• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New skin is awesome!

Supporter

• Moderators

Testing:

http://youtu.be/2zqhvBc_NO4

Edit: No clue how to upload a video. Do I click special BBCODE, then select media? I tried figuring out but what you posted, but can't seem to figure out.

You got it. Also, I didn't know until yesterday but there's a Testing forum out there for us, if we want to play with any new/modified features:

http://www.hawksquaw...m/9-test-forum/

~lw3

Aside: Marvin would like to offer thanks to his teeth whitener.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I have FF 5 which is the latest version. The whole site is white on white on white with only a few black text to break it up. I also have Direct X 11 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB with up to date drivers. I'm not sure where the shadows and gradients you mentioned are at but all I'm seeing is just white on white. I also am on the legacy skin.

It isn't just you. All I see is white on white. I don't even see pictures of players at the top. All I see is the Hawks logo and Hawksquawk below it.

The attached screenshot is what the site would look like using the set up you described. If you can't see gradients, shadows and more color than white on white with some black text then I don't know what to tell you. I guess you'll just have to trust me that they are there.

post-5-0-99311800-1313555501_thumb.jpg

Testing:

http://youtu.be/2zqhvBc_NO4

Edit: No clue how to upload a video. Do I click special BBCODE, then select media? I tried figuring out but what you posted, but can't seem to figure out.

It looks like the URL you are using is wrong as it should be youtube.com and you have it as you.be which is why it's not embedding properly. I tried that URL using it as YouTube.com and it can't find a video for it either.

You got it. Also, I didn't know until yesterday but there's a Testing forum out there for us, if we want to play with any new/modified features:

http://www.hawksquaw...m/9-test-forum/

~lw3

Aside: Marvin would like to offer thanks to his teeth whitener.

~lw3

Yessir you can test away to your hearts content there. You can also view the help pages for info on how to do things with your posts that you might not be aware of. It looks like the help files aren't completely updated for this new version of the text editor but for the most part things are the same.

Haha yep I am probably going to change out that header graphic at some point with better photos but I was kind of rushing that to get it finished and the site live over the weekend since I knew this week I'd be swamped at work.

• Premium Member

The attached screenshot is what the site would look like using the set up you described. If you can't see gradients, shadows and more color than white on white with some black text then I don't know what to tell you. I guess you'll just have to trust me that they are there.

post-5-0-99311800-1313555501_thumb.jpg

This is bizarre. This is a new computer and I know that FF just released 6.0 yesterday but on legacy skin I should be seeing the pictures of the players. When I swap out to either legacy or normal skin it still does not show on FF but it does on IE9. Is there some kind of tag or java/adope settings that aren't working for Firefox?

This is bizarre. This is a new computer and I know that FF just released 6.0 yesterday but on legacy skin I should be seeing the pictures of the players. When I swap out to either legacy or normal skin it still does not show on FF but it does on IE9. Is there some kind of tag or java/adope settings that aren't working for Firefox?

The players aren't added to the legacy skin since that wasn't on the previous skin. I have no idea why you wouldn't see it on the normal skin though because it's all part of the single background image and added through CSS.

The site should work fine in Firefox 4+ as I use Firefox as my primary browser and they've supported CSS3 since version 4 at least.

Somehow when I'm browsing the page (going up and down), the page slows down a bit. Didn't have a problem with other site or old message board and my computer's pretty new.

I don't have the slightest idea what would cause that.

To all .. If you press CTRL + F5 on your keyboard it will force the browser to clear the cache and you will see the updated and I believe significantly improved background to the default skin. As long as you have a decent screen resolution you should see pictures to the left and right of the content area and they will randomly rotate between 14 different pairs of images and I plan to add more as we go. Hopefully this new background will help to provide more contrast to the site for those that felt it needed it.

• Premium Member

HEY MAN!!!! LOL MY LITTLE HOMEBOY SMILEY IS BACK!!!!

rap.gif It's like he's saying: "Wiggidy Wiggidy Whaaaaaat!?"

Hey Dolfan...don't you EVER remove this guy ever again. You hear me?! Seriously man...you broke my heart! I'll donate $10 on top of my Squawk donation just to keep this guy around. lol

HEY MAN!!!! LOL MY LITTLE HOMEBOY SMILEY IS BACK!!!!

rap.gif It's like he's saying: "Wiggidy Wiggidy Whaaaaaat!?"

Hey Dolfan...don't you EVER remove this guy ever again. You hear me?! Seriously man...you broke my heart! I'll donate $10 on top of my Squawk donation just to keep this guy around. lol

Haha dude he hasn't gone anywhere, it's just the weird *ss way that the system chooses to list the smilies as some of them make the main list and some are in the "show all" list.

You can view the entire list here ... http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends

• Moderators

Hey, I'm typing from Android and I can't recall, but wasn't there a "Jump To Page" feature in the prior versions, at least on the thread pages? With that feature I could get to page 7 of an 11 page thread without having to start from one end and "Next/Prev " my way to it.

~lw3

Hey, I'm typing from Android and I can't recall, but wasn't there a "Jump To Page" feature in the prior versions, at least on the thread pages? With that feature I could get to page 7 of an 11 page thread without having to start from one end and "Next/Prev " my way to it.

~lw3

I can't say for sure on the mobile version right now but on the full version of the site if you click on where in this thread it shows "Page 5 of 5" it will pop up a box where you can enter the page number that you want to jump to. I will check on the mobile version and let you know.

I like the new picture at the top of the page as well. The sharp jersey and hazy arena shot look much better than the former player pic, IMO.

Thanks AHF I definitely agree and that top header picture was only planned to be a temporary thing to have something up there while I worked on the background photos.