• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Those Braves

APE

Wow. Braves win on a terrible call. From some angles, it does look like he might have missed the tag but the angle the ump had was very clear. I think that call will overshadow the fact that the Brave's offense has trended back to atrocious. I swear, Alex Gonzales and Nate Mclouth(who needs to yell at himself more than umps for being a joke of a hitter) need to be benched or traded, period! These guys are are barely better than a average pitchers hitting ability. Now McCann is out however David Ross is a pretty dang good backup. Barring a trade, we could see the Braves slip out of the wild card lead pretty soon.

Wished the Braves still have Escobar. That was an idiotic trade by the new GM. Get a bit safer on defense but lose OBP and a presence at the plate.

Wished the Braves still have Escobar. That was an idiotic trade by the new GM. Get a bit safer on defense but lose OBP and a presence at the plate.

I watched the Jays play the Rangers Sunday. Escobar came in hitting .299 with a .380 OBP. He hit 3 ropes to right field for singles in his first 3 at bats. All beautiful AB's, going with the pitch, thinking with the pitcher. Agon seems to swing with his eyes closed, on the other hand. I saw him miss a pitch by about 2 feet. It was a 0-0 curveball thrown a foot outside. Never had the plate. The ESPN announcers laughed and said "it's hard to swing and miss by that much". AGon entered the game last night in the 10th inning and managed to go 0-5 on 13 pitches. What a pathetic offensive player. I'm not sure I agree he's "safer on defense", though. It's about equal. Escobar is one of the top 5 SS in the majors after the decline of Jeter and Tejada and ARod moving to 3rd. Now we need a right handed bat and can't figure out why we don't have one.

How about this for a trade idea. Two of the Braves pitching prospects, say Minor and Delgado along with Jordan Schaefer for Bourn and Pence? Houston has to rebuild and why not start with two highly touted pitching prospects and Jordan, who given a full time spot, could still pan out to be a good player. The Braves would finally have a speed guy who is going to hit .250 to .300 ish and steal 50 plus bases. You get a guy, who if you believe McCann is the best offensive player on the Braves, has almost equal numbers to him in Pence. The outfield is now Heyward, Bourn and Pence. You move Prado back into the infield, preferably at short. So you get Chipper back, Prado Uggla and Freeman. Hopefully, McCann will be back in 2 or so weeks. So tell me that lineup isn't drastically improved and you haven't wasted any young prospects on 2 month rental has beens like Beltran? Any thoughts?

How about this for a trade idea. Two of the Braves pitching prospects, say Minor and Delgado along with Jordan Schaefer for Bourn and Pence? Houston has to rebuild and why not start with two highly touted pitching prospects and Jordan, who given a full time spot, could still pan out to be a good player. The Braves would finally have a speed guy who is going to hit .250 to .300 ish and steal 50 plus bases. You get a guy, who if you believe McCann is the best offensive player on the Braves, has almost equal numbers to him in Pence. The outfield is now Heyward, Bourn and Pence. You move Prado back into the infield, preferably at short. So you get Chipper back, Prado Uggla and Freeman. Hopefully, McCann will be back in 2 or so weeks. So tell me that lineup isn't drastically improved and you haven't wasted any young prospects on 2 month rental has beens like Beltran? Any thoughts?

I would probably do that trade, even though we're giving up two gems, but I don't think Houston would. I think they'd want the exact same package (or even more!!!) for Pence alone. I heard they're asking for 3 or 4 top prospects, preferably MLB-ready. Pence is probably overpriced, as such. Bourne is more intriguing bc I think he could be had for less. Would have to think about Delgado/Schafer/Olberholzer for Bourne.

Oh, btw, Prado cannot play SS. The Braves would gladly play him there if he could field the position adequately, but he can't. Even if he could, he'd have to spend a lot of time learning the position, and it would mean too many runs given up while he learned in a pennant race. I don't think that matters much bc with Chipper ailing, there will be atbats for all those players. Heyward could take some days off in lieu of Pence, as well.

Edited by CBAreject

Dan Uggla is in straight BEAST MODE right now!!!!!

Hell yeah.

Him & Freddie both :kingchris:

I wish we could get people in the chat rooms for Braves games. Would love some live baseball talk.

I thought about that, we should start doing it