• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Atlanta Hawks: Good fit for Fesenko?

EAambassador

• Admin

I don't really know anything about him. I read that we are also looking at Dampier and Gadzuric. Damp is done. I like Gads because he is a hustle guy who is a big body. He can rebound and work hard. I think he would be a decent guy to pickup to play 5 - 10 minutes a game.

He's okay. I liken him to Omer Aisk. He is not as skilled but similar types.

Give me any of Fesekno, Dampier or Gadz and I'll be happier than us doing nothing. We can't expect to get by with Ivan and Josh playing big minutes at the 5 and I'd rather not have Zaza and his awful hands playing the majority of the center minutes either.

• Like 1

Have to question his worth considering that he's a young big with a pulse. I remember he came into the league looking like Sabonis in his last stint and was thorougly benched by Sloan until he shaped up. Considering that he had a knee injury I have to imagine that he's back to 300+ which is what has scared teams off. Dampier's knee is bone on bone and he doesn't have 13 million on the line to fight through the pain for and Gadz is truly and I mean truly a terrible player that we'd be much better served waiting for RandMo to finish up in China and resigning.

I say we sign him. We have no other options right now and I'm pretty sure he give us the same production twin gives if not better. Never know we may stumble over another player who gives very productive minutes like Ivan. I must admit I don't like the work ethic questions especially on this team.

• Moderators

Of all the guys on the scrap heap we've considered in the last 3 years his highlights are the most impressive. And those were just last year. There must be a serious problem but who cares for a 10 day. If he could play remotely like that for us it would be extremely fortunate. A 7 footer who can actually play a little and Willie Green from the bargain bin in the same year?

I don't see what we would have to lose if we sign him. If he provides us with something/anything of significance it's a good thing. We will be no worse off if he doesn't.

You don't want to wear Ivan out playing him center full time.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

MC @ajc raised good points recently about his question marks (knee, conditioning), but a 7-foot-1 guy with no questions mark would probably be on a roster already anyway. Get a halfway decent rebounder and they're fine.

~lw3

Good point - we're going to have to roll the dice at Min money.

I don't see what we would have to lose if we sign him. If he provides us with something/anything of significance it's a good thing. We will be no worse off if he doesn't.

You don't want to wear Ivan out playing him center full time.

Yeah...as soon as we get another tough PF we start playing him at center again :-)

• Premium Member

Neither were the NY Giants early in their year.

Get AL back - fire our current coach - and make a run.

While LD has his flaws, this roster has serious issues. Even when healthy, they are undersized and flawed. Simply changing the coach is not going to fix that. More is needed.

My biggest question is: What is the front office afraid of? They will

make no move at all, good, bad or otherwise.

They are like a small child who is afraid of the dark. A big bad bugger

is going to grab them if they move. That's our GM and his cronies

and his bosses, the owners.

Who is at fault? Who knows. Someone is in the dark and afraid to

breathe loud. Something might hear them and grab them.

BOO!!

Neither were the NY Giants early in their year.

Get AL back - fire our current coach - and make a run.

I think our current coach was pretty good when he had a healthy starting 5. Had our players hit their FTs we would have beaten the Bulls and Heat 4 times in the same week and he took a much better Bulls team to 6 games in the playoffs last year with basically 1 PG who had little experience, and he beat a Magic team that under the previous coach had beaten the tar out of us.

LD is unfairly getting too much criticism around here and people have too high of an expectation for this roster as it stands today with Al out.

Anything will be better than watching za-za fumble away easy passes all game.

He definitely has awful hands! ... but at the same time Josh shouldn't be trying to throw bounce passes and difficult to handle passes to our clumsy center on the break.

I think our current coach was pretty good when he had a healthy starting 5. Had our players hit their FTs we would have beaten the Bulls and Heat 4 times in the same week and he took a much better Bulls team to 6 games in the playoffs last year with basically 1 PG who had little experience, and he beat a Magic team that under the previous coach had beaten the tar out of us.

LD is unfairly getting too much criticism around here and people have too high of an expectation for this roster as it stands today with Al out.

He definitely has awful hands! ... but at the same time Josh shouldn't be trying to throw bounce passes and difficult to handle passes to our clumsy center on the break.

That is why Josh should never be handling the ball on the break. Time and time again, Josh grabs a rebound and instead of passing the ball to a guard to bring up the court he brings it up instead of running the break hard. Josh can be getting some easy shots in transition if he would give the effing ball up. This is about the only thing that Josh does consistently, not giving the ball up after a rebound.lol.gif

Edited by JayBirdHawk