• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Misses Mo?

benhillboy

Anybody? Addition by subtraction seems like to me. He never really had a role, or one he could consistently fulfill anyway, and it seems to help define everyone else's a little clearer as well as Bibby leaving. And I'm starting to think that the Hawks should hire a hypnotist to trick Marvin into believing that a starter is out and he's actually needed so he can, you know, produce a little. Those minutes available with Mo's departure, and especially Josh being out, lit that proverbial fire that we all know Marvin needs on a nightly basis.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

I like Damien Wilkens better any way. He is the better defender and bigger. He fits right in with this teams new defensive mentality.

Mo's 3 was off this season and his knee surgery seemed to limit his lateral quickness.

• Moderators

For the M.E.A.T. (Mo Evans Appreciation Thread), my favorite performance was during a playoff loss (go figure), versus Cleveland Game 2. He was the only guy that showed up offensively (our second leading scorer? Thomas Gardner) but the whole team was overwhelmed by LBJ and Wally "Random Dude" Szczerbiak.

And my favorite Mo play was in preseason (go figure):

Poor Cheikh Samb got passed around by something like four teams in five months after that.

I was most excited though, when the Hawks signed first Mo, then Flip, in summer '08. I was like, "at long last, the Hawks have a bench! Who needs Chillz, when we've got The Flip 'n Mo Show!" Didn't quite work out, but the anticipation of better bench production was great at the time.

~lw3

Mo has scored 23 points and grabbed 5 boards in 70 minutes of work for the Wiz, so no- I don't miss him one bit. I was excited when we first got him too, as he was coming off a really strong season in Orlando, hitting on 49% of his shots and 39% of his 3's. But he's just regressed year by year in almost every statistical category, and this year he's just bottomed-out into a pretty damn cruddy NBA player. He's 32 too, which most likely means he can only get worse from here.

So nope, don't miss him at all!