• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

O.T. - Other Bird Team

Anybody see the similarities between the Falcons and Hawks. Whenever there are high expectations, we wet the bed. I see a lot of Hawks fan saying the Falcons are built to win and Authur being a good owner (true), but in the last four years I would say the Hawks have had more post-season success than the Falcons....just saying. Offense has not put a simgle point on the board as yet with 9 minutes left in game and NY just scored again, 2-24...smh.

The Hawks may not have been able to get past the second round but at least we have won some 1st rounds.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yep this has been a pretty damned sad display today and it looks like they just quit afer that failed Ryan sneak on 4th down when it was 10-2.

The Hawks have been one of the more successful teams in any of the big team sports over the past few years. Granted the way our playoff runs ended wasn't great, although last year wasn't nearly as bad, but you still can't overlook the fact that we've gone to the conference semi-finals 3 straight years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know what to say about the Falcons right now. They have all the pieces and yet they can't get it done. I was actually glad when I found out they would face the Giants as I thought it was a favorable matchup for the Falcons. It looks like I was dead wrong.

Oh, and there's no competition between the 'built to win' Falcons and the Hawks. Not only have the Falcons failed to win a postseason game with all the money spent, but these last two Playoff games haven't even been close. At least the Hawks made it to the second round and are actually competitive in the postseason.

Edited by hawkman
  • Like 1

I thought the same thing about the Giants matchup in that it wouldn't be a high scoring game ala the Saints and Green Bay, but this is absolutely embarrasing.

Falcons need a new O.C. and players for the O-Line who can give Ryan time to throw downfield with all the "weapons"

I thought the same thing about the Giants matchup in that it wouldn't be a high scoring game ala the Saints and Green Bay, but this is absolutely embarrasing.

Falcons need a new O.C. and players for the O-Line who can give Ryan time to throw downfield with all the "weapons"

I'll tell you what is absolutely embarrassing is that the Dolphins are supposed to interview Mike Mularkey for the head coach vacancy... which makes me want to puke since I don't think much of him and I definitely don't think he's gotten anywhere near what he should have out of this incredibly talented Falcons offense. And that's not even considering this sad display today by the offense. I'd rather let the team coach itself before I hired that turd to run my team!

• Premium Member

I'll tell you what is absolutely embarrassing is that the Dolphins are supposed to interview Mike Mularkey for the head coach vacancy... which makes me want to puke since I don't think much of him and I definitely don't think he's gotten anywhere near what he should have out of this incredibly talented Falcons offense. And that's not even considering this sad display today by the offense. I'd rather let the team coach itself before I hired that turd to run my team!

Agreed. MM is not the answer for the Dolphins Dolf. How can you go for it on 4th and inches WITHOUT Turner in the back field at least as a decoy? That play essentially broke the Falcons and took them out of this game.

Agreed. MM is not the answer for the Dolphins Dolf. How can you go for it on 4th and inches WITHOUT Turner in the back field at least as a decoy? That play essentially broke the Falcons and took them out of this game.

Yep you could see the air being let out of the Falcons at that point. Honestly I think they should have kicked the FG there since they got close enough where it should have been a very makeable kick and then it's only a 5 point game with a ton of time left.

Yep you could see the air being let out of the Falcons at that point. Honestly I think they should have kicked the FG there since they got close enough where it should have been a very makeable kick and then it's only a 5 point game with a ton of time left.

I didn't understand not taking the points, when the score was this close and when the defense was playing decent up to that point. I hope Miami takes MM of our hands, he has been horrible for the most part. I'm a girl and I can tell what plays - pass or run he is coming with.

This has been the case for every Atl team. The teams and this city just cannot handle expectations when place upon them. This city nickname is "Choke City" for a damn good reason. The teams failure constantly in the playoffs play a major part in anyone not getting too interested and/or high on them. We know how it usually end. We have seen the script replay itself over and over.

I didn't understand not taking the points, when the score was this close and when the defense was playing decent up to that point. I hope Miami takes MM of our hands, he has been horrible for the most part. I'm a girl and I can tell what plays - pass or run he is coming with.

That's not very nice! I hope that Jacksonville takes Mularkey as supposedly he has an interview there as well. I wonder if maybe these HC openings were on his mind and distracted him today??

That's not very nice! I hope that Jacksonville takes Mularkey as supposedly he has an interview there as well. I wonder if maybe these HC openings were on his mind and distracted him today??

biggrin.png...you a Miami fan?..doesn't have to be Miami, it could be a team in Timbuktoo for all I care. Just want him gone.

• Premium Member

Your Atlanta Hawks.... Atlanta's Team!

~lw3

You know what? I can live with that. The Hawks may make it hard to be a fan from time to time, but at least they show up for big games for the most part. I'd rather have a team play to the level of their competition (good or bad) than completely fold when it matters most. The Falcons have all of the pieces there. The OL is suspect but they play nasty which has worked all season. I can't understand why they've gotten destroyed in their last two Playoff games. There's no way the Giants defense is that good.

I am not sure why you all are so upset. If you are a real Falcon’s fan you know that this team lost just like we all knew they were going to. here are some facts

1. Matt Ryan is an average QB with a weak arm. You can win with him but you will not win alot if you need him to pass. Our record when turner runs for 100+ is like 25-2. That tells you everything you need to know about Ryan. Average

2. We gave up to much for Julio Jones. Its not that he isn’t talented but rather the fact that we have no one to get him the ball deep.

3. if we are going to keep Ryan we need to spare no expense on our defense.

4. We had better options at coach than Mike Smith. It seemed that they grabbed the first guy they saw (same can be said about Ryan)

I pull for the Falcons over any team but the Steelers. It's sad & pathetic that the Falcons do this every year. Something needs to be done. I don't like the play calling from the Falcons, nor their secondary on defense. Terrible.

Anyways, GO STEELERS!!!

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

Unsigned free agents: DE Abraham, C McClure, CB Grimes, RB Snelling, KR/WR Weems, QB Redman

No 1st rounders (due to the trade to Cleveland for Julio) barring a trade this year.

Free agents to pursue? Mario Williams comes to mind. Any Defensive Tackles?

~lw3

Dang I'm hearing people on my Dolphins forums calling him Melty Ice now... and these are guys who always say we made a mistake of taking Jake Long over Matt Ryan. I still think Ryan is a good QB but he doesn't have the arm to be able to win games in tough weather conditions when he's gotta go deep or make a long out throw.

I pray that the fins don't make MM our next coach. I"m not very impressed with the guys we interviewed. I think we interviewed the wrong Green Bay assistant. We should interview Winston Moss of the Packers, since it looks like Fisher is going to the Rams.

As for the Falcons, I feel for you guys. I can't place my finger on it, but it just seems the team is missing something. That killer instinct seems to be the biggest culprit with your squad. Just my opinion.