• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Knicks jump Hawks?

PaceRam

Now that the Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups do you think that has improved the Knicks enough to overtake the Hawks in the Eastern Playoff seeding? I will admit that I like Kirk Hinrich but I was a little disappointed that the Hawks did not acquire another player (Harris, Sessions, Reggie Evans, etc) and I personally think they overpaid (just a little!). With that being said I do think the Hawks will improve thanks to Hinrich's passing and defensive skills. I think and am hoping that we will see Hinrich get the other Hawks players much more involved than Bibby has done this season.

I think there is a chance based on the fact that the Hawks are going to have a very tough schedule for the rest of the season. The schedule will have a larger impact than the Carmelo trade. I still think the Hawks are a better team though.

Their schedule isn't much easier and they have to make up games on us. If we play .500 on out we might even get the 4th seed but of course we could just bomb out the rest of the season. Hope for the best prepare for the worst I guess.

In the grand scheme of things you almost have to wonder if it matters. NY is able to go all out payroll wise while this team is limited to being under the cap. Sooner or later they'll build a title contender while at best this team is stuck with being the Minnesota Twins.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This has more to do with the Hawks than any of their rivals. The team goes through serious internal motions.

If they get their act together and play like their are able to, they're clearly better than Knicks.

• Like 1

I think they have and it is not just because of Melo, it has just as much to do with Chauncey. He is just one season removed from 19 and 6 and now that he is with the mad scientist expect at least those numbers again. We play the Knicks soon enough on the 6th at home, but barring injury the Knicks will play better than us from this point forward.

We have no answer for those three players and Chauncey will get their role players such as Tony Douglas, Shawne Williams, and Landy Fields involved. Turiaf is the big question mark along with depth, but otherwise they look a lot better now with three all-stars than before with just one and a half (Felton). And they recently beat the heck out of us with just one and a half.

Edited by Buzzard

in the grand scheme of things you almost have to wonder if it matters. ny is able to go all out payroll wise while this team is limited to being under the cap. sooner or later they'll build a title contender while at best this team is stuck with being the minnesota twins.

i get the twins sentiment, but have you seen their payroll lately? it's like $106 million?! the new stadium really helped them.

i don't think nyk will pass the hawks this year. hinrich really solves two or three major hawks issues. mello just makes the knicks a better garden draw. billups may help them, but his defense is beginning to waiver.

the biggest thing the hawks need to do now is just focus on playing sound, fundamental basketball. play positional defense, help when needed, but stick on your man. get in position to get boards (drew needs to start handing out fines for every offensive rebound given up). make horford the center of the offense. put him on either the high or low block and let guys move around him. that will open up good shots for everyone. in essence. they just need to worry about themselves and all will take care of itself.

melo is a great piece but he is not a game changer like lebron, howard, paul etc.

he is a scorer.

the team will really score but i don't see them being a contender...they are still missing some pieces before making another leap.

I agree cap. They are not contenders for the throne. The Knicks have one to many holes at sg and pf/center (Amare cannot play both at the same time). But as long as Chauncey can play at a high level, I do think they have now inched closer to it than we have.

Edited by Buzzard

I always thought we were better than the Melo-Nuggets, and I am pretty sure that the Melo-Nuggets were a better team than this Melo-Knicks team is. The story may change if/when they get Chris Paul, but I am fairly confident that we would beat them in a seven game series.

On a side note, did anybody watch the Nuggets/Celtics game last night? I like this Nuggets team a lot, their second unit is probably good enough to beat a handful of NBA teams.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if Amar'e can cope with Melo having more 27fga games. He was enjoying himself and really strocking his ego being the unquestioned number 1 but he didn't look too happy being on the bench while Melo closed it out the other night. Maybe this wouldn't of been an issue if they were together since the summer but all those months being hailed as the king and being praised for singlehandedly bringing that franchise back into relevancy is something STAT really embraced. I'm not sure how he'll adjust to going back to second fiddle and this time to the native son......especially if they start losing :stirthepot:

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome
  • Like 1