very bad trade for Minny, so bad that it would make even myself want to scream KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!, and I'm not even a T-Pups fan. :laugh:

• Moderators

It isn't like Denver has zero leverage with Carmelo, though. He costs himself a lot of money if he decides to go the FA route rather than a S&T. I would just wait for a better offer or S&T him after the season. The Knicks have to ditch Wilson Chandler anyway if they want to sign Melo so you can always get him.

What this deal really does, however, is save Denver $22M this year ($11M doubled since they are in the tax if they keep everyone).

• 2 weeks later...
According to a league source debriefed on Carmelo Anthony negotiations, Denver asked for Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained via Anthony Randolph) for Anthony and point guard Chauncey Billups. New York Post
The nuggets basically want the whole knicks roation (except amare) and a 1st rounder they get from the twolves for anthony randolph which is basically a lottery pick