Should we lowball the Crawken?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Maybe 5 yrs 33 Million?

At 31 and in a year of decline, he's not going to get many teams that will lock him up with 5 years.

To keep the team together, this would be a good price.

He backs up the 1 until Hinrich comes back... and then even then, Hinrich is going to make great trade bait... and so would the Crawford.

RE-sign the Crawford . . and the Teaguen will be suppressed, because Drew will opt to go with Jamal than Teague.

Jamal had one great season with us ( for him ), then regressed back to his career averages last season. No way you re-sign Jamal for 5 years. Three years at the max. And not more than 5 million then.

If Jamal Crawford was the difference between us getting to the NBA Finals or not, then I'd say go ahead and re-sign him. But as of right now, most people don't even believe that we're a top 4 team in the East anymore. The "experts" will probably still have Orlando ahead of us in their preseason predictions.

If we're not going to go BIG in free agency, and bring in Howard or Paul . . . we may as well continue to be fiscally responsible, and not be locked into potentially bad contracts.

• Like 1

RE-sign the Crawford . . and the Teaguen will be suppressed, because Drew will opt to go with Jamal than Teague.

Jamal had one great season with us ( for him ), then regressed back to his career averages last season. No way you re-sign Jamal for 5 years. Three years at the max. And not more than 5 million then.

If Jamal Crawford was the difference between us getting to the NBA Finals or not, then I'd say go ahead and re-sign him. But as of right now, most people don't even believe that we're a top 4 team in the East anymore. The "experts" will probably still have Orlando ahead of us in their preseason predictions.

If we're not going to go BIG in free agency, and bring in Howard or Paul . . . we may as well continue to be fiscally responsible, and not be locked into potentially bad contracts.

I totally agree with you Northcyde. I love Jamal, but we need Teague to grow (outside of getting CP3). I think we should sign and trade Jamal for back-up big if we really are going to sign T-Mac. I wonder if we are still going to bring Wilkins back? Hell, maybe we can sign and trade him to the Clips for Kaman if they really do trade Gordon for CP3 and want to sign Chandler to keep CP3 long term.

Eh, who knows? Nice thing about this off-season is that it will only last like 3 weeeks lol.

• Moderators

Crawford is a luxery item for a deep team. He can definitely win some games for you but he's a huge liability on defense that really gets exposed in the post season. Its time to move on and make the tweaks necessary for this team to progress. I'm disappointed we aren't at least going after a guy like Prince even with our salary constraints. Crawford's a nice guy but I'm ready for him not to be a Hawk.

• Admin

Agree, we let Crawford go or we take advantage of using him in a sign and trade.

I loved what he did for us but it is time to move on and let others grow

It's time to find out if Teague is this team's PG going forward plain and simple. Time to take off the handcuffs and let him run the show, play through his mistakes or they might as well start looking for another PG.

Like I said before no sense helping Chicago get much better at the 2 guard without getting a decent player in return.

LOL yeah Jamal is the one holding back Teague lol . The excuses you guys come up with for our players is ridiculous . How would jamal coming off the bench hold back teague who should be starting ?

As Ive said for two years now our starting core has peaked so no I wouldnt bring jamal back because of that because all we we will be doing is treading water anyway .

Jamal also didnt regress the team asked him to not be as aggressive offensively and to give up shots and play through the bigs which is what we did and the entire team sucked at it because our bigs are not the offensive forces everyone ants them to be .

If he ignores Drew and says hey Im the 6th man of the year Im not changing a thing and Im certainly not deferring cause I need to keep my numbers up for my contact well then youd be claiming he selfish and not a team player..

He helped us win the most games for this franchise in 17 years and then the next year won a series for us so Id say we got a good investment out of our 6th man . In fact anyone in the league would so I dont get the reaction to try and knock one of the few moves that have really worked out in our favor.

As i said I dont believe he will be back because I dont believe we can afford to keep him at any price not when we have the giant elephant in the room to worry about

• Moderators

I can't believe we are willing to pay the tax for Crawford. That is why we traded for Hinrich - so he would replace Crawford on an expiring contract this season. Anything more than a minimum offer will put us in the tax and anything that low won't get Crawford.

• Premium Member

<p>

<br />

RE-sign the Crawford . . and the Teaguen will be suppressed, because Drew will opt to go with Jamal than Teague.<br />

<br />

Jamal had one great season with us ( for him ), then regressed back to his career averages last season.&nbsp;&nbsp;No way you re-sign Jamal for 5 years.&nbsp;&nbsp;Three years at the max.&nbsp;&nbsp;And not more than 5 million then.<br />

<br />

If Jamal Crawford was the difference between us getting to the NBA Finals or not, then I'd say go ahead and re-sign him.&nbsp;&nbsp;But as of right now, most people don't even believe that we're a top 4 team in the East anymore.&nbsp;&nbsp;The &quot;experts&quot; will probably still have Orlando ahead of us in their preseason predictions.<br />

<br />

If we're not going to go BIG in free agency, and bring in Howard or Paul . . . we may as well continue to be fiscally responsible, and not be locked into potentially bad contracts.<br />

That would make sense if not for the fact that when Drew could play the Crawford over Teague in the playoffs (same circumstance.. Hinrich out) Drew chose to play Teague.&nbsp; This was during the second round of the playoffs where the games were important... Drew chose Teague and Teague responded.&nbsp; You best believe that Drew will choose Teague again.

<p>Secondly, the Team dynamic with Crawford on the floor means a whole lot.&nbsp; He picks up the slack.&nbsp; We can't count of upstraight Marvin to pick up the slack.&nbsp; Marvin still has to prove that he has desire.</p>

<p>The most telling fact in all this is that there are teams that want Crawford now.&nbsp; So 6 months from now, he will still be valuable. Crawford is a player.&nbsp; He can step it up and play.&nbsp; That's a trait you don't see much anymore.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

I can't believe we are willing to pay the tax for Crawford. That is why we traded for Hinrich - so he would replace Crawford on an expiring contract this season. Anything more than a minimum offer will put us in the tax and anything that low won't get Crawford.

thank you. i can't believe how many people wanting crawford back and hinrich out. hinrich is at his last year of his deal so what? i strongly believe we need more guys like hinrich than crawford.

is shane battier available?

• Moderators

More egos to work into a team?

In fairness, I don't think of Battier is a problem ego. He will likely add some maturity and toughness to that team so it isn't good news for the rest of the league.