• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF MARVIN ACCEPT HIS ROLE.....

QuantumHawkz

• Premium Member

15, 8 and some good D. As a starter marvins a 6th option. Off the bench, hes the second option.Remember his stats from 07-08 when he was the 4th option, 15 ppg, 6 reb.Thats what he finished with after we traded for Bibby. But before that he was the 3rd option his stats were 17 ppg, 8 reb. Now the next step is to bench bibby. Let Teague start and see what happens. So the line ups will look like this

PG-TEAGUE

SG-JOHNSON

SF-SMITH

PF-HORFORDC-COLLINS

The bench would be pg- bibby, sg- crawford, sf- williams,pf- powell, c- zaza. This is good if you ask me because we get the speed and better perimeter D we need from that position.[last time i check and have seen that teague is pretty good at stealing the ball] As for the center position, collins is a good low post defender and has the size we need to bang with the big boys. We really dont need alot of scoring from those position, not with the big three we have in the starting lineup.And with bibby and williams coming off the bench, it gives crawford the scoring help he needs.

• Moderators

Everything that Marvin is saying makes me think he is not accepting it. Which to me is just ridiculous. He's not going to find another team where he is in the starting lineup. I'm sure he hears a lot about how he's a 'coaches dream' but to be somebody in the nba you need to do something not just find your spot on the floor. I'm glad he's playing well and hopefully he will see that he can become more of a scorer off the bench. Maybe the Hawks should show him the trade offers they've had for him and see if he still thinks he deserves to be a permanent starter.

In the grand scheme of things Josh at the 3 will not work. Its easy to beat up on the weak teams. But Josh at the 3 will not get us pass Orlando, Chicago, Boston, or Miami. We have to look at the big picture. charlotte demonstrated how t make him irrelevant in the 2nd half. Sometimes it not about how many points you score but rather how you get them.

How about letting Marvin and Josh switch roles. Let Smoove start at the 3 and Marvin at the 4.

Edited by Wurider05

• Premium Member

In the grand scheme of things Josh at the 3 will not work. Its easy to beat up on the weak teams. But Josh at the 3 will not get us pass Orlando, Chicago, Boston, or Miami. We have to look at the big picture. charlotte demonstrated how t make him irrelevant in the 2nd half. Sometimes it not about how many points you score but rather how you get them.

How about letting Marvin and Josh switch roles. Let Smoove start at the 3 and Marvin at the 4.

Unfortunately for your position, Josh at the 3 has beaten Orlando 3 times already.

• Premium Member

I still dont like Josh at sf though. He's on the perimeter too much. And too many jumpshots.

I have to agree with Drew here. When you look at the cons vs. the pros, the pros have it. You have an allstar PF who gets beat up nightly. You have a SF who doesn't produce. If moving Al to PF will give him more longjevity and make him more physically ready for the playoffs, we have to really consider it. Josh's shot selection is something that can be refocused. However, you can't refocus Howard from push Horf around or Byunum from Push Horf around. Horf is not a full 1 inch taller than Josh. He has weight and strength, but we're asking a whole lot of him to push around big 260-290 lb centers every night. Moreover, Horf has not back to the basket game to speak of. In the halfcourt set, Horf's offense becomes predictable and easily defended.

I still dont like Josh at sf though. He's on the perimeter too much. And too many jumpshots.

I agree. Plus smaller and quicker SF's can go around him easily. Josh is very slow moving laterally,

but he's quick going forward and up. If Josh would just play the SF position with a mentality of a PF,

things would be better. I would almost be tempted to put Horford on the opposing SF on defense and

let Josh guard the opposing PF. I think Al is quicker and is a better man on man defender.

• Like 1

I would almost be tempted to put Horford on the opposing SF on defense and

let Josh guard the opposing PF. I

I agree Horford moves very well with his lateral quickness on defense but Horford seems to foul alot when is switched on to a perimeter player though (like last night vs. Detroit).

I want Horford in the paint banging with the big boys and getting rebounds.

I agree Horford moves very well with his lateral quickness on defense but Horford seems to foul alot when is switched on to a perimeter player though (like last night vs. Detroit).

I want Horford in the paint banging with the big boys and getting rebounds.

Good point. He is our best rebounder and the only guy willing to box out on every shot.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately for your position, Josh at the 3 has beaten Orlando 3 times already.

Add to that, the Hawks beat Miami with Josh playing significant minutes at the 3. Also, in that game for the first three quaters, Josh defended Lebron single coverage way better than Marvin ever has. People keep hollerin that Josh will get blown by off the dribble, but that's yet to show itself to be a legitimate issue.