• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this Hawks team as you know it is gone

gsuteke

We gotta find some valuable pieces for Joe, or at least get a legitimate first option that won't dissapear.

Someone has to be traded. The fact is there is no team that is going to take on Joe Johnson's contract. Well, no team in their right mind would do this anyway. So it boils down to Horford, Smith, Teague and Hinrich as trading pieces. I doubt they trade Horford so the most likely option is Josh and maybe Hinrich. I actually think Teague played himself into the team's future point guard in this series so at least there is that for good news. I don't think we should resign Jamal either. We could use that money on a center maybe.

Edited by Eddielives

Someone has to be traded. The fact is there is no team that is going to take on Joe Johnson's contract. Well, no team in their right mind would do this anyway. So it boils down to Horford, Smith, Teague and Hinrich as trading pieces. I doubt they trade Horford so the most likely option is Josh and maybe Hinrich. I actually think Teague played himself into the team's future point guard in this series so at least there is that for good news.

please AL should be made available as well, he did NOTHING this entire series !!!!

• Like 1

Without financial flexibilty, there is little we can do in Free Agency.

And without valuable (read: reasonable cost-to-production) trade pieces, there isn't much we can do to upgrade.

Kinda like a perfect storm of a crappy situation where you are a team desperately needing to get over the hump, but don't have either the finances or high valued trade pieces to get much better.

The Hawks need to get rid of Horford while his perceived value is high. Hopefully we can trick some team into taking him off our hands. Since Horford was voted on to the All-NBA third team and his perceived value around the league is high, we'll probably be able to demand a lot for him.

• Premium Member

Let's think about things objectively about this season in total including regular season and playoffs.

When we have our normal starters of:

Hinrich/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Josh

Al

We are undersized at center and have no production at all from SF thanks to Superbust Marv. When we do this:

Hinrich/Teague

JJ

Josh

Al

Collins

We have great size but get ZERO production at center on offense.

You can't win in the playoffs when teams can double team and run at guys and when the ball moves there is always at least one guy who will not either shoot the ball when he's open or won't attack the rim when he has a clear lane. You just can't win like this.

So whatever we do in terms of trades we have to either:

Stay undersized with Al and Josh but massively upgrade at SF

or

Go big but this means almost certainly trading Josh or Al for a true center and letting the other guy left start at PF and we still have a question mark at SF because of Superbust Marv

If they decide to start Teague at point, move Kirk to SF and move Joe to SF then we absolutely have to trade Al or Josh for a true center.

This team has to be blown up. They actually gave it their best effort and won two games in the second round. But that's the ceiling, not a glass one but a hard one for this franchise. It is time for Gearon to allow Sund to blow this franchise up.

The Hawks need to get rid of Horford while his perceived value is high. Hopefully we can trick some team into taking him off our hands. Since Horford was voted on to the All-NBA third team and his perceived value around the league is high, we'll probably be able to demand a lot for him.

a few weeks ago i would have thought you were crazy for that. These playoffs have proved me wrong and I would gladly let Horford go while his value is as high as it is.

Definitely either josh or horf needs to go, whoever can get us a better interior presence. Marv has to go for whoever will take him. His attitude as much as his play just needs to go.

Josh Smith needs to go, and we need a legit center to replace him. That will solve alot of oour problems. He is an immature head case always playing out of position and thorwin up long jumpers when he sucks at them and shoot be under the rim to try and get rebounds. I'm done with him we need to get a good center for him while we still can.

• Like 1

Honestly, I doubt anything major will happen if they can't win a deal. They are too cap-tied to just blow it up for the hell of it. Realistically, they played better than what was expected and Chicago was the better team. I don't see them blowing it up if they miss on the CP3 deal. Nash and D12 is really unlikely and the centers who are worth anything aren't on the market for what we will offer. This team overall did better than what I truly rated them in Mar. They need a talent infusion the players know it too. We will see what will happen in the off-season.

Josh Smith needs to go, and we need a legit center to replace him. That will solve alot of oour problems. He is an immature head case always playing out of position and thorwin up long jumpers when he sucks at them and shoot be under the rim to try and get rebounds. I'm done with him we need to get a good center for him while we still can.

First things first, Horford must go. At least Josh Smith plays with heart. I'm not opposed to listening to an offer for Josh, but Horf must go before Josh does.

I find the Josh and Al debate quite funny......At this point I could care less who goes as long as it gets us what we need to get over the hump.

I am never dissappointed in Marvin because I no longer have any expectations from him.

So how do you reload?

This team isn't a threat to win an NbA title. These guys are a perimeter oriented club that won't stand up against elite teams. How do u fix it?

Teke - see my new post. What indications has ownership given you that they'll do anything at all? If anything, this Chicago series will serve to reignite their delusions-

It was painfully obvious the Hawks don't have an inside game, been that way since BK took over years ago. The Hawks just don't play as a team and there are to many me players. The sad part is not only do the Hawks sign J Johnson, draft Marvin they resigned both of them. Smoove ois only 25 but like someone posted a year ago most players are as good as they will get after a certain age. The Hawks lack basketball IQ and they just don't play for the intelligent. Sometimes they'll fool you and win 1 or 2 games but the bottom line is the results are always the same lose in the playoffs.

If I hear another excuse from the ASG for the Hawks I'm done with the team until they get new owners. I think the Hawks are just a tax write off and as long as the Hawks can qualify for the playoffs the ASG feels it did its job and profit enough to be satisfied. I think Drew needs to be fired also. He's better than Woody but that's not saying much. The Falcon's proved get a good GM and coach the rest will take care of itself. Either Sund is just another puppet or he is bad at making personel decisions. Some guys just luck out and keep getting jobs and Sund might fall into that category. I hope not but we really need to see a shakeup. This team as been together far to long to think they will ever improve.

Edited by thescout5