• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bad News: Sund is back

TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Well things are not starting out good for us this summer. Rick Sund will reportedly return next year. I guess that means Al is still a C and we should look forward to getting another blockbuster deal around the trade deadline were we totally shaft the other team.

http://www.wsbtv.com...709/detail.html

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

This was expected. We really have limited options. I know the blind will say sign or trade for X and X. But in reality. The CP3 potential trade is the ONLY deal that will probably rate for potential deals. The rest is crap. Like Josh Smith for Kaman type crap. Al Horford is our best piece but we aren't trading him for OBVIOUS reasons. Josh Smith is our most talented piece but Teague has more value to some teams who are willing to trade with us favorably. Smith isn't a player who we will get equal value. I don't know if me and Sekou have the same sources but I am hearing the same on Smith. Teams like him but don't want to trade much for him. Only a few teams need PG's much less developmental ones like Jeff. Jeff is best on a rebuilding team so he does have a lot of value to those teams. His talent value is very high and teams rate him high around the league and this info is before the playoffs. I haven't spoken to anyone about Jeff since. Like it or not Hawks fans but with this CBA or the new one, neither will favor us. We have too much vested in players who other teams just don't rate as highly. The only players who teams rate equally to us is Teague and Al. The rest has lower value than what we rate them, some like Marvin and Joe, far lower.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Giving away 2 1st rd picks and picking up more salary counts as messing something up to me. Resigning Marvin to a longterm contract worth almost $8 million per constitutes messing something up to me. Severly overpaying Joe counts as messing something up to me. Never getting a C counts as messing things up to me

• Like 2

The Hinrich deal was a must. At the time, we had no clue about Teague, and there's no way we beat Orlando with Bibby. I agree we gave up too much for Hinrich, but we had no choice if we were going to have the run we did....

• Like 1

Also when a team is getting sold, it is best to have atleast something there, so when the new owner comes in then he will make his decision about it.

Until John Moores comes out with his policies and goals, he can do almost anything, he might replace Sund after he becomes owner.

And we cant bring Sund about some of the moves he did, that was the owners forced him to make that deal and also its was the owners idea as well to spend that money for JJ.

Plus we didn't have Hinrich for the 2nd round which IMO was HUGE. We could of definitely used his outside shooting and PG skills in running the offense in some of those close games specifically Game 5 when we simply choked in the 4th qtr at Chicago when we got yet again stagnant on offense. Hinrich could of been the difference in beating the Bulls. I do admit we gave up WAY too much for Hinrich in hindsight.

Now I have to wake up every morning to this? smh

Unless you're his wife I doubt it :taunt:

Sund may not be the best GM in the league but he's drafted quality players while with the Hawks and seems to have made a good decision coaching wise and we really have on idea how tied his hands might be financially but I'd bet that he's not allowed to do nearly as much as he'd like to.

• Admin

Unless you're his wife I doubt it :taunt:

Sund may not be the best GM in the league but he's drafted quality players while with the Hawks and seems to have made a good decision coaching wise and we really have on idea how tied his hands might be financially but I'd bet that he's not allowed to do nearly as much as he'd like to.

I agree...I don't see this as a bad thing

Let's hope that both of the Hawks and/or Thrashers sale is done soon. Sund might not come back but I think ASG did this if they werent going to get a buyer for the team. I know that I been reading AJC and boy , they want him gone.

This is just picking up the option year for a GM that's probably the lowest paid in the league??

And he has good history in the league, which means if a team wants to move a player they will give him a call. Sund can't make fantasy trades happen despite what most here think. I did not care for the Hinrich deal because of the two first but would have been all in if we could have gotten him for one.

Problem is, that is my fantasy deal, the real deal is the Wiz would have kept him and moved his next years expiring to another team. Can't say what Hinrich will do for us next season but his expiring will be worth something even if Teague takes over and he becomes our 6th man ( Jamal ).

Sund is conservative at times IMO but he is also solid and he can only make moves that our financially strapped ownership will approve. Its a good move IMO.

• Like 1

Sund is just a puppet for the ASG. This isn't bad news in itself, its just more of the same bad news since the ASG is still around.

Until the deal is done and Hawks change ownership then Sund maybe back but he will gone. They just went ahead and did it if the deal didnt go through.

• Premium Member

And he has good history in the league, which means if a team wants to move a player they will give him a call. Sund can't make fantasy trades happen despite what most here think. I did not care for the Hinrich deal because of the two first but would have been all in if we could have gotten him for one.

Problem is, that is my fantasy deal, the real deal is the Wiz would have kept him and moved his next years expiring to another team. Can't say what Hinrich will do for us next season but his expiring will be worth something even if Teague takes over and he becomes our 6th man ( Jamal ).

Sund is conservative at times IMO but he is also solid and he can only make moves that our financially strapped ownership will approve. Its a good move IMO.

In all actuality. Teams like the Lakers and Kings are looking at Hinrich. Those teams need an experienced defensive PG to run their offenses. I am especially thinking Hinrich for Dalembert in a SNT.

• Premium Member

The more meaningful thing to me about this news is that it is, indeed, for one year. If it had been a new hire or if if had been an extension for multiple years, I think that would give a lot of reason to wonder if ASG is actually on the cusp of selling the Hawks... but since it is as it is, there's just that much more confirmation that things are headed to a conclusion.