• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sessions continues to be the most likely option

txsting

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-hawks/2011/2/22/2008955/2011-nba-trade-deadline-2011-nba-trade-deadline-ramon-sessions-manny

Marc Spears is tweeting the possibility of Teague/Mo for Sessions/Harris. I'm definitely in on that deal. It doesn't solve every problem, but it is a step forward for little cost. Sessions actually has a positive +/- rating on a terrible Cavs team. Bibby and Teague are both substantially negative in that area, so I believe it's a real upgrade at the point and even on the bench by pushing Bibby to second string eventually.

http://atlanta.sbnat...-sessions-manny

Marc Spears is tweeting the possibility of Teague/Mo for Sessions/Harris. I'm definitely in on that deal. It doesn't solve every problem, but it is a step forward for little cost. Sessions actually has a positive +/- rating on a terrible Cavs team. Bibby and Teague are both substantially negative in that area, so I believe it's a real upgrade at the point and even on the bench by pushing Bibby to second string eventually.

That was posted at 7:38 PM last night so I don't think that is anything new or anything that's been confirmed by any legit sources but I'm certainly in favor of it.

• Premium Member

That was posted at 7:38 PM last night so I don't think that is anything new or anything that's been confirmed by any legit sources but I'm certainly in favor of it.

I would be in favor of this also. If there is any truth to it, hopefully it will get done. I do have to ask, why would Cleveland do this deal.

I believe the Hawks have put themselves in a postion where they have to make a move. Not making a move sends a bad message to the fan base regarding their committment to improving and competing for a championship. It is pretty clear that this team cannot win a championship.

I'm sure that most here haven't seen Harris play but he's FAR from a throw in with this deal, assuming he's actually included, and he could be a legit steal if we're able to get him and it wouldn't surprise me if he's able to replace Jamal's scoring off the bench next year.

I would be in favor of this also. If there is any truth to it, hopefully it will get done. I do have to ask, why would Cleveland do this deal.

It make $$ "cents" but not basketball "sense."

These types of deals happen each year.

Mo's $2.5 mill expiring contract puts money directly into Dan Gilbert's pocket.

The Cavs have no problem "tanking" the rest of the season to give them the best chance at getting the most ping-pong balls in the lottery.

I believe the Hawks have put themselves in a postion where they have to make a move. Not making a move sends a bad message to the fan base regarding their committment to improving and competing for a championship. It is pretty clear that this team cannot win a championship.

I would think Cleveland sees it as a "sell high - buy low" opportunity.

I would love this deal. It would make Jamal very expendable with M.Harris and Bibby coming off the bench as scorers. There would be no pressure to resign him at all. I have just become far to skeptical of this front office to expect anything. I won't get my hopes up. That way, the letdown won't be as bad.

Lateral move, just what Sund spoke out of his own mouth less than a month ago that he was against. Sessions does not move you above anyone in standings, he does not make anyone rush to the ticket office, and it is debatable rather he will be able to do what he is doing with a loser with a winner. I don't get it. :shake_puter:

• Moderators

Lateral move, just what Sund spoke out of his own mouth less than a month ago that he was against. Sessions does not move you above anyone in standings, he does not make anyone rush to the ticket office, and it is debatable rather he will be able to do what he is doing with a loser with a winner. I don't get it. :shake_puter:

If you are giving up Teague/Mo/2nd round pick, you aren't giving up anything for an immediate upgrade over Teague and Mo. If we can't give Teague a steady 10 minutes per game, I am ready to abandon him for sure.

Edited by AHF

It's not a lateral move if you trade a player(s) who don't contribute for a player(s) that will contribute.

If you are giving up Teague/Mo/2nd round pick, you aren't giving up anything for an immediate upgrade over Teague and Mo. If we can't give Teague a steady 10 minutes per game, I am ready to abandon him for sure.

Cool, I will give you my 1990 Acura Legend it has a oil leak, if you know how to fix it you can have yourself something good.You give me your 1990 Honda Civic, you say it runs great, but every now and then it has problems getting started. Meanwhile, we watch everyone else on our block pick up the 2011 Maybach. :snowballfight: :help wanted3:

It's not a lateral move if you trade a player(s) who don't contribute for a player(s) that will contribute.

Even if you choose to look at it that way it is still a lateral move because his contributions will not contribute to the supposed bigger goal of taking the next step which was suppose to be to get to the ECF atleast

Edited by Superiorblogman

Even if you choose to look at it that way it is still a lateral move because his contributions while not contribute to the supposed bigger goal of taking the next step which was suppose to be to get to the ECF atleast

How could making a trade that improves the team not help in getting to the bigger goal? First we take care of the PG situation and then we can look at improving the C situation. It's called baby steps ...

• Moderators

Cool, I will give you my 1990 Acura Legend it has a oil leak, if you know how to fix it you can have yourself something good.You give me your 1990 Honda Civic, you say it runs great, but every now and then it has problems getting started. Meanwhile, we watch everyone else on our block pick up the 2011 Maybach. :snowballfight: :help wanted3:

We can't afford the Maybach so that is irrelevant.

If you can't fix the Acura, you can sell it or let it sit in the driveway. Unless we are getting rid of the GM or Coach, Teague is a wasting asset.

I have harped on the need to play Teague limited and consistent minutes the last two years. Similar calls from the fan base have been ignored by the Hawks either for good reason (i.e., he sucks ala Acie Law) or because they simply aren't willing to play him. If it is the former (i.e., he sucks), then we need to deal him while he still has value. If it is latter, you either fire your coach/GM or trade the guy.

I am fine to debate if Sessions is the right guy to acquire in a deal involving Teague, but I am no longer content to let him sit on the bench and waste away if we can acquire an upgrade over Bibby by using Teague.

That Acura does no one any good when the owner isn't willing to try to fix it. You might as well get the Civic that runs at that point.

If the Hawks want to win NOW they will trade Teague. He's basically a project on a team that wants to win this season. Will he ever become a legit PG? I think so. Does he fit in our current plans? Probably not.

How could making a trade that improves the team not help in getting to the bigger goal? First we take care of the PG situation and then we can look at improving the C situation. It's called baby steps ...

I don't see what you see. They are looking to take the next step this year that was the goal and always has been and has been stated over and over again. From the moment they got rid of Woody and signed Joe, raise the ceiling was the term they used. We have a day to make steps to get there, baby steps are not what we need at this point. It's all in or everything they said was politics and lies. :temperature:

Edited by Superiorblogman

I don't see what you see. They are looking to take the next step this year that was the goal and always has been and has been stated over and over again. From the moment they got rid of Woody and signed Joe, raise the ceiling was the term they used. We have a day to make steps to get there, baby steps are not what we need at this point. It's all in or everything they said was politics and lies. :temperature:

Adding a quality PG like Sessions (whether you want to argue that point or not is moot) without giving up any of our current production helps the team THIS YEAR. At the VERY WORST he would give Bibby some rest and that alone would help us in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Adding a quality PG like Sessions (whether you want to argue that point or not is moot) without giving up any of our current production helps the team THIS YEAR. At the VERY WORST he would give Bibby some rest and that alone would help us in the playoffs.

+1 if Sessions can carry the brunt for the rest of the regular season then we can save Bibby for the playoffs. That way we can max whatever skill he has left when it counts the most.

Fully agree. Trade Machine actually thinks the deal is worth +11 wins. Someone else posted that Sessions would be worth around 5.7 wins using a different metric. I don't know about all that, but even at 1/3 of that value it's a good deal. I will trade you $1 for $1.15 any day.