• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Celtics

CODHAWKSFAN

The lineup out there with is terrible. Zaza, Crawford, Teague, Marvin, and I think Al. Nobody can score out there.

I don't see this team breaking 75 points tonight.

Damn Jon Barry "the Hawk hater" predicts that Al goes for 20 and 20 tonight in a rebound performance from the last meeting when the Celtics handed us out butts.

Well JB sure wasn't too far off tonight. Al had perhaps the quietest 16 and 15 game I've ever seen tonight and if he'd have played more in the paint in the 1st half he probably would have gotten his 20-20 game.

+/- isn't the greatest stat in the world but tonight it was dead on. Josh was -12 and Zaza was +17 and swapping them out turned the entire game around.

• Like 1

Damn Jon Barry "the Hawk hater" predicts that Al goes for 20 and 20 tonight in a rebound performance from the last meeting when the Celtics handed us out butts.

He just says the truth about this team and knows more about it than any other anal-yst

Josh 0 - 3 tonight already and 0 - 16 on the season against the Celtics ... we really need him to score so that he'll defend and rebound.

Josh used to play well against the Celtics, but he gets more and more jumper crazy each game. Tonight was extra bad because not only was he taking too many jumpers, but none of them were even good looks. He was trying to be Kobe when he was ice cold. Credit to Drew for finally benching him. Maybe this will be a wakeup call. That's never been said before, right?

Otherwise good effort by the team. It's nice to outwork the other team instead of just outshoot.

• Moderators

Could it be LD is slowly figuring out how to make adjustments in the second half? As we started our familiar slide toward the abyss, he sat Smoove down and rewarded Zaza with extended minutes and it paid off.

Joe getting to the line was a great equalizer for his cold shooting, too.

Without generating beaucoup turnovers, the Hawks are the kind of team where however well the other team is doing, when they miss shots, we absolutely must rebound and we have to make them pay on the other end. At the very least, we rebounded like mad on the defensive end and when Boston's little shooting display dissipated we were primed to take advantage.

~lw3

Something just get's into Zaza's system when he sees that green uniform.....I don't know what to make of it?? Al also plays like his hair is on fire against them more times than not also. Tired..smired; I don't give a you know what. So glad to see those folks in green leave with a bit of distaste. Me >>>>>>>>> :sarcastichand:

• Premium Member

Do you remember the scene in Waterboy when the coach tells Sandler's dude to imagine the opposing team as someone that has been horrible to him? We need to convince Zaza he plays the Celtics every game of his life even in practice. It is games like tonight that remind you how great of a backup big man Zaza can be when he's unleashed and up for it.

ZP always seems to have good games against the celts, while JS has been stymied by them this season. Jamal hit some tough and clutch shots. The reason barry predicted 20 and 20 for Al is because quite frankly that what was expected from a centerless boston team.

Who else was at this game? Me and a few friends got in a few verbal wars with the Boston idiots in the crowd. The guys we sat in front of were heckling the entire game. Needless to say the s*** talking escalated when the game ended and the idiots didn't want any part of us outside the arena. I swear the Boston fanatics have the the most irritating fanbase alive. We were THAT close to exchanging fists.

Edited by Boss
  • Like 1