• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the league suspend J-Rich?

99PROBL3MS

• Premium Member

Will the league suspend J-Rich for instigating that altercation with Zaza? He wasn't even involved in the initial play. He flat out hit him in the face.

If they do, you can bet your butt Zaza will be suspended too.

• Premium Member

J-Rich had no business being in the picture. I hope Stu sees Howard's tech on Zaza and J-Rich's bs as the cause of the altercation and let Z walk.

I couldn't tell who made first contact there. Didn't Richardson walk up and stick a finger in Zaza's chest or something, and that's what kicked the whole thing off? I don't know what the punishment and/or fines will be, but think that no matter what, they should not be equal. Richardson wasn't even involved in that play. He had nothing to do with it, but then he instigated things by walking up to Zaza and making himself a part of the issue like that, so that's all on him. The refs had blown the whistle, the play was dead, and the fight never would have happened had Richardson done what every player is supposed to do and act professionally and not instigate things.

The one good thing that came out of it was that it ensured the refs were going to review the tape and catch the Howard elbow. Maybe that will put a little nuggget in their minds that maybe, just maybe they ought to be keeping an eye on those very powerful elbows after the play. It would hurt like hell to take a shot like that from someone as powerful as Dwight, that's just straight-up dirty play on Dwight's part in my opinion. If it's within the context of an ongoing play, that's one thing. But the cheap shots and muggings after the play is over have got to stop.

• Premium Member

just watching sportscenter now and jalen rose's assessment is:

zaza gets 2 games

j rich gets 1 game

dwight's tech gets rescinded.

wtf??? what is he seeing ?

He thought Z fouled Howard. Once he sees that Z barley touched Howard but caught a hand and elbow from Howard to incite everything he'll change gears.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

just watching sportscenter now and jalen rose's assessment is:

zaza gets 2 games

j rich gets 1 game

dwight's tech gets rescinded.

wtf??? what is he seeing ?

Jalen Rose's opinion is about as important as mine...or my cat's.

What do you think Fluffy?

Fluffy said "Meow".

• Like 1

Zaza gets elbowed, slapped in the face and it seems that the mob (NBA, media...) wants the piece of him too!

1. Dwight should get one game! He instigated the incident by throwing the first punch.

2. J-Rich had no business stepping in! In the end he slapped Zaza and he should get at least one game.

3. Zaza played hard, made a strong (not dirty) foul. He got elbowed, slapped, while getting into J-Phuck's face... I don't think Zaza made a head-butt contact... However, NBA and it's media are already basically campaigning for 1 or 2 game ban!

P.S. We witnessed Magic losing their cool! Frustration is obvious!

Yes. I see the frustration setting in. Keep it going hawks. If they suspend Zaza I will not be shocked with the decision. Stern wants d12 to win and boost ratings

Zaza's head was bobbing like it was a night at the Roxbury. I think they're going to look closely to see if Zaza's head actually made significant contact with J-Rich's head or if it was more of a slight brush. One thing is for sure, J-Rich wasn't involved and came over to exacerbate the situation. I guess he didn't see Zaza get the elbow and that's why Zaza was just flailing his arms in frustration. And J-Rich definitely hit Zaza so it will probably be a one game suspension for both guys although Zaza really didn't do anything but stand his ground and talk a little smack.

If you look at Zaza after they pulled Richardson away from him you will see that when Zaza yells he bobs his head to stress the words. He was 5 feet away and when he yelled his head goes forward every time. I don't think he was trying to head butt him from 5 feet away. The way I see it Richardson got up in his personal space and got too close to the huge bobbing head of Zaza. The league probably wont see it like that though. They will probably suspend both of them, but there is no way it should be the same punishment. They really should take notice of how Dwight throws elbows and do something about it.

As much as Stern hates the Hawks Zaza may get suspended an extra game

But seriously though it's definitely an advantage in our favor if we can trade Zaza for J-Rich. Not because Zaza hasn't been a big time help, he has, but we're probably not going to stop Dwight Howard two games in a row anyway. And the players around him are due for a big game. Why not take out the guy who could be the biggest threat to go off around Howard? With Josh Smith containing Hedo and Hinrich on Nelson, I'll take my chances against JJ Redick and Quentin Richardson

• Admin

As much as Stern hates the Hawks Zaza may get suspended an extra game

But seriously though it's definitely an advantage in our favor if we can trade Zaza for J-Rich. Not because Zaza hasn't been a big time help, he has, but we're probably not going to stop Dwight Howard two games in a row anyway. And the players around him are due for a big game. Why not take out the guy who could be the biggest threat to go off around Howard? With Josh Smith containing Hedo and Hinrich on Nelson, I'll take my chances against JJ Redick and Quentin Richardson

Talent wise JRich is much greater then Zaza but in this series Zaza is more important to us then JRich is to them.

They will replace JRich with QRich or Areanas...both with the potential of going off. We have to guard Howard with Armstrong, Thomas and Powell now when Collins (who doesn't do anything else including rebounding) goes out. That hurts us a lot.