Andrei Kirilenko

Earl Watson

Shane Battier

Chuck Hayes

DeShawn Stevenson

Tayshaun Prince

Tyson Chandler

J.R. Smith

Hopefully we can get some of these to increase our depth.

Edited by GameTime

All great options that fill positional and depth needs but it's extremely doubtful that we can afford any of them outside of maybe Watson or Stevenson. We are more likely to scrape the bottom of the barrel again for minimum "vets" with or without Jamal resigned.

Reggie Williams of the Warriors is set to be a RFA, I would imagine Golden State will want to keep him, but I'd like to see us try to snag him if we can afford it. He'd be an excellent 6th man option to replace Jamal.

• Premium Member

Until the new CBA is laid out, it's tough to know what we'll able to do in free agency.

Tough to know, but if teams are looking to contain salary through a salary cap, that would seem at first to be indicative of giving us even less room to operate than we currently have. But we'll see.

All great options that fill positional and depth needs but it's extremely doubtful that we can afford any of them outside of maybe Watson or Stevenson. We are more likely to scrape the bottom of the barrel again for minimum "vets" with or without Jamal resigned.

I would think that not resigning Jamal would help free up a little more money to sign decent role players. Instead of paying him his 7 or 8 million per year(Probably what he wants) that money could be used more efficiently to help balance out the roster.

if you let Jamal go you've got to find something to make up for his scoring... Out of that list, hmmmmm, nothing really does that. We could get a lot more bench depth; I'd love to see Reggie Evans, Tyson Chandler and Shane Battier in a Hawks uniform for next season (sans Jamal)

I would think that not resigning Jamal would help free up a little more money to sign decent role players. Instead of paying him his 7 or 8 million per year(Probably what he wants) that money could be used more efficiently to help balance out the roster.

Even if we let go of Jamal we'll only have ~6 million or so to sign 4 mandatory players underneath the current cap system. Out of the players on that list nearly every one of them will demand a salary starting at 6 mil per year if not more. The money can be used to balance out the roster but it'll stull just be more Jason Powell's, Damien Wilkins and Othello Hunters.

Kris Humphries

Sebastian Telfair

Nick Collison

Samuel Dalembert

Reggie Evans

Andrei Kirilenko

Earl Watson

Shane Battier

Chuck Hayes

DeShawn Stevenson

Tayshaun Prince

Tyson Chandler

J.R. Smith

Hopefully we can get some of these to increase our depth.

chandler would be awesome, but i don't think we could afford him. telfair would be interesting to me. he'd be fairly cheap i think, but i don't know if he'd be cheap enough/happy enough to be our 3rd string pg if we keep hinny/teague as our primary pgs. i would love to get battier and/or prince here, especially if they move marvin and his contract over the summer. ak47 could be interesting, but hasn't he been on a pretty good downward slide over the past few years now?

we're over the cap, so we don't get jamal's money to use on someone else if we let him walk

we could SNT him for a dalembert/chandler/prince/ak47

If an MLE type exemption still exists we would have that amount of space left under the current lux tax mark.

Under nearly every CBA the double sign and trade has been next to impossible though. If we are to sign and trade Jamal it'll have to be for a player still under contract and not a free agent like the ones you mentioned.