• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD Confronts Smoove

GameTime

Are you kidding me? You think Phil Jackson, Brown, Sloan or any of these guys had a player who repeatedly, on an every game basis, ignored what the coach told them to do and faced no repurcussions? Sure players defy coaches all the time but not for weeks, seasons, years. This is the number one reason coaches get fired. "The team had turned him", "the players no longer responded" blah blah blah.

Jerry Sloan just "retired" because Deron Williams wouldn't listen to him, Phil Jackson retired and wrote a book calling Kobe "uncoachable". The Detroit Pistons ran a mutiny on, let me get the order of this correct, Flip Saunders, Michael Curry and John Kuester. Do you see the trend here? It doesn't matter WTF a coach says if a player(s) doesn't want to listen because at the end of the day it's the coach whose *ss is out on the street and not the player because of blind excuse makers like you and economics. Josh is a Diva, a very well paid one at that that coaches continually have to do a tapdance with between getting him to do what they want and allowing him the freedom to do what he wants free of recourse because they know he'll go in the tank pouting if you push him too hard. If you haven't gotten to understand that dynamic about prosports then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

Here's the whole quote from LD..... “I thought he was trying to do too much. He admitted it, that that was the case. He didn’t feel good about how he was playing. I was going to take him out early in the third quarter. Something told me to leave him in there, kind of let him see if he could play through it, and he did exactly that. I thought for about a five-minute stretch, he got us back in the ballgame on his energy and his effort and just hustling. I think he came up with four blocked shots in that stretch, got out on a break and got a dunk, got a three-point play in that stretch. . . . He is a very unique player. He can impact the game on both ends of the floor. I know since I’ve been here, we haven’t had a player like him that can do that. He has to be flying around and blocking shots and running the floor and making passes. That’s when he’s at his best for us. We can’t have him just sitting out there and launching 3s, because that plays into the opposition’s hands. He realized that.” I give him some credit he did admit he's tryin to hard maybe that stretch where LD left him in the game as headbandless josh made him realise that's how he has to play from now on....I haven't been on this board long but Ive been a fan since I was 5 so something tells me at the end of this we should all just blame Marvin lol j/k couldnt help it.

thank you for posting the entire quote !! unlike someone else...

The fact that its even come to this is completely asinine. We shouldn't even be talking about this.

lol

Hey you there PF dont shoot those long threes and could you maybe grab a rebound because i dont know if they told you but its the second rd of the playoffs and we are playing the team with best record.

sometimes all you can do is grab a bottle and sit back and just shake your head

• Like 1

Let's take it easy on Josh. I truly believe that he is totally ignorant to the many flaws in his game, no matter how much it is publicized in the media or told to him in private by Hawks administration. We, as considerably intelligent individuals, simply cannot fathom what goes on in his head, nor should we try to, resulting in Brain Muscle Atrophy. Phil thought Radmonivic was a "space cadet". Josh is the Black Neil Armstrong. I find it a little therapueric to turn my head when he bends his knees to shoot while praying it won't result in points too fast on the other end.

He's our homegrown headcase who'll never learn. I repeat, NEVER. Just cherish his monster nights and hope LD grasps the best ways to discipline him while keeping us competitive on his catastrophic ones. Gotta love em.

Edited by benhillboy

I think confronting Josh at this point is too little too late. Josh stopped shooting 3's last year but this year I don't even know if you can call what Josh is doing reverting it is simply doing what he chooses to do. I don't get it, people were proclaiming him a smarter and nearly changed man last year when he stopped shooting 3's. I guess he does not care about being respected by the coaches, players, and GM.

• Moderators

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nba-wp2728

I didn't know which Smoove thread to put this in, but has anyone presented him with his NBA (Not-so-) Hot Spots chart? Until now, I've been too scared to look at it.

Here it go... from the appropriately-named Ball Don't Lie blog...

joshsmith.jpg

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

• Moderators

You needed to see that chart to know? Don't u watch the games?

As I said, it's not US that needs to see the chart... although I'm really scared to see it now.

I guess the good news is he can go to LD and say, "Look, Coach... no three-point shots tonight! Where's my cookies?"

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

As I said, it's not US that needs to see the chart... although I'm really scared to see it now.

I guess the good news is he can go to LD and say, "Look, Coach... no three-point shots tonight! Where's my cookies?"

~lw3

*Dead*