• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Joe Johnson ran the Thrashers out of town

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Didn't see this posted.

Bradley: How Joe Johnson (unwittingly) ran the Thrashers out of town

I think Gilbert is still the leader. Still get ready to hear a ton of Joe Johnson talk this summer during CBA talks. Owners will try to put rules in place that will prevent other idiot owners from signing mediocre talent to lucrative contracts.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Bradley is truly one of the worst writers I've ever seen at a newspaper. Some of us bloggers can write better and more well thought out articles than him.

LOL @ blaming JJ, and not the city coming out to watch the Thrashers, for its demise in ATL.

People act like JJ is making 25 million a year already. Fact is, he hasn't made over 18 mill a year in his 6 years in Atlanta. This year will be the 1st year he cracks 18 mill.

Incompetent management and ownership is to blame for both the Hawks and Thrashers not achieving the desired goals that the fans seek.

The JJ deal actually saved the Hawks. I guess Bradley and the rest of the peole forget that we were a complete laughingstock before JJ came here.

People may have grown tired of JJ after 6 years, but Bradley is a DAMN FOOL if he believes that JJ ( directly or indirectly ) caused the Thrashers to be out of Atlanta.

Incompetent ownership/management + a dispassionate hockey fan base in ATL is the reason why there is no hockey in ATL.

And had the same ownership/management group made the correct pick in the 2005 nba draft, we may be talking about the Hawks only piece to compete for a title,

• Premium Member

Bradley is proof that the newspaper business is dead. Just plain lazy and predictable.

Edited by Not5Not6Not7