• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin is the key to beating the Bulls....

Diesel

• Premium Member

In this series...

I believe we have a wash 4 &5. I think we are a disadvantage at the 1 but we have a slight advantage at the 2.

Can Marvin hold down the 3?

People here for years have talked about how Marvin was a good defensive player. This is his time to prove it. Marvin has to stop Deng and Korver from going off on us. I don't want this outsourced to Joe or Josh. I like their matchups.

Joe will have a tough game with Bogans and Brewer, but this is why Joe gets paid the big bucks. He has to make minced meat out ofthe Bulls best defenders. The Bulls will not double Joe either.

Crawford should be given the directive to drive the lane. We have to put Noah in foul trouble (even though Al Owns Noah).

But again, it comes back to Marvin. He has to play good defense.

And Josh cannot shoot ill advised shots.

I tell you this, I checked my coffee 3 times looking at the thread title...

Well Smitty said that Marvin would be key to our game 6 victory and that turned out to be true so I don't see how the same can't be true for this series. Marvin will be needed defensively on their wings and even on help situations where we will need big blocks/contests but his biggest impact should also be helping on the boards against their frontline. Joe will be greatly occupied with handling Rose at times and beating his defensive matchups so whatever offense Marv can muster will be gravy and greatly appreciated.

• Premium Member

We are f***ed if Marvin is the key...

Didn't Marvin come up with the big block on D. Rose to seal the only win this season against the Bulls? I think Marvin will do very well in this searies.

Edited by Peoriabird

The key for Marvin is to simply make open shots, if he can do that, there's no way he doesn't average atleast double figures this series. And if a guy like Marvin is getting going that opens up the court for our guys Joseph and Jamal to get into the paint a little easier an hopefully draw some needed fouls. But I think we win the series based on our defensive efforts, that's where Marvin really comes into play, he needs to guard Deng and keep him from scoring more than 10 points.

• Premium Member

We NEED to involve Marvin in our offense and not just let him hang at the 3 point line.

The second half of that sentence applies to Josh as well.

There is not any one key this series. Josh has to step up the level of his on-ball defense and rebounding against Boozer. The Committee has to find out a way to keep Rose from averaging 30 and 10. Marvin has to slow Deng. Horford can't let Noah collect 12 garbage points per game in the paint. JJ can't fall asleep on Bogans around the 3-point line.

And, oh yeah, we need to find a way to score against Thibodeaux's defense. Jamal needs to maintain his offensive level from the Orlando series, and everyone else needs to step theirs up. The movement can't stagnate like it has for most of the past 5 months, or else we'll find ourselves turning the ball over frequently and taking a ton of contested jumpers at the shot clock buzzer.

Edited by niremetal

We are f***ed if Marvin is the key...

Like you're locked out of the house and you housemates are gone for the weekend. Our frontcourt of true NBA talents come to the rescue, busting the window out. What's more crazy is Diesel started this post. To expect even the simplest things from Marvin is a stretch. I just like to be pleasantly surprised if he can impact a quarter with a few jumpers here, a few defensive plays there. He does spark us in the sense that everyone else sees him play well, and they're like "Oh hell naw, Marvin is hooping? We all can shine tonight."

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think you guys waiting on Marvin's offense is wishful.

The way I see that is that Marvin gives us something, we happily take it... but we can not count on that.

Where he is the key is that he has to stop Korver and Deng. Those guys get on the perimeter and make life easier for Rose. Defensively, everybody else save Rose is easily accounted for. It's time for Marvin to step it up.