• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich

DrReality

• Premium Member

I don't think we'll see him for the rest of the playoffs. He said he actually heard his hamstring pop when he got hurt. That usually means a month out of action. I've torn the hamstring in each of my legs playing basketball and let me tell you those suckers are slooooow to heal and very easy to reinjure if you come back too soon.

• Premium Member

If Rondo had a jumpshot, he would be exponentially better. Just like if Andre Miller had a better outside shot he would have been much more effective his whole career. Driving is great, especially when you're good at it, but unless you're surrounded by shooters (Ray Allen, Pierce, Garnett) (Brandon Roy, Rudy Fernandez, LaMarcus Aldridge) it puts more pressure on you.

Shooters like Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Al Horford, and Kirk Hinrich? Jeff Teague breaking down the defense and getting high percentage shots (quite a few that looked absolutely impossible) is more than a fair trade-off for a suspect jumper.

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Hawks guard Kirk Hinrich says his ailing right hamstring is finally starting to show some improvement.

Hinrich was hurt in the closing minutes of a series-clinching win over Orlando. Second-year player Jeff Teague has filled in admirably, averaging 16 points a game against the Bulls with only five turnovers. He's a major reason the Eastern Conference semifinal is tied 2-2 heading into Game 5 at Chicago on Tuesday night.

Hinrich says he's only doing "very simple" exercises but feels his hamstring is getting better. When asked if he could possibly return in this series, he says, "I don't want to rule anything out."

But coach Larry Drew doesn't expect Hinrich to play against Chicago, even if the series goes to a seventh game Sunday.

• Premium Member

The most important thing that Hinrich would give us is flexibility at PG. Right now, our choice at PG is a slasher who can defend but can't shoot and a shooter who can drive but can't defend. Hinrich gives us a guy who can knock down perimeter shots and spread the floor while still providing a defensive presence on the other end (and he's better off the dribble than most people give him credit for). The biggest difference will actually be on offense, where we'll be able to make substitutions and adjustments based on how the other team is defending us. You can bet that teams will double off Teague when Teague is off the ball and clog the lane as soon as Teague gets the ball, and that'll happen more and more as they figure out how quick he is to the hole and poor he is shooting from the outside. Having Hinrich will give us someone who can space the floor and make teams pay for doubling using the PG. Conversely, putting Teague in the game will give us an option if teams are overplaying the ball, leaving them vulnerable to a driving PG.

It's like having both a speed back and a power back in football. Gives you more options depending on the other team's schemes and strengths/weaknesses. So regardless, I want Hinrich back sooner rather than later.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

Honestly neither guy is anything special. One is a horrible passer that refuses to drive and the other has limited floor vision and can't shoot. Now combine the 2 and you have 1 amazing SOB.

With that all bets are off if Teague gets a consistent jumper. The way I see it Teague can improve on his limitation but Kirk is what he is after so many years in. Best scenario would be to play both guys. I never understood why teams have to lock in on one particular type of player. Nothing wrong with switching things up.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Honestly neither guy is anything special. One is a horrible passer that refuses to drive and the other has limited floor vision and can't shoot. Now combine the 2 and you have 1 amazing SOB.

With that all bets are off if Teague gets a consistent jumper. The way I see it Teague can improve on his limitation but Kirk is what he is after so many years in. Best scenario would be to play both guys. I never understood why teams have to lock in on one particular type of player. Nothing wrong with switching things up.

This from an Acie Law fan??? :sarcastichand:

• Premium Member

This from an Acie Law fan??? :sarcastichand:

I've been trying to think of a reply for 30 mins. I give up. You got me.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague has been great but we do miss Hinrich in this series. When Teague got off to the hot start in game 3 to keep us close I knew we were in for a long night because Teague wouldn't play like that all night. Teague has gave us some good offense/intensity but I think our guys sometimes miss Hinrich's poise on the court. We are better when we run but sometimes we need to slow the game down and let it come to us. When we get down big and try and speed the game up it just gives a hot opponent more and more shots, and the deficit just grows each minute (see game 3).

And of course we miss Hinrich's defense too. Either way though, does anybody really think we would be leading the series 3-1 if we had Hinrich starting? I think it's pretty much a wash, it would just be nice to have both point guards so we could use each when needed.