ZaZa Officially Out Of Rotation?

PureGreatness

[quoteIs he happy about that?

“I don’t know,” he said. “I will say, yeah, I am happy because to moving in the middle of the season, especially [from] a team like Atlanta Hawks, you never know where you are going to go. So, yeah, for now I am happy but in the bigger picture, on different team it might be a better situation where I am getting more playing time and being more involved.

“For now, I am happy. I am not even thinking about next summer [that] I might go somewhere else or something. I definitely want to enjoy this year and do my best for this team.”]

What gives?

Coach’s decision going forward,” L.D. said. “I’m looking for certain things out of our big guys. I need presence, I need physicality, I need rebounding, I need screens being set to open up our perimeters. Prior to last night’s game we had lost five out of six, and I wanted to make sort of a change to give us a different look and jump start us a little bit.

Article from MC

I don't know about LD with this. The last time he announced "some changes are needed...I will tweak the lineup," he didn't deliver (well he DID, but we had already seen that lineup PLENTY before...and was one he mulled over going to full time well before that game.)

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time Zaza was a healthy scratch from the lineup, so that in and of itself it pretty significant.

The fact of the matter is that Zaza isn't very good...but the compounding problem is that neither are any of our backup bigs. I hope Armstrong can give us what LD is asking for because we already know we can't get that from our current crop of backup bigs. We don't need a world-beater; someone who isn't afraid to grab some rebounds and play D will be huge for our second team.

Let's face it. Zaza was on the block and no one wanted him. That being said with Kirk upfront his lack of interior D might be less problematic and he can rebound and run the floor. But he shouldn't be on the court with Jamal at the same time. However if he needs consistent +15 mins to be productive I like LD's decision to look for other options.

• Moderators

As much as I want to loathe Motel 6, he was brought here to sop up Zaza's minutes, and rightfully so. He is the only Hawk that can rival Zaza's ability to snare offensive boards and is less of a defensive liability. My long-term plan for ZP as Towel-Waver-in-Chief has been set in motion!

~lw3

• Premium Member

Think LD is just sending a message. ZaZa will be back at some point.

I knew someone said this... turns out it was... me. :) ... back a little sooner than even I'd anticipated, and I'm sure MC is feeling a little punked by it all.