• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am learning from the ESPN boards that we made no improvements

IheartVolt

Who cares what they think. If we are happy, what's the problem. We haven't been happy in years.

• Like 3

Sure, we're the same team.

JT has always been our PG. Right?

And, all those players off the bench that we all thought were new players,

they have been here all the time also.

We do have four starters returning on a team that made the playoffs

last season - and the year before.

We're the same team - - - We start the season 3-0 - - I'll take that.......

spiteful.gif

I like what I see from Teague as a scorer.... But I fear that against good teams his lack of passing skills will hurt.

He will need to grow and improve in that area , but man can he penetrate to get to the basket...It is like someone launches him he is so quick..Amazing

Sure, we're the same team.

JT has always been our PG. Right?

And, all those players off the bench that we all thought were new players,

they have been here all the time also.

We do have four starters returning on a team that made the playoffs

last season - and the year before.

We're the same team - - - We start the season 3-0 - - I'll take that.......

spiteful.gif

Agree 100% G-M.

I was a bit nervous about JT...but I'm pretty much all-in now, he has made great strides. We are 3-0 and I'll take that. All our guys seem to be in shape - some even better shape. Zaza has learned to be the lead man on the fast break wink.png and our Vet Mins can actually play basketball in a real game.

Hoping T-Mac gets his legs underneath him a little more and Hinrich heals up fast.......GO HAWKS!

I like what I see from Teague as a scorer.... But I fear that against good teams his lack of passing skills will hurt.

Well you make a good point there Hot...but great passers are generally born-not made. If he doesn't have the "Magic Johnson/CP3" type innate passing skills - that doesn't mean he won't improve over time with this group.

Let's be fair to Jeff Teague...he didn't even get to play much until we threw him in against playoff teams. Pretty damn steep learning curve IMO and he looks to be handling it quite well...VERY WELL.

My gut says that JT figured he had to work on his worst weakness first (outside shot) - and he has obviously improved bigtime on that. He also seems to have improved on court awareness and reducing turnovers. These are the big things you have to do to "settle in" as a PG. Since we already have good passers on this team I think he can sorta get the feel from them. Besides...every pass from a PG doesn't have to be for a great alley-oop dunk...it can be a simple pass that moves the ball even if there is another pass (or two) after that.

I especially liked it when he went backdoor and got a pass and layed it up tonight. It looked easy but a smaller player has to have confidence going to the hoop in that situation - and Teague does.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Indeed, the other four starters on the floor are among the good-to-very-good passers/assist guys at their position... so I'm satisfied if Teague just takes care of the ball and plays good-to-very-good defense. But I think with the re-discovered confidence that hadn't been seen since he led Wake, it's becoming a whole lot less common that guys play off him or sag back toward the lane, and a whole lot more common that he attracts a second defender running at him, which just adds to his opportunities. Btw, I noticed he pretty much neutralized DWill stat-for-stat in tonight's box score.

• Like 3

Lurker here.....Just saying that I'm feeling this Hawk vibe. I like this bench, and I see a couple of starters having career years (Josh,Marvin) so I'm pretty optimistic. We need the 3 seed though.

Lurker here.....Just saying that I'm feeling this Hawk vibe. I like this bench, and I see a couple of starters having career years (Josh,Marvin) so I'm pretty optimistic. We need the 3 seed though.

Let's not get into seeds - the GB Packers came from almost missing the playoffs to winning the Superbowl.

Teague is a very gifted point guard with speed and scorers mentality. Don't complain about his passing just yet. His ability to drive to the basket alone will provide open spot up shots on the outside. Basketball is all about breaking down your opponents defense by attacking the middle, be it with your post players or guards. We can't turn him into a conventional point guard because he's not. He will average a steady 5 to 6 assist a game and I'm totally fine with it. I personally love attacking point guards myself. It helps put the opposing teams bigs in foul trouble, which opens our post offense.