Rick Sund appreciation thread

thecampster

It's only one game in but looking at Rad, T-Mac, Pargo and the gang....I say let's throw a few props Ricky boy's way. He called Jamal's bluff, went with LD and so far, so good. Remember, he got these guys at the league minimum. He signed them early and often.

beer11.gif I raise my glass to you Mr. Sund.

• Moderators

I had to catch myself too. Truth is I could have scored 15 against those Nets. That may be the most disorganized NBA team i've ever seen. The bench looked great but can Tmac stay healthy and can these guys compete against Boston and Chicago?

Smart move putting vets on the bench rather than youngsters though. It could back fire if these guys start dropping to injury playing 10 games in 12 days.

• Premium Member

Smart move putting vets on the bench rather than youngsters though. It could back fire if these guys start dropping to injury playing 10 games in 12 days.

I actually think just the opposite - if guys start dropping due to injury, I'd much rather put Jerry Stackhouse or Jason Collins out there than Pape Sy or Magnum Rolle. Good to have guys that have "been there" when pressed into action.

I'll send a big-ups to Sund simply based off the fact that I never would've thought Radmonovic would look good as he did yesterday even aginst the Nets (they're still an NBA team, barely) and seemingly T-Mac will drive to the hole more than the rest of th team. Lets just hope more referees recognize fouls on his drives instead of mistaking them for missed calls or even worse offensive fouls. These GMs do a lot of dumb things, as we all do. But at the end of the day, they know considersbly more about creating teams than we do, and Sund did his job by substantially improving our depth, experience, and team I.Q.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm with macdaddy. Not so fast in giving Sund some credit so soon. Veterans are more suseptible to injury especially playing that many games in a very short amount of time. And we will know by game 15 if it was a smart move by Sund to have a bench like this.

That is why he brought in so many

• Like 1

My favorite signing was Willie Green. He didn't produce but oh well. T-Mac looks like he's useful again. At times in Det, I thought he was done. I always liked Rad to a degree. For the vet min, he clearly overachieving. I like our bench, I like Teague, so I am not mad about this team. They were actually fun to watch for 48 mins last night.