• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Larry Drew just stop the blowing Smoke up JC2 *ss campaign?

Diesel

• Premium Member

This particular article is about "he who's name shall not be mentioned".

The wizards have concerns...

Let's go in...

But what’s a constant green light scenario without some wrecks and gridlock? Specifically speaking, Crawford’s intriguingly erratic and promise-filled offense comes with the caveat of him shooting .394 from the field on 19.5 attempts per game in 40.7 minutes per contest. Volume shooting like that can get you beat. He also shot .280 from three (1.2 makes per game), and .877 from the free-throw line (3.8 attempts per game).

Alright, good question.. but then the smoke blowing started...

“When you’re talented and can score the way that he can, you know obviously you can live with some of the mistakes that he might make, but I think he’ll learn that as he keeps playing every game. I know he can pass the ball. When we practice and play together you could tell that not only can he score, but he can pass it as well.” -Al Horford

“He’s not only a scorer, but he’s a play-maker as well. He’s one of those players who you can really put him anywhere out there — either at the one or the two. You put him at the one, want him to run the team, he can do that and make plays.” -Joe Johnson

“He’s just talented. He has a knack for scoring. You know what I mean? He has so much upside, so much potential. He works hard and he has a good attitude. You put it all together and that’s what you want.” -Etan Thomas

“He can make any shot, and he’s comfortable shooting any shot. You just hope that he misses. He’ll put it up from anywhere, he doesn’t have a conscious.” -Jeff Teague

But then... here comes Daddy Drew!!

“You put a guy that can score the basketball, give him a green light, he can score. "he who's name shall not be mentioned" is not the first scorer I’ve seen go into a situation like this. It’s every scorer’s dream just to go out there and get the green light and just let it go.”

So the dream could actually be a mirage, as obviously alluded by Drew, a rookie head coach himself and a former Wizards assistant who guided the Hawks to a 44-38 record in the regular season.

“You hope that a guy like that can get into a situation where he learns what a good shot is and what a bad shot is. When he learns within the confines of what a team is trying to do, can he incorporate what he does well with what the team does well, particularly when the situation is totally different?,” Drew rhetorically questioned.

“If Washington comes back next season and they get a whole fresh start, will they play that same way where they just kind of let guys … you know, first man gets the ball, looks to break you down, create and make a shot? Or will they play within a system, and can he be successful in a system?,” the coach wondered. “It’s going to be interesting to see what happens after they finish this season out and then they come back and get a while new fresh start, and Flip implements his system.”

Daddy Drew looks like he's either CYA or he's saying that JC2 is an imagined star that won't fit in the offense. seems like the guys were trying to nicely say that JC2 has no conscious and just shoots at will. Did JC2 piss off LD?

This is what I know.

Washington will have some hard choices to make.

1. What about Nick Young?

2. minime backcourt?

3, Howard?

4. Do you cut Shakur?

Larry Drew is the worst coach the Hawks ever hired. JC2 would have replaced jamal after the season ended and probably give us 13-15 ppg off the bench. You never get the rookies a chance to show you what they got, but Larry Drew, who plays a 9 man roation never gave him the chance. Next year who knows he might win the scoring title.

Next year who knows he might win the scoring title.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

Damn, that'll be the day. I'm guessing there is a better chance that Crawford shoots 35% field goals next year, than there is of him EVER winning a scoring title.

• Premium Member

Is "he whose name shall not be mentioned"... Josh?

Didn't sound like it from the player quotes, but one has to wonder if LD might have considered the question to be a broader opportunity to hammer the point (again)...?

• Premium Member

Larry Drew is the worst coach the Hawks ever hired. JC2 would have replaced jamal after the season ended and probably give us 13-15 ppg off the bench. You never get the rookies a chance to show you what they got, but Larry Drew, who plays a 9 man roation never gave him the chance. Next year who knows he might win the scoring title.

One last thing..

You ever think that nobody focus on JC2 because the games didn't matter?

Is "he whose name shall not be mentioned"... Josh?

Didn't sound like it from the player quotes, but one has to wonder if LD might have considered the question to be a broader opportunity to hammer the point (again)...?

Sorry Stu.. I thought I put a link in..

• Premium Member

Nah... rhetorical question on my part... I know, but I also thought it sounded a whole lot like LD taking an opportunity to send a message to the entire current roster, if not one guy in particular... dunno, but maybe.

Amazing that you can say that after he has just come off a rookie coaching season in which he put this team in the second round of the playoffs. How did he do this? He out coached the man who's team dstroyed the hawks by something like 25 ppg last year. At 39% shooting, Jamal gives us that at 42% shooting this year and he uses the ball way to much. Jordan will be shooting a higher volume of shots that would throw our offense into whack even more then jamal does. Drew didnt give Jordan a chance because he is a volume shooter. He plays off iso's, we already have two people that do that way to much we didnt need a third that shoots at a lower percentage then the other two.

Ok I will make sure to notify Durant, Carmelo, Kobe, and Lebron to step up their game to make sure "he who's name shall not be mentioned" doesnt sneak up on them.

Look here dude, for a guy who used to be assistant coach to Woody, you would have thought that he knew the flaws this Hawks team had from getting to the NBA Finals, but I guess he didn't. He talked about moving the ball more and getting more open looks, we got those open looks but we didn't hit them. We ranked 26th in the league at points per game with 95 a game. If it wasn't for Hinrich pulling his hamstring, we wouldn't have know the guy sitting on the bench every night, Jeff Teague was the best point guard on this team. Now you look into the offseason where jamal is demanding a long term contract, when JC2, who plays just as good as jamal maybe even better was there for cheap and could give this hawks team a scoring punch. And that was in Washington, there were no veteran shooting guards there such as JJ, trying to mentor him into being a great shooting guard in this league. Maybe helping him develop into a even better player. And for your last comment, I said someday when he acctually gets a veteran shooting guard to help him develop into an even more offensive player.

One last thing..

You ever think that nobody focus on JC2 because the games didn't matter?

Did you think when he was scoring almost 28 a night for the wizards it didn't matter?

Look here dude, for a guy who used to be assistant coach to Woody, you would have thought that he knew the flaws this Hawks team had from getting to the NBA Finals, but I guess he didn't. He talked about moving the ball more and getting more open looks, we got those open looks but we didn't hit them. We ranked 26th in the league at points per game with 95 a game. If it wasn't for Hinrich pulling his hamstring, we wouldn't have know the guy sitting on the bench every night, Jeff Teague was the best point guard on this team. Now you look into the offseason where jamal is demanding a long term contract, when JC2, who plays just as good as jamal maybe even better was there for cheap and could give this hawks team a scoring punch. And that was in Washington, there were no veteran shooting guards there such as JJ, trying to mentor him into being a great shooting guard in this league. Maybe helping him develop into a even better player. And for your last comment, I said someday when he acctually gets a veteran shooting guard to help him develop into an even more offensive player.

Did you think when he was scoring almost 28 a night for the wizards it didn't matter?

thats the problem right there you have to be high as a kite to believe that .

Jamal just didnt give us scoring punch jamal could give us games until JC2 can do that he is not the caliber of player that JC is .

If it wasnt for Hinrich Drew is lameduck Sund is gone and the new GM is trying to make his splash by packaging Teague ,JC2 and one of our big three trying to get under the cap .

The Hawks have not been in the lottery for years but the lottery mentality still is strong.

• Premium Member

Correct. It didn't matter. Just like it didn't matter when Shelden won Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month during garbage games back in '07.

Edited by niremetal

To sum up what i said, what was the point of trading for hinrich when we already had teague?

Because Larry "always believed in the kid" but had a corpse and a shot-jacker run the point all year until Hinrich got hurt,

To sum up what i said, what was the point of trading for hinrich when we already had teague?

Myabe because outside of the Bulls series almost every time teague was on the floor he showed nothing and was at times detrimental to the team. Or maybe because Hinrich has superior defense and Basketball IQ. Or maybe Drew thought teague needed a mentor to show him how to play to his potential, so he brought in Hinrich who is a very smart player. Any which way you look at it you are kidding yourself if you think that the teague who played minutes in the middle of the season could have propelled us past orlando. Hinrich helped him progress into what might be a very good point guard.

• Like 1

Myabe because outside of the Bulls series almost every time teague was on the floor he showed nothing and was at times detrimental to the team.

woah there bud. Detrimental is overexagerating, the only thing with Teague that was when he started or played with Jamal/Joe in the regular season is that he wasn't an offensive threat but he always played solid D. He showed plenty in games against Boston, 2 times against Portland, Denver, etc. & there's no need to re iterate why his minutes evaporated after good games.

woah there bud. Detrimental is overexagerating, the only thing with Teague that was when he started or played with Jamal/Joe in the regular season is that he wasn't an offensive threat but he always played solid D. He showed plenty in games against Boston, 2 times against Portland, Denver, etc. & there's no need to re iterate why his minutes evaporated after good games.

He had very few good games when he had minutes. Obviously the game against portland comes to mind. However, Midseason game against New Jersey, harris had no trouble when Teague was on him. The Blowout loss to New Orleans he had a lot of trouble ( although to be fair so did everyone else). Another game against Philly he was bad against Holiday and Williams. My point is during the regular season it wasnt like drew wasnt playing him for no good reason, Teague showed very little to deserve more playing time.

This is not a teague bashing post. He obviously has a lot of potential, I am just pointing out that Drew need not be villanized because teague wasnt starting since day 1. I hope as much as everyone else on the forums that Teague becomes and all star. Just dont act like he was playing the way he was during the bulls series all season long.