• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

With the second pick of the second round, i select Stephen Curry. LOL at IHEARTATLANTA taking my pick and my backup pick. Oh well, i need a point guard, and Steph has the potential to be an absolute beast because his shot >>> every other PG in the league almost.

With the 3rd pick in the 2nd round, I select a 23 year old true C who has played in every game in the 3 years he has been in the league. He has averaged 17.4 pts, 7.6 rebs, and 1.7 blocks per game. It is rare to find a guy this young, this durable, and with this much upside at the 20th pick in any draft. There are very few true 7 ft Centers in the NBA, he is one.

With the 20th pick in the drat I select Brook Lopez.

With the 3rd pick in the 2nd round, I select a 23 year old true C who has played in every game in the 3 years he has been in the league. He has averaged 17.4 pts, 7.6 rebs, and 1.7 blocks per game. It is rare to find a guy this young, this durable, and with this much upside at the 20th pick in any draft. There are very few true 7 ft Centers in the NBA, he is one.

With the 20th pick in the drat I select Brook Lopez.

Intriguing pick. I don't mean to clutter this thread commenting on the pick (don't know if i'm not supposed to), but I was contemplating him, just couldn't get past the fact that he only had 9 double-digit rebounding games last year. Ahhhhhh

Intriguing pick. I don't mean to clutter this thread commenting on the pick (don't know if i'm not supposed to), but I was contemplating him, just couldn't get past the fact that he only had 9 double-digit rebounding games last year. Ahhhhhh

Definitely a flawed player, but the durability and age put him over the top for me.

1. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Duran4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Carmelo Anthony16. Colin - A'mare Stoudemire17. IHeartAtlanta- Monta EllisRound 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro0922. coachx23. ngc724. thatsmydawg25. 01d0rd3r26. seano27. nicholasp2728. supporter29. ahf30. whassuphawks31. capstone2132. sultanofatl33. diesel34 jy21Just a little update as to where we're at right now, just to help me keep it straight inside me own head. Alejandro is up next, and congrats to you Alejandro by the way on the birth of your child. My fiance and I are expecting our first around Nov. 15th, very exciting stuff. Good draft so far everyone. This is fun, and at 17 teams it's a big enough league as to where you're not going to get a bunch of all-star teams thrown together, so that makes it more challenging and fun. You have to try and build a team that is more reflective of the reality of constructing a team in real life, where you might have one big star and several more minor stars around him, and then you build around those guys, so having depth and suitable role players are key.

• Moderators

We definitely fell off a cliff in terms of impact talent, IMO, when we hit those last picks in the first round - Carmelo and Amare were a significant step down but still well ahead of Monta through Lopez is a huge step down from guys like Dirk, Wade, etc.

I know it's the 2nd round already, but I'd love to sneak in a pick if at all possible... I'm aware that I'd have no true star, but I can build a team with all the talent that is still out there.

With the 21st pick in this draft I select Jrue Holiday.

When starting a team I ideally would want to start off by picking an already established superstar/star (Dirk 14th pick), and then select a young talented stud to eventually take the mantle. He might be a reach talent wise for the 21st pick but he fits my classification of a PG in this league (an athletic, fast guard who can score but who PRIMARILY looks to get teammates involved) & after how I saw him produce this year: 14ppg 45%FG 6ast 1.5stl 2turns. Then seeing how he maintained his avg. against the Heat there was no way I was going to select UNDRAFTED and leave Holiday on the board until late round 3.

• Admin

With the second pick of the second round, i select Stephen Curry. LOL at IHEARTATLANTA taking my pick and my backup pick. Oh well, i need a point guard, and Steph has the potential to be an absolute beast because his shot >>> every other PG in the league almost.

I am surprised it took so long for him to get selected. I probably would have taken him ahead of a number of players off the board. Great steal

Kevin Love / pick #22

There were alot of good PFs left but I can't turn down a 22 year old who is coming off a 20 ppg / 15 rpg season. Kevin Love has done nothing but prove people wrong since the day he stepped foot in the NBA. He was seen as a player with a low ceiling and not much room to grow. Now he is 3 years into his career and coming off an allstar season. He is in a class all his own in terms of rebounding with 15.2 rpg to lead the NBA. He is a rebounding machine who lead the NBA in offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, total rebounds, and rebounds per 48 mintues. He also averaged 20.2 ppg to lead his team in scoring. At 6'10'' 260 lbs Love shot over 41% from 3 point range. At only 22 years of age Love will continue to mature and get stronger to become and even better rebounder then he is today. Now that is a scary thought.

Love seems a perfect compliment to grow with Westbrook. Love's wide body and deadly shot makes him an ideal pick and roll/pop partner for Westbrook. Love proven ability to consistently hit the 3 point shot (41% last year) will open up the paint for Westbrook to drive in the paint. Love's elite rebounding ablity and court vision for outlet passes is also an ideal fit tp ignite the fast break for the speedy and athletic Westbrook.

20 / 15 for the next 12 years sounds good to me ! ....................and that is if he is has totally plateaued at 22 years of age.

Edited by coachx

Kevin Love / pick #22

There were alot of good PFs left but I can't turn down a 22 year old who is coming off a 20 ppg / 15 rpg season. Kevin Love has done nothing but prove people wrong since the day he stepped foot in the NBA. He was seen as a player with a low ceiling and not much room to grow. Now he is 3 years into his career and coming off an allstar season. He is in a class all his own in terms of rebounding with 15.2 rpg to lead the NBA. He is a rebounding machine who lead the NBA in offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, total rebounds, and rebounds per 48 mintues. He also averaged 20.2 ppg to lead his team in scoring. At 6'10'' 260 lbs Love shot over 41% from 3 point range. At only 22 years of age Love will continue to mature and get stronger to become and even better rebounder then he is today. Now that is a scary thought.

Love seems a perfect compliment to grow with Westbrook. Love's wide body and deadly shot makes him an ideal pick and roll/pop partner for Westbrook. Love proven ability to consistently hit the 3 point shot (41% last year) will open up the paint for Westbrook to drive in the paint. Love's elite rebounding ablity and court vision for outlet passes is also an ideal fit tp ignite the fast break for the speedy and athletic Westbrook.

20 / 15 for the next 12 years sounds good to me ! ....................and that is if he is has totally plateaued at 22 years of age.

That sir, is the biggest steal in this draft so far.

4. Each team gets 13 players and 1 coach, no restrictions on positions...draft 13 centers if you want; only 1 coach

What is the process of getting a coach, can you draft him with any of your picks? Can you pull a coach out of the college ranks? What if the coach is recently retired but may come back to the game I:E: Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Don Nelson?

I know it's the 2nd round already, but I'd love to sneak in a pick if at all possible... I'm aware that I'd have no true star, but I can build a team with all the talent that is still out there.

sorry, i already posted draft was closed; someone that is playing should pm Devon to co-own with him; co-owning can be a lot of fun bc it gives you someone to talk to about your team and discuss picks and strategy; also helps if you are away and it's your turn, they can make the pick

• Moderators

Round 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro09 - Jrue Holiday22. coachx - Kevin Love23. ngc724. thatsmydawg25. 01d0rd3r26. seano27. nicholasp2728. supporter29. ahf30. whassuphawks31. capstone2132. sultanofatl33. diesel34 jy21