• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about a hell yes?

macdaddy

• Moderators

Article onFox is more about Heat and that theyt can't deal with the zone than it is about the Hawks.

Here is espn's 'Heat reaction'. We'll have to do more to earn true respect but that's ok. We stuck the knife in last night.

1966.jpg

LeBron James 11-18 FG | 6-9 FT | 7 REB | 6 AST | 28 PTS | -1

GRADEB-

LeBron's first four baskets were either dunks or layups, but all his momentum came to a complete stop once the Hawks pulled out the zone defense. His journey to the rim became a lot tougher after that. LeBron wasn't as active defensively in this one and tended to fall back into midrange mode all too often on the other end. Most players would kill for this stat line but we expect more from LeBron.

1987.jpg

Dwyane Wade 4-17 FG | 4-6 FT | 3 REB | 10 AST | 12 PTS | -7

GRADEC

Wade stepped into a time machine and went back to his point guard days. Wade sliced through the Hawks' defense with sharp passes, but it may have taken away from his shooting rhythm. Wade couldn't find his touch all game and struggled to pile up points against the bigger Joe Johnson. The bounty of assists is nice, but the Heat could have used a scorer's mindset.

1977.jpg

Chris Bosh 8-18 FG | 3-4 FT | 6 REB | 1 AST | 19 PTS | -11

GRADEB-

Bosh's early dunk on the entire Hawks frontcourt should be catnip for "SportsCenter" producers. Bosh played some rare minutes at the 5 against the Hawks' Al Horford, but Bosh certainly didn't rebound like a center. Aside from the highlight-reel dunk, Bosh was complacent at times and stuck to the perimeter. He came alive in the fourth, but they needed more board work.

mia.gif

Attack mentality

GRADED

The Heat came out guns blazing and punishing the paint, but the aggressiveness disappeared after the Hawks played a gimmick defense. The Heat tend to fall in love with the 18-footer for long stretches and tonight was no different. When it goes in, it's great; when it doesn't, it's inexcusable.

atl.gif

Atlanta Hawks

GRADEA

This was the Hawks' first real test in the East and their performance was a reminder that they're not going away anytime soon. Credit Larry Drew for bagging his man-to-man early and throwing the zone at the Heat. It killed the Heat's run and sucked all the life out of the arena. The Hawks deployed their normal balanced attack and received huge contributions from Tracy McGrady and the rest of the bench.

Here is espn's 'Heat reaction'. We'll have to do more to earn true respect but that's ok. We stuck the knife in last night.

1966.jpg

LeBron James 11-18 FG | 6-9 FT | 7 REB | 6 AST | 28 PTS | -1

GRADEB-

LeBron's first four baskets were either dunks or layups, but all his momentum came to a complete stop once the Hawks pulled out the zone defense. His journey to the rim became a lot tougher after that. LeBron wasn't as active defensively in this one and tended to fall back into midrange mode all too often on the other end. Most players would kill for this stat line but we expect more from LeBron.

1987.jpg

Dwyane Wade 4-17 FG | 4-6 FT | 3 REB | 10 AST | 12 PTS | -7

GRADEC

Wade stepped into a time machine and went back to his point guard days. Wade sliced through the Hawks' defense with sharp passes, but it may have taken away from his shooting rhythm. Wade couldn't find his touch all game and struggled to pile up points against the bigger Joe Johnson. The bounty of assists is nice, but the Heat could have used a scorer's mindset.

1977.jpg

Chris Bosh 8-18 FG | 3-4 FT | 6 REB | 1 AST | 19 PTS | -11

GRADEB-

Bosh's early dunk on the entire Hawks frontcourt should be catnip for "SportsCenter" producers. Bosh played some rare minutes at the 5 against the Hawks' Al Horford, but Bosh certainly didn't rebound like a center. Aside from the highlight-reel dunk, Bosh was complacent at times and stuck to the perimeter. He came alive in the fourth, but they needed more board work.

mia.gif

Attack mentality

GRADED

The Heat came out guns blazing and punishing the paint, but the aggressiveness disappeared after the Hawks played a gimmick defense. The Heat tend to fall in love with the 18-footer for long stretches and tonight was no different. When it goes in, it's great; when it doesn't, it's inexcusable.

atl.gif

Atlanta Hawks

GRADEA

This was the Hawks' first real test in the East and their performance was a reminder that they're not going away anytime soon. Credit Larry Drew for bagging his man-to-man early and throwing the zone at the Heat. It killed the Heat's run and sucked all the life out of the arena. The Hawks deployed their normal balanced attack and received huge contributions from Tracy McGrady and the rest of the bench.

Gimmick Defense?....I'll take it....HELL Yeah.

Like LD has said once we get more consistent beating championship contending teams then we will get respect from the national media and deserve to be in those conversations with those other teams. Tonight would take a step in that direction if we can beat the Bulls in Chicago followed by another win against the Heat on Thursday.

P

So, a lot of complaining here today after the loss.

Just wanted to bump this thread because I thought the Hawks played great defense and showed they were at least an even match for the Bulls last night.

If the Hawks can get through this week with 50% win rate against Miami and Chicago I'd consider that reason enough to say "Hell Yes!"

So, a lot of complaining here today after the loss.

Just wanted to bump this thread because I thought the Hawks played great defense and showed they were at least an even match for the Bulls last night.

If the Hawks can get through this week with 50% win rate against Miami and Chicago I'd consider that reason enough to say "Hell Yes!"

I agree !

I was on the fence about breaking this core up but after watching the 1st few games I really want to see this core stay together for the season. If Hinrich's expiring could be flipped for a big at the trade deadline that is gravy. If not, Hinrich is an excellent piece to have and good depth for when (not if) McGrady's knees give him trouble.

• Like 1

I agree !

I was on the fence about breaking this core up but after watching the 1st few games I really want to see this core stay together for the season. If Hinrich's expiring could be flipped for a big at the trade deadline that is gravy. If not, Hinrich is an excellent piece to have and good depth for when (not if) McGrady's knees give him trouble.

We need to keep Hinrich because he's probably the only one who could come in and help our stagnant iso-offense that we regress into when the going gets tough. I'm fairly certain that if he were in during crunch time last night we wouldn't have seen the play end with a long Josh Smith jumpshot or JJ dribbling the clock away.

We need to keep Hinrich because he's probably the only one who could come in and help our stagnant iso-offense that we regress into when the going gets tough. I'm fairly certain that if he were in during crunch time last night we wouldn't have seen the play end with a long Josh Smith jumpshot or JJ dribbling the clock away.

The team looked lost in the 4th period last night dribbling around the perimeter and jacking up jumpers late in the shot clock. They played so hard for the first 3 periods then they turned into The Atlanta Woodrows again. It's frustrating.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The team looked lost in the 4th period last night dribbling around the perimeter and jacking up jumpers late in the shot clock. They played so hard for the first 3 periods then they turned into The Atlanta Woodrows again. It's frustrating.

I'm sure that exhaustion played a large role in their poor decision making and FT shooting and unfortunately we're learning that it might be true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks as it pertains to their regressing into the old offensive "system". We may have no other choice than to go out and try and find a new closer who can play in an ISO offense like Jamal was for us... although I think that's easier said than done.