• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have offered Smith to the Wolves for the #2 to draft Kanter

Admin

• Premium Member
I was thinking July 1 is the day but I could be wrong on that.

Yep.

ESPN Trade thingee has their cap space at around $3.8M. Sham has them around that same number.

Josh can waive all or some of his trade kicker, if he so desires.

Edited by mrhonline

Why not just take Derrick Williams, and get Darko in the trade?

Williams makes no sense for the T-wolves.

You forget Beasley was far superior to Williams in college.

Beasley averaged 26.2 ppg / 12.6 rpg in college.

Williams averaged 19.5 ppg / 8.2 rpg in college.

Both guys have the same weakness in the NBA. They are too small / short to defend PFs and too bulky and lack lateral quickness to defend most SFs.

Love needs a good defender plaing SF next him. Neither Beasley or Williams are that guy.

This is why it makes so much sense for the T-Wolves to trade the #2 pick. Williams duplicates what they already have in Beasley and their GM would look like an idiot drafting another PG after he just signed Rubio and drafted 4 PGs in the 1st round 2 seasons ago.

The T-Wolves will wait until they are on the clock in hopes that the Lakers cave in and offer Gasol or Bynum for the #2 pick........the the Lakers do not then I think the deal will happen.

Yep.

ESPN Trade thingee has their cap space at around $3.8M. It's usually fairly accurate.

Josh can waive all or some of his trade kicker, if he so desires.

They can waive their rights / cap holds on Gaines, West, and Ager to open up another million to push their cap space up to $4.8 mill if they so desire too.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

CNNSI reporting Josh Smith to the T-Wolves for #2 pick (Kanter) and Beasley. Beasely included to make the $$$ match up.......according to AJC blog.

If this is true...wow. If Kanter develops like he should and Beasley continues to score anything like he did in Minn we could be a truly deadly team in the playoffs.

lol i was trying to +1 you hate when that s*** happens no turning back

Oh okay I was like man wtf? Not saying I don't deserve a -1 for some stuff I post but I was wondering about this one. Coach has my back though! :newrussian:

Wasn't Indiana willing to trade Hibbert and the 14th for the #2? Wouldn't that make alot more sense if we flipped the #2 for them?

Not sure that was a legit rumor as Larry Bird denied it saying there wasn't anyone in this draft worth trading Hibbert for but yeah if that were available I'd take it in a heartbeat.

This might be the best draft ever!!!!!!!!!

for rumors :Talking Ear Off:

No doubt, as soon as the #2 pick is called im turning my T.V. volume all the way up!!! :D :D :D :D

If we get the #2 pick and pick a another white guy , JFK!

We need Points, not another white guy that cant shoot !

Jon Francis Koncak

Take my advice and Pick another guy, MG!~

Better yet keep our D Smooth @ATL nd hope Howard wants to play with him one day, later!

Josh Smith for No. 2 pick + Michael Beasley, Luke Ridnour & Martell Webster works on the ESPN trade machine. I think I'd be very much in favor of that, assuming Kantor proves worthy of a top 5 pick:

PG: Jeff Teague / Luke Ridnour

SG: Joe Johnson / Kirk Hinrich

SF: Michael Beasley / Martell Webster

PF: Al Horford / Marvin Williams

CR: Enes Kantor / Zaza Pachulia

Edited by vdunkndunk