• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boo's for T-Mac in Houston?

HalfHawk

I'm sorry, but when a player gives you some of the best years in his career to your city, shows incredible determination and will towards your franchise despite injury after injury, you show the man some damn respect. I don't know if the stands are filled with some ignorant, bloated people with extra money and nothing to do, but that is just inexcusable. Houston "fans" need to be educated on sportsmanship.

Nobody likes Tmac has hasn't for years.

Strange you say that as he almost finished second in 2010 all-star voting among guards without playing a game... Hard to imagine he accomplished that by your accusation of nobody taking a liking to him..

Strange you say that as he almost finished second in 2010 all-star voting among guards without playing a game... Hard to imagine he accomplished that by your accusation of nobody taking a liking to him..

Pretty good point. I shouldn't forget just how silly and ignorant the average NBA fan is. It's hard to blame the fans of Houston though. Tmac was basically a failure. Good stats player, but almost no accomplishments when it comes to winning.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but when a player gives you some of the best years in his career to your city, shows incredible determination and will towards your franchise despite injury after injury, you show the man some damn respect. I don't know if the stands are filled with some ignorant, bloated people with extra money and nothing to do, but that is just inexcusable. Houston "fans" need to be educated on sportsmanship.

Same things can be said about Yao's time in Houston, but I can't begin to imagine the Houston crowd booing him. Not quite sure what their beef is with him, especially since the Rockets traded him rather than him leaving as a free agent.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Atlanta fans do it, too. Majority will probably boo Crawford when Portland comes to town. Ironically they cheered for Bibby when the heat came

Oh no, no, no, there will not be major boos directed at Jamal... it's not like he turned down a Hawks offer to play elsewhere. And there will be 'oo' noises when Bibby shows up, only it'll be people screaming, 'shoooooooooooooooooooot!'

~lw3

Atlanta fans do it, too. Majority will probably boo Crawford when Portland comes to town. Ironically they cheered for Bibby when the heat came

No way Crawford gets booed unless he starts killing us. I can't think of any former Hawks who have gotten booed.

• Moderators

You can add Josh Childress to that list as well. Childress first game back in the ATL last season there were some boos for him among the crowd at the arena.

That is more understandable. He ditched the team to go play in Greece.

I live in Houston and everyone here hates T-Mac these days, he just never lived up to expectations. Besides his 13 points in 30 seconds, people seem to only have poor memories of him.

People in Houston tend to be more vindictive...I think it's the climate....like living in a hair dryer.