• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson is done for the month, hope you enjoyed the anomaly known as the Buck game.

MVP23

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess we'll just have to suck it up mvp.

"sucking it up" just isn't acceptable to me. We will never go anywhere with him on this team. We are handcuffed to a burning plane that is about to crash in the middle of the ocean. We simply have to move him if we want to at least compete.

• Like 1

"sucking it up" just isn't acceptable to me. We will never go anywhere with him on this team. We are handcuffed to a burning plane that is about to crash in the middle of the ocean. We simply have to move him if we want to at least compete.

At least if the plane crashes in the ocean it would put the fire out. But then you still sink to the bottom handcuffed. But no matter what, JJ is the most overpaid guy in the NBA for sure.

I'll take Travis Outlaw & fillers any day, I think is possible.

Feel bad for Joe, everything is blamed on him, but the real culprit is Sund. Knowing how miserable the ownership is, still handles a max contract to a 2nd tier almost out of prime. This is by far worst than Marvin's draft & salaries adventures.

• Premium Member

If you can't trade JJ just sit him next season and start dropping games to get back in the lottery.

I'll take Travis Outlaw & fillers any day, I think is possible.

Feel bad for Joe, everything is blamed on him, but the real culprit is Sund. Knowing how miserable the ownership is, still handles a max contract to a 2nd tier almost out of prime. This is by far worst than Marvin's draft & salaries adventures.

Sund can't be considered the culprit if he's not actually the one in charge. This was made evident when his coaching choice was disregarded in favor of LD. The ownership had far more invested in Joe considering the war that they went through over him. It's doubtful that they would have just let him walk years later when they were still sitting in court fighting the decision to get him in the first place. Sund has nothing to do with that, he wasn't the GM that got Joe in the first place. It's because of the owners' pride that he's still here at that price.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

If I were Sund and ownership went over my head for one of the worst contracts ever, I would definitely resign. Joe's contract trumps everything good Sund's ever done in his career. If he is dissatisfied and indeed was not on board with the signing, he sure has a spineless, politically correct way of showing it. He should've come out and called out Joe months ago, instead it's always "Joe is a great, great, 5-time all-star. We need him. He's our leader, yada yada, bunch of bull....". Do y'all realize this guy is the 69th most efficient player in the league, and dropping every game?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

If I were Sund and ownership went over my head for one of the worst contracts ever, I would definitely resign. Joe's contract trumps everything good he's ever done in his career. If he is dissatisfied and indeed was not on board with the signing, he sure has a spineless, politically correct way of showing it. He should've come out and called out Joe months ago, instead it's always "Joe is a great, great, 5-time all-star. We need him. He's our leader, yada yada, bunch of bull....". Do y'all realize this guy is the 69th most efficient player in the league, and dropping every game?

Never ever ever should you pay for past performances. That deal made no sense from a business or basketball aspect.

I don't think we watch the same games...

Haters just hate. Une chanson en français dit " Quand on est con, on est con " ...

We are going nowhere with this team AND THIS COACH. It's pretty obvious Drew lost the team. He has no idea what to do to improve this ball club.

I mean, we used to be one of the best offensive teams in the league. One year later, we are one of the worst => It can't be blamed on the players.

In my opinion, something needs to be done this offseason. But don't you find it easy to put the blame on Joe ?

I do think he's not a superstar but come on name one player better than Joe who's willing to play for that city ... Have you watched the game yesterday ? Joe was the only one trying. He abused Wade in the post and was pretty agressive going to the basket. Think about it: why do you think Joe's trapped everytime he touches the ball ? Because everybody outside of this board respects him. If he hets doubled it's the other players responsability to ask for the ball. And guess what ? The only one who does that is Josh but he's no shooter and misses everytime.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think we watch the same games...

Haters just hate. Une chanson en français dit " Quand on est con, on est con " ...

We are going nowhere with this team AND THIS COACH. It's pretty obvious Drew lost the team. He has no idea what to do to improve this ball club.

I mean, we used to be one of the best offensive teams in the league. One year later, we are one of the worst => It can't be blamed on the players.

In my opinion, something needs to be done this offseason. But don't you find it easy to put the blame on Joe ?

I do think he's not a superstar but come on name one player better than Joe who's willing to play for that city ... Have you watched the game yesterday ? Joe was the only one trying. He abused Wade in the post and was pretty agressive going to the basket. Think about it: why do you think Joe's trapped everytime he touches the ball ? Because everybody outside of this board respects him. If he hets doubled it's the other players responsability to ask for the ball. And guess what ? The only one who does that is Josh but he's no shooter and misses everytime.

I agree. He actually played quite well in the first quarter yesterday and kept playing well until the game got out of hand. But it would be nice if JJ kept up that aggression in games when it was apparent that most of his teammates weren't doing the same. Instead, JJ seems to go into a shell when his teammates start falling into their bad habits.

Wade frankly did the same thing from ~2007 until this season. His aggressiveness would plummet and he'd turn into a jumpshooter when his teammates were playing lazily or terribly. It was one of the things that annoyed me most about him.

I agree. He actually played quite well in the first quarter yesterday and kept playing well until the game got out of hand. But it would be nice if JJ kept up that aggression in games when it was apparent that most of his teammates weren't doing the same. Instead, JJ seems to go into a shell when his teammates start falling into their bad habits.

Wade frankly did the same thing from ~2007 until this season. His aggressiveness would plummet and he'd turn into a jumpshooter when his teammates were playing lazily or terribly. It was one of the things that annoyed me most about him.

I agree too !

But this team is a strange thing... How is it possible that Joe had only 8 FGA while he was good ? And Al attempted only 5 shots or so the game before... And when somebody gets doubled, you should easily take advantage. Sometimes Joe is too slow to find teammates, but that wasn't the case yesterday. Our offense really sucks I guess...

Sund can't be considered the culprit if he's not actually the one in charge. This was made evident when his coaching choice was disregarded in favor of LD. The ownership had far more invested in Joe considering the war that they went through over him. It's doubtful that they would have just let him walk years later when they were still sitting in court fighting the decision to get him in the first place. Sund has nothing to do with that, he wasn't the GM that got Joe in the first place. It's because of the owners' pride that he's still here at that price.

Some how, that doesn't sound like the ASG we know.

If you can't trade JJ just sit him next season and start dropping games to get back in the lottery.

Unfortunately, that just might be the best thing that the Hawks could do to get out of this mess that they're currently in. Unless Dwight Howard desperately wants to come back to Atlanta and play, I see no hope for this team. Its most talented player, Josh Smith, is a delusional fool, and its highest paid player doesn't have the guts/intelligence/attitude/drive to do what it takes to win. I have completely given up on the Hawks. I've never seen a team that refuses to stick with what works. They'd rather lose doing what they want instead of winning by doing what they might not necessarily want to do.

Edited by Antmillennium

There is nothing wrong with Joe other than the fact that he gave the fans what they wanted and is still being blamed .

We took something that while it wasnt perfect was pretty damn efficient and worked with good success and instead of some tweaking we blew it up all in the name of getting two offensively challenged bigmen more shots on offense ....and this is the result.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with Joe other than the fact that he gave the fans what they wanted and is still being blamed .

We took something that while it wasnt perfect was pretty damn efficient and worked with good success and instead of some tweaking we blew it up all in the name of getting two offensively challenged bigmen more shots on offense ....and this is the result.

Huh? First of all it's crazy to pretend like Joe taking 2 fewer shots per game in favor of one of the most efficient scorers in the league is the reason for our struggles. Second, please tell me what was efficient about our last 4 playoff series. We might be the most inefficient "good" team of all time.

Statistically, this is Joe Johnson's worst season since he's been an Atlanta Hawk, and we just dumped 126 million on him. 126 million for 18.8 PPG. Just think about that for a second.

Get him out of here. I'm tired of this mute.

Edited by Boss