• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Pistons

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

SBNation Blog Goof du Jour.

How quickly can you find something wrong with this Detroit blog's "Keys to the Game"?

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/1/27/2752774/the-hawks-visit-the-pistons-wait-a-minute-is-that-jerry-stackhouse

Keys to the Game:

Start a Monroe/Jerebko frontcourt - With Monroe on Horford, it might be a bad idea to start Wallace on Smith. Jonas Jerebko can at least match Smith's energy and Wallace can be rotated in as Smith tires. The Monroe/Jerebko duo has had performances that suggest they could handle or best a frontcourt assignment like this one.

Stay in front of your man - Atlanta has one of the best isolation games in the league. They're also really good on post-up plays, but Monroe has been far above average on post-up defense this season. The problem will be those iso plays, where Johnson and Teague work to find some separation and toss up shots. It could be a great game for the long arms of

Austin Daye...

Feed the Moose - well it's not like you weren't expecting this. Atlanta plays at a slow pace too, so let's see some half-court play with

Greg Monroe in the high post.

Good to see Damien Wilkins getting floor time. We'll see if he starts again as he did against Miami a couple days ago.

~lw3

SBNation Blog Goof du Jour.

How quickly can you find something wrong with this Detroit blog's "Keys to the Game"?

http://www.detroitba...erry-stackhouse

Good to see Damien Wilkins getting floor time. We'll see if he starts again as he did against Miami a couple days ago.

~lw3

I found the first mistake with du Jour, but other than that I think it's pretty accurate. From your tone I'm guessing you didn't read the article about us signing Tito Horford to start at C for us until his son is ready to go?

• Like 1

• Moderators

That will be Monroe's easiest defensive assignment this year.

Interesting speculation about what the Hawks should do with their team:

1. trade hinrich for ben gordon
  2. amnesty joe (they make a good point that if we amnesty him this summer someone will end up paying the bulk of his salary vs. doing it when no one will bid on him)
  3. trade josh smith for a 1st round pick

we aren't currently highly regarded i guess.

• Moderators

That will be Monroe's easiest defensive assignment this year.

Interesting speculation about what the Hawks should do with their team:

1. trade hinrich for ben gordon
  2. amnesty joe (they make a good point that if we amnesty him this summer someone will end up paying the bulk of his salary vs. doing it when no one will bid on him)
  3. trade josh smith for a 1st round pick

we aren't currently highly regarded i guess.

This is such a stupid statement it makes me question the writer entirely:

Take

Ben Gordon

for example-- he'd give Atlanta 80% of Johnson's production at only 33% of the price.

Ben Gordon provides 80% of what JJ does in the way that Teague gives you 80% of what Chris Paul does.

No wonder Detroit can't play defense if his thinking was along these lines when he signed Ben Gordon to his contract -- which, by the way, is for $11.6 million this season and over $12 million next season (so much for 1/3 the cost).

Whoever wrote that article is clueless smh:

1. he is only taking Joe's offensive contribution in terms of ppg, not his defense, and his ability to play in the post that forces teams to double or his ability to play SF or even PG.

2. Ben Gordon's contract per year is not a 1/3 of JJ's - it is acutally more than half (BG-$11 mil, JJ - $17 mil) , he is calculating the 1/3 over the entire length of the contracts, Joe has 4 years while BG has 2 years.

3. We will be too small in the backcourt - besides no team ever doubles Gordon, all he can do is shoot.

4. He forgot to mention that BG will be 29 years in 3 months when talking about JJ's age.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Is Gordon even playing tonight??

No..out with shoulder injury, Will Bynum and Charlie V., also out...If we don't pummel this team tonight I will be sorely disappointed.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Anyone want to comment on how much better we looked in the 2nd half once Hinrich took over? I know that Teague is our future but he's gonna have to watch his back because Hinrich does things that help the whole team that Teague simply does not do, at least not yet.

Wow, joe johnson hittung a turnaround three was awesome! Tough play, but I thought marvun's three was even bigger, how do you leave him that wide open??

Whats with Coach Drew playing Joe, and Josh the entire 2nd half including overtime again.?? :(

Wow, joe johnson hitting a turnaround three was awesome! Tough play, but I thought marvin's three was even bigger, how do you leave him that wide open??

Whats with Coach Drew playing Joe, and Josh the entire 2nd half including overtime again.?? :(

Wow, joe johnson hittung a turnaround three was awesome! Tough play, but I thought marvun's three was even bigger, how do you leave him that wide open??

Wow, joe johnson hitting a turnaround three was awesome! Tough play, but I thought marvin's three was even bigger, how do you leave him that wide open??

You repeated that twice

You repeated that twice

;)

;)

Atlanta improved to 10-1 when Johnson scores at least 20. He said the tying shot at the end of the fourth quarter was tougher than it may have seemed.

"I jammed two fingers on my left hand," said Johnson, who went 1 for 9 from the field in the first half. "I couldn't really get my feeling back. I thought we were going to call a timeout, but nobody called a timeout, so I just did what I could to try to get a shot off."

Atlanta improved to 10-1 when Johnson scores at least 20. He said the tying shot at the end of the fourth quarter was tougher than it may have seemed.

"I jammed two fingers on my left hand," said Johnson, who went 1 for 9 from the field in the first half. "I couldn't really get my feeling back. I thought we were going to call a timeout, but nobody called a timeout, so I just did what I could to try to get a shot off."

I read somewhere else that it looked like he hurt himself on that play but I didn't catch it live. Truly makes that shot even more amazing though! Hope he won't have any problems with those fingers going forward.