• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

O.T. - Other Bird Team

Hey Tampa Bay: Mularkey's available!

~lw3

I just heard that they're wanting to interview Wade Phillips ... amazing that guy keeps getting chances to be a head coach when he's clearly not cut out to be more than a very good defensive coordinator.

I pray that the fins don't make MM our next coach. I"m not very impressed with the guys we interviewed. I think we interviewed the wrong Green Bay assistant. We should interview Winston Moss of the Packers, since it looks like Fisher is going to the Rams.

As for the Falcons, I feel for you guys. I can't place my finger on it, but it just seems the team is missing something. That killer instinct seems to be the biggest culprit with your squad. Just my opinion.

I always forget that you're a Dolphins fan... and yeah I'm not really impressed with anyone so far. I'm still hoping that Jon Gruden or Cowher comes out of nowhere to be the next coach. If not, then I'm hoping for a guy like Chudzinski as I think he's going to be a superstar head coach someday.

Agreed about the Falcons and the lack of killer instinct. Or as Sir Cumference would say, Atlanta isn't mentally tough!

I want this secondary dismantled and some changes made to this PATHETIC excuse for an o-line. Good lord that game was cringe worthy.

Get Vangorder and Mularkey out NOW.

And Matty Liquid.... hey boy, do some bicep curls everyday in the off season and grow some arm strength. Also grab some testosterone to grow some hair on your balls. This dude doesn't have the sack to win big games.

Shotty White.... make sure to get a can of stick-em before every game.

Edited by Boss

Last season, we believed. Then, Green Bay happened.

This season, we believed. Then Eli's Giants happened.

Hawk fans have watched our Hawks go to the second round and be "Right there"

until the very end.

We have watched our beloved Hawks meet the two teams ranked one/two at the

first ranking of the NBA. Hawks were 1-1 against each team.

Basketball, the Hawks and the Dream, have been Atlanta's best pro sports.

Just think, Braves fall on their face, the Flacons go one and out two years

in a row.

The Dream won the east. Hawks win playoff games and go to round two.

GO HAWKS!!!

Yep this has been a pretty damned sad display today and it looks like they just quit afer that failed Ryan sneak on 4th down when it was 10-2.

The Hawks have been one of the more successful teams in any of the big team sports over the past few years. Granted the way our playoff runs ended wasn't great, although last year wasn't nearly as bad, but you still can't overlook the fact that we've gone to the conference semi-finals 3 straight years.

Prove me wrong but we have got to have the worst blocking scheme imaginable. We never get push on the offensive line and instead seem to be content to trap block on most running plays (even short yardage). Give me better blocking schemes any day and South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore and you'd have seen a different team this year. I have always felt Michael Turner has been the beneficiary of personnel and not ability/scheme.

The real problem is Matt Ryan. He is not a playmaker and we are all starting to see that. He crumbles under pressure and just is not a reliable QB. The Falcons are stuck for years for this guy.

I don't believe that. Granted I haven't watched Ryan or the Falcons nearly as much as you guys have but when I have seen him play and he has good protection he is a deadly QB. But you have to give him time to be able to scan the field and find an open receiver in order to be successful. And you have to have a running game as well, otherwise the D can just blitz the crap out of him and zone up on the receivers. The only area where I can't see any possible improvement is on deep throws down the field and on out patterns when he's playing in unfavorable conditions, which unfortunately happens a lot on the road in the playoffs. And as far as I know there isn't much, if anything, that you can do about that type of arm strength.

Prove me wrong but we have got to have the worst blocking scheme imaginable. We never get push on the offensive line and instead seem to be content to trap block on most running plays (even short yardage). Give me better blocking schemes any day and South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore and you'd have seen a different team this year. I have always felt Michael Turner has been the beneficiary of personnel and not ability/scheme.

I think Turner is a hell of a RB, but that dirty chop blocking scheme that the Falcons run can be neutralized by a good defense and that doesn't give him any room to run. I think if you ran a legit power blocking scheme he would be one of the best in the league or maybe if you had better lineman to be able to run the scheme that y'all do run he'd be able to excel in it. I don't know if y'all have one of these or not but having a change of pace type of scat back would probably help a lot as well.

I don't believe that. Granted I haven't watched Ryan or the Falcons nearly as much as you guys have but when I have seen him play and he has good protection he is a deadly QB. But you have to give him time to be able to scan the field and find an open receiver in order to be successful. And you have to have a running game as well, otherwise the D can just blitz the crap out of him and zone up on the receivers. The only area where I can't see any possible improvement is on deep throws down the field and on out patterns when he's playing in unfavorable conditions, which unfortunately happens a lot on the road in the playoffs. And as far as I know there isn't much, if anything, that you can do about that type of arm strength.

That's right, when he has good protection that is the only time he is decent. When he is under pressure he crumbles. He cannot avoid the sack AT ALL. How many times have you seen Matt Ryan flushed out of the pocket to complete a pass? One out of a million. Matt Ryan scans the field for his one receiver for the play designed, and if that option isn't there he throws the check-down pass or chucks it out of bounds. There were guys open all day against the Giants that he didn't find.... not having one passing TD against that questionable secondary is daunting.

Matt Ryan is scared of the big game. He cannot perform under pressure. Even last season when the Falcons had a dominant O-Line, they got blasted by the Packers. Not just beaten, but BLASTED completely. It wasn't even competitive. The reason Matt Ryan has his stats and is considered good is because of our receivers. Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez have made Matt Ryan look a lot better than what he really is.

Oh and....

Get Vangorder and Mularkey out NOW.

white_dance_club.gif

We were the most vanilla team in the playoffs....on both sides of the ball, thank god that both MM and BV are out of here. Just like everyone else has said I hate even seeing Matt attempt deep balls because he just flat out sucks at it, and he is the worst at passing outside of the pocket unless its a designed bootleg...when he gets flushed out of the pocket you already pretty much know that the play is over. All and all I do still think that we can win with him but I think that we need to recognize what he is and run our offense accordingly. We have enough talent around him on offense to win we just need to run the offense correctly but the defense needs some work....we need more pressure from the front line and to replace Decoud. The linebackers are fine, I like Lofton and I love Spoon and I think Nichols does a decent job on the other side but the d line is letting the entire defensive unit down, we can't keep relying on Abe by himself to bring pressure...Ray Edwards just pissed me off all year, it was pretty much like he wasn't there 80% of the time. getting pressure up the middle is something we need to work on as well, I like Babs and Peters but they just don't collapse the pocket enough....I hope to see a lot of movement this offseason on defense but I think we'll be fine in the end....I have faith in Dimitroff and Smith, I like Smiths approach and the way he respects and leans on the veterans..I think it makes for a good locker room and the man never gets to high or low on anything and I like that as well but what I really respect about him is that he is who he is and stands behind that. He went for the 4th down against New Orleans early in the year and he was a man in the post game and took full responsibility for it but continued going for it on 4th down through out the year because thats just who he is and I love it.....But most of all I have faith in Arthur Blank, that man will do whatever he needs to do to make this team a winner, he's willing to write the checks to make us a winner and its just great to have an owner like that, we'll be ok people