New MC article: Drew has ramped up the alarm even more

coachx

Just all the talk right now. I don't expect Sund to get off his *ss to make a move. Until LD does what he actually said. I am not going to take anything he said seriously. As for LD job security. His job is very safe for however long his contract is. Unless the Hawks win 0 games rest of the way. ASG isn't going to fire him. LD has the lowest salary among all NBA HeadCoaches.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

Just all the talk right now. I don't expect Sund to get off his *ss to make a move. Until LD does what he actually said. I am not going to take anything he said seriously. As for LD job security. His job is very safe for however long his contract is. Unless the Hawks win 0 games rest of the way. ASG isn't going to fire him. LD has the lowest salary among all NBA HeadCoaches.

So if LD has his job secured you should believe what he is saying, cause you and I as well as everybody else knows that the ASG isnt going to rid him cause like you said he has the lowest contract in the NBA for a coach. So we all should expect a change but the man can only work with what he is given. Just because a lineup change comes doesnt mean it will change a whole lot hell it may be worse and he has to go back to the regular lineup......anyhow i really do think we will see a change hopefully we get a trade though, that has nothing to do wit LD but Sund and the ASG

Well Bibby hardly even shoots anymore. His past 5 games....against DAL he put up 4 shots, and went 1-4. Against TOR, he put up 9 shots, and went 2-9. Against LAC, he shot 6 times and went 0-6. Against WAS, 6 shots and went 2-6. And last night, 5 shots and went 2-5. And in that span, he's put up a not so grand total of 13 assists, so I'm not exactly sure *what* Mike Bibby is doing to help this team.

Well you are kind of picking your stats there Seano...he has also had very good games.

But I will agree that Bibbs isn't our PG of the future. Problem is...we don't have a PG of the future. You really can't blame it on Bibbs that ownership hasn't managed to get a better upcoming PG. They have certainly had their chances.

My guess is Bibbs would be comfortable splitting time or even coming off the bench with a younger PG at this point in his career. The thing is - you can't just say "let's just start Teague and make him our PG of the future" if the guy isn't up to the task. Teague is a turnover machine who isn't even the mildest threat from the perimeter at this point in his career.

Sure...he would improve with more playing time...but realistically...I would be a better golfer if I played every day...doesn't mean I would ever be really good though.

Agree 100%. He'll say anything to appease the media and look like a disciplinarian. He'll get called to Sund's and/or Gearon's office. As soon as be sits down, they'll give him a long look and subtly shake their head. "Know your place." I've never heard a coach publicly announce the need for a trade, let alone on a winning team, even if it is obvious to a casual female basketball fan.

LOL bhb....reminds me of when I usta try to "lay down the law" to my wife. Her answer would be...."take out the trash and mow the lawn or you won't get any supper...or anything else"....:tongue:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5842258

Plus add next year's first.

This trade allows Minnesota to dump salary for next year.

fixes our deficiencies at Center and PG.

Lineup looks like this:

Telfair / Teague

Johnson/Crawford

Smith/Wilkens

Horford/Williams/Pachulia

Milicic/Twin/Pachulia

Reasons....

Telfair can get to the paint and is a stop ball pg. He won't be as pressured to score as early in his career. He's currently averaging 7.8ppg/3.1apg and shooting 39.7% from 3 in under 20 minutes a game. Give him 32 minutes (teague 16) and that playes out to 13 ppg, 5.7 apg and much better defense. Telfair runs the pick and roll and fast break extremely well. He is fast. Biggest strength is court vision.

Milicic. 7.0, 275 2.3 bpg center in only 24 minutes. averaging 9.3 PPG 5.4 RPG in the same 24 minutes. 32 minutes numbers would be 12 ppg/7.2 RPG/3.0 BPG. He doesn't have to be superman, he just has to not be a strong defensive presence who could score if asked and allow Al to move to the 4, Josh to the 3. It's the Collins lineup except Milicic is better than Collins.

Starting lineup is 6.0, 6.7, 6.9, 6.10, 7.0.

Lineup looks like this:

Telfair / Teague

Johnson/Crawford

Smith/Wilkens

Milicic/Twin/Pachulia

Reasons....

Telfair can get to the paint and is a stop ball pg. He won't be as pressured to score as early in his career. He's currently averaging 7.8ppg/3.1apg and shooting 39.7% from 3 in under 20 minutes a game. Give him 32 minutes (teague 16) and that playes out to 13 ppg, 5.7 apg and much better defense. Telfair runs the pick and roll and fast break extremely well. He is fast. Biggest strength is court vision.

Milicic. 7.0, 275 2.3 bpg center in only 24 minutes. averaging 9.3 PPG 5.4 RPG in the same 24 minutes. 32 minutes numbers would be 12 ppg/7.2 RPG/3.0 BPG. He doesn't have to be superman, he just has to not be a strong defensive presence who could score if asked and allow Al to move to the 4, Josh to the 3. It's the Collins lineup except Milicic is better than Collins.

This is a non-blockbuster with blockbuster change potential for THIS team. Fills positions we need filled well. Doable. I'd like to trade ZaZa if we do this.

W

Lineup looks like this:

Telfair / Teague

Johnson/Crawford

Smith/Wilkens

Milicic/Twin/Pachulia

Reasons....

Josh at sf still worries me. Dont wont him on the perimeter too much. Guess he could backup Al and get some min at pf though.

• Admin

This is a non-blockbuster with blockbuster change potential for THIS team. Fills positions we need filled well. Doable. I'd like to trade ZaZa if we do this.

W

At first I didn't like this trade (as I don't like Telfair or Darko) but you are right...this might be the right kind of change that can help be competitive with the big '4' in the East.

Lineup looks like this:

Telfair / Teague

Johnson/Crawford

Smith/Wilkens

Milicic/Twin/Pachulia

Reasons....

LMAO, lol. No way Minny does this deal. They wanted talented for Telfair when NY asked. Man, you guys don't realize that other teams are running a franchise too. This isn't NBA 2k, people don't trade a starting center and a quality backup PG for trash. This board really should understand that.