• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 3: Orlando @ Atlanta (4/22/11)

Hawked

It's funny seeing how media changes their mind all of the time. Look what they're saying now:

3. Fact or Fiction: The Hawks-Magic series is still Orlando's to lose.

Eddy Rivera, Magic Basketball: Fact. Had head coach Larry Drew not made a serious tactical error by sitting Al Horford for most of the first half in Game 2, the Atlanta Hawks probably would be enjoying a 2-0 lead and the series would be theirs to lose. But as it is, all the Magic need to do is win once in Atlanta to retake home-court advantage and that's very doable.

Caleb Hellerman, KnickerBlogger: Fact. The Magic won't be bothered by playing on the road, and they have by far the best player in the series. Orlando's troubles say more about its fall from title contender status than they do about the Hawks.

Brendan Jackson, Celtics Hub: Fact. It's every higher seed's series to lose. Having home court in the playoffs is a huge advantage. So is having the best player and the better defense. The Magic should win this series. If they don't, expect wholesale changes.

Brian Cronin, KnickerBlogger: Fiction. I think that the Magic are the better team and will likely win the series, so if "theirs to lose" just means that they are still slight favorites, then I would agree. But I think that phrase carries the connotation that the Magic are in the driver's seat (such as Oklahoma City is with Denver) and that's definitely not the case here.

Phillip Barnett, Forum Blue & Gold: Fact. Dwight Howard hasn't just been the best player in this series, he's arguably been the best player in the whole postseason thus far. Atlanta has no answer for him, and I doubt Orlando continues to shoot less than 30 percent from behind the arc.

Link.

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

It's funny seeing how media changes their mind all of the time. Look what they're saying now:

Link.

Well we've heard from the Magic, Knicks, Celtics, and whoever that other guy is and its unanimous: The Magic are the better team. I"m glad i already hated all those teams or I'd be offended. The Magic do have the best player on the court. Too bad we have the next 4 best players on the court.

I don't care who you are or how long you've been in pro basketball, being a head coach is difficult. Making all the right moves in your first playoff series isn't possible. So far LD is doing good and its a stretch to say that Horford playing in the second quarter would have resulted in a win. I expect our guys to be sharp tonight.

Zaza flopped on our own guy and it's a foul on Orlando...wtf? I wish we had centers that stood their ground and actually defend instead of flop. It's embarassing.

Zaza flops once, after playing tough basketball all series and you are embarrassed because of it...? ok

Zaza flopped on our own guy and it's a foul on Orlando...wtf? I wish we had centers that stood their ground and actually defend instead of flop. It's embarassing.

You're right, that was a bad call. Only takes about 20 more of those calls to even things out for the series.

EDIT: Thought you were an Orlando fan. No Hawks fan could honestly make that comment

Edited by ryandauwalker

Great win! Hope Zaza isn't put out for the next game. What was up with Twin? I didn't catch the whole game and only heard a little about a sore back?

Dwight bull rushed through him and Twin landed very hard on his tailbone and didn't come back in after that.