• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heat vs Hawks

AHawks89

This otta be a good game. I'm hoping to see the normal starting five: Kirk, Joe, Marvin, Josh, & Al. We should be able to match up well with their line up;especially since Udonis Haslem (foot), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (foot) are not playing tonight. We're tied 1-1 as of now, and have 1 more following game after this one against the Heat.

In order for us to win tonight, Joe needs to shoot a helluva better than he has been, Josh needs to stop making terrible decisions, Al needs more touches and needs to be more aggressive, LD doesn't need to play Jamal the whole 4th quarter, and of course our bench has to contribute.

Who is going to the game tonight? How will the fans treat Bibby when he gets in the game?

Go Hawks!

Edited by AHawks89

Haha I hope not! This would be a great win, but usually when we do win a big meaningful game, we embarrass ourselves the next few games. Hopefully, we can win this game and go on a run. :derisive:

Oh yeah, wonder if Jamal, Kirk, or Jeff will break Bibby's ankle tonight? That would just be dirty! :spiteful:

• Moderators

If Bibby gets anything but good cheer i'll be disappointed. Especially with some of the effort we have been seeing lately. Bibby always brought everything he had every game.

To me this is a huge game. Are we contenders or pretenders. Its not a must win but a must compete. Its sad but true. The Heat are getting close to full playoff mode and we should be too. If we lay an egg it may be the begining of the end for this group.

• Like 3

We need a lot from our guys, mainly focus, energy, and heart. In my opinion, I see this as a win tonight. This would be great for us, our team, city, and fans. Hopefully, everyone contributes and has a good game. This message board will be much more enjoyable with a W tonight. I hate coming on here at times and being reminded that we're playing like total crap as of now. Let's go Hawks!!! :superman:

I can't see a win tonight in any form or fashion. Hopefully I can add this the "what you were wrong about" post.

Agreed...sad but true. Recently i've just expected the worse from these guys. Heat will probably blow us out of the building, I predict a 110-85 score. Bibby will probably only have 9 or 10 points, but D-Wade and Lebron will both have double-doubles.

We have the tools to beat the Heat: good defenders for both James (Marvin and Damien) and Dwayne (Kirk and Joe). They don't have inside presence and can be outrebounded and outscored in the paint.

They are one of the best teams in terms of playing the passing lanes and turnovers are serious issue for the post trade Hawks. LD needs to address this in his game plan.

• Premium Member

This is a must win game I would say. It's one of those games that teams set out to make a statement. Miami is thinking championship and is not concerned about us. We're STILL trying to prove that we are a relevant team in the East. Like I said before, it's put up or shut up time.

This is an opportunity for the team to make a statement...let's see what they say tonight!

Going against my better judgement, common sense, and all that says we should lose tonight...I have a feeling that either A) we run away with this thing or B) we GIVE the game to them. I don't think it'll be a game where we're just outgunned. I think we're going to either play VERY well and win or just play WAY worse then we're capable of and get blown out.

...which now that I think about it directly equates to how many jumpers the team takes (and makes, if they're hot) and how badly Smoove is missing on his/turning it over.

Live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot. :resent:

• Premium Member

It will be a good game with the hawks walking away with the win. I really see us playing hawks basketball( which is defense, trunovers, fastbreak). HAWKZ 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the tools to beat the Heat: good defenders for both James (Marvin and Damien) and Dwayne (Kirk and Joe). They don't have inside presence and can be outrebounded and outscored in the paint.

They are one of the best teams in terms of playing the passing lanes and turnovers are serious issue for the post trade Hawks. LD needs to address this in his game plan.

But knowing LD, Damien will get a dnp-cd, and he'll have Jamal guarding Wade.