• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My theory on why we lost tonight

niremetal

• Premium Member

Smoove as our leading scorer is a bad sign.

The Magic shut JJ down - it's still the key to beating us. Other than Crawford, we don't have a reliable scorer.

Crawford was off.

Marvin has been GARBAGE

More pick n pop. Horf/hinrich with JJ off the ball

Anticipate the trap, move the ball quicker

Less Marvin

Other than D12, anyone else attacking the lane needs a broken arm.

Limit 2nd chances -DEAR GOD limit 2nd chances

Perimeter D is fine. Orlando was on. Just tighten it up.

-edit for we-todd-ed iPhone

I joked earlier about it being Marvin's fault.

But I thnk LD should have gained enough good usable information about Orlando's gameplan to help us t the win in game 6.

Orlando was on.

The refs were fair but they did swing a lot of calls Orlando's way. Especially when we were in the act of shooting.

Josh, stop shooting 3s in practice and work on your free throws.

Joe... Do something... Especially on defense.

Our rotations have to get better.

Hinrich has to lead. He's the only one out there with good fundamentals.

Anyone have thoughts on using a neti pot?

If this is truly off topic, I say use it. It works.

• Premium Member

The defense was atrocious and the offense wasn't much better.

Hirich has to work on where he's placing the ball. Some of those passes were downright awful. I've been critical of Al's heartless play but I will give him a slight pass since his PG is not being very helpful. Kirk's toughness and fundamentals are cool but what's the point if he's not making Al and Josh better?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I joked earlier about it being Marvin's fault.

But I thnk LD should have gained enough good usable information about Orlando's gameplan to help us t the win in game 6.

Orlando was on.

The refs were fair but they did swing a lot of calls Orlando's way. Especially when we were in the act of shooting.

Josh, stop shooting 3s in practice and work on your free throws.

Joe... Do something... Especially on defense.

Our rotations have to get better.

Hinrich has to lead. He's the only one out there with good fundamentals.

If this is truly off topic, I say use it. It works.

They're not giving Joe anything. They have a glove coming at him every time he handles the ball. With Dwight, it's going to be tough to get that floater up - so it's even all the more critical that when he DOES, it has to go down. JJ's 3pt percentage has been craptacular this year. It is imperative that he hit those wide open shots. I'm not going to count on Orlando staying cold (though it would be nice). We need an answer and our guards can certainly do it.

We can afford to give Smoove anything on the perimeter. I don't know what we can say to him or what we need to do with our offense, but they've got to get him closer to the basket. We need him on the glass and we need him posting up Turk. There's nothing he can do with Josh on the block. NOTHING.

I know that was a joke about Marvin, but he is giving us nothing on the offensive end. Defensively, I'll give him some credit...but it's a team thing on the other end. There's some plays where I'm just shaking my head. Guys getting uncontested layups - we can't afford that when Orlando is shutting the lane down. 2nd chance points...and I saw JRich pull a rebound over Twin (with position).

We keep trying to run the offense through JJ and we're in trouble. It's clear they will not allow him to beat them like that. We've got to adjust.

Edited by Wretch

• Moderators

Use this:

http://www.neilmed.c.../sinusrinse.php

I use it when my allergies and sinus are out to keep me from breathing. It really does help.

I used that and its definitely good. Often I also just put warm, salt water in my hand and snort it up there. Its effectively the same thing although a little more rustic.

Hawks must win game 6. You know its at this point where you realize there aren't any tricks or changes to do. More effort and hope you hit your shots and they don't.

After finally watching the second half this morning after passing out at halftime last night I must say our biggest problem was that we didnt match the Magics energy.

I also thought that LD shouldve did something a little bit different in spots like play Teague and Damien early off the bench . SVG made all these adjustments thinking we werent gonna do anything different well last night is when you toss your wrinkle into the equation and you tell both along with Zaza no layups. IMO it wouldve been enough to throw them completely off in the first half when they made there run.

I also think that at this point we need to look at the assistant coaches because its obvious there is no tell it like it is guy on the bench alongside LD and I dont see anyone doing that

• Premium Member

I also think that at this point we need to look at the assistant coaches because its obvious there is no tell it like it is guy on the bench alongside LD and I dont see anyone doing that

Hire Woody. I bet Woody would have no problem telling LD how much he sucks as a head coach. Make it happen Sund!

1- Turnovers

2- 3 point defense & offense.

3- Turnovers

4- No rebounds

5- Turnovers

6- Their steals VS our steals

7- Turnovers

8- Missed free throws

9- Howard hitting free throws - Josh missing free throws.

Hey, all this and all those turnovers. It all adds up.

:newrussian:

• Like 2