• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Tracy McGrady, Hawks agree on a 1-year deal

GameTime

Come on now. We're talking TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars here. Of course Jamal was going to chase the money, if the Hawks aren't willing to go into the Luxury Tax to retain him. Jamal is going to get at least a multi-year 30 million contract this year. We were probably going to give him a deal for a few years less than 4 million ( and that's if the Hawks were going to go into the tax. )

It wasn't that we were the ones to give him a chance. We traded for Jamal because we were desperate to obtain another scorer. Jamal could always ball. He was just schizophrenic as hell, that's all.

As for adding Vince, that might be overkill right there, but I wouldn't be against it either. That would be adding another veteran guy who may not be as athletic as they once was, but still has enough of an array of skills to help a veteran squad out. Phoenix still has to make a decision to exercise the option on Vince's last year of his deal ( which is 18 million ).

When they do though, it will be interesting as to who picks him up and how much money he'll get. I doubt Vince plays for the vet minimum, unless he goes to the Heat, Lakers, or Mavericks.

Wilson Chandler went to China, and is locked up there until March.

I'm not mad at him taking more money, who wouldn't take it. I just wish he would've at least been more outspoken about staying here. I follow him on twitter and he talks a lot about still wanting a starting job. Its just annoying to see all of these players jumping on the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, and Knicks bandwagon! You don't have to stack a team to win championships. It comes a time when you have to trust and stay where you're wanted.

I know about Wilson Chandlers major boo boo over in China. That's why I suggested for the Hawks to pursue him before they make there run in the playoffs. He and J.R Smith should be available sometime in March or April.

Edited by willthepureshooter

I'm loving the move as long as he defends like he can when he wants to. Author of one of the greatest spectacles I've seen in sports 7 years and 2 days ago, so I'll always have respect for the guy, even if the Rockets made it to the second round without him (and awful Yao for that matter). A considerable amount of empty seats will be filled, and we'll finally see some consistent attempts at dribble drives on the cheap. Win win.