• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Every time I get my hopes up they kill me

arhawkfan

No heart = Hawks

Once again Joe can provide no relief when the wheels start to come off. You know, like an all-star should be able to. Why joe gets a pass for these performances is beyond me. Joe hasnt had a rebound in the last 2 games.

Joe is pretty terrible unless the Hawks are playing a bad team.

The Hawks had a good start to the season, but I went dumb and bought into it. WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Our PGs...IMO...are not the problem. It's just that the rest of our team is slow...sometimes mind-numbingly slow. JJ has gone from the hot free agent who could do it all (I think it took two games to figure out he couldn't play PG) - to a guy who should be an under-athletic SF (with skills). Marvin is approaching goof-ball status. The guy is 6-9 and is WAY too slow and fattish heavy to be a finisher at SF. SFs are expected to be quick and EXPLOSIVE. H#ll he can't even dunk unless he has a run at it.

Smoove is athletic as heck and gets rebounds and does great stuff - but he is a long strider and not exactly fast. He is good at running down on defense but he isn't flash-quick.

Zaza is slow as the glaciers trudging towards the sea.

Our backups have skills but they are all slow. Ivan is a 27 year old rookie and he is our quickest/fastest big when it comes to making a play..

Edited by DJlaysitup

You are right and I almost traveled to go to that game. The Hawks look like they were defeated before the game started. I heard that all four players for the hawks averaging double figures shot 13 for 41. Is that just a bad night or are we just not good against the tougher defenses. The Hawks are showing easily exploitable weaknesses.

Our PGs...IMO...are not the problem. It's just that the rest of our team is slow...sometimes mind-numbingly slow. JJ has gone from the hot free agent who could do it all (I think it took two games to figure out he couldn't play PG) - to a guy who should be an under-athletic SF (with skills). Marvin is approaching goof-ball status. The guy is 6-9 and is WAY too slow and fattish heavy to be a finisher at SF. SFs are expected to be quick and EXPLOSIVE. H#ll he can't even dunk unless he has a run at it.

Smoove is athletic as heck and gets rebounds and does great stuff - but he is a long strider and not exactly fast. He is good at running down on defense but he isn't flash-quick.

Zaza is slow as the glaciers trudging towards the sea.

Our backups have skills but they are all slow. Ivan is a 27 year old rookie and he is our quickest/fastest big when it comes to making a play..

One of the main reasons why we can't run after a good defensive play is because more likely than not Josh gets the rebound and instead of passing it to Teague to run and set up the offense, Josh keeps the ball and walks/jogs it up court. Josh has to give it up and run hard to the basket. This is one thing that bugs me to end as it happens time and time again.

Ajc article this morning responds to owners complaining about bad press. A must read

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/02/13/an-appreciation-of-the-greatness-that-is-the-atlanta-hawks/

Is this it? I am certainly fed up with the A$G, events like yesterday just piss me off to no end. I believe the frequency at which we have the "well these games happen once a year" has actually increased this year from last. Getting blown out at home should be inexcusable and it only leads to fans not giving a flying f*** about the team even more.

That was a pretty funny article. One of Bradley's best efforts.

As for the Hawks, the sad part is there is no real way out of this. A "big trade" is not likely to do anything but replace one or two inconsistant players with some other ones. Its not like they could get someone to turn them into an elite team. Firing the coach is not going to solve the problem - I don't think Phil Jackson could work a miricle with this bunch. (I think he would probably add some wins, and prevent some blowouts, but he's not going to work a miricle.) Fire Sund. Might help a number of years down the road, after new players come in.

• Moderators

If i'm the owner i would have to make some kind of move. You can't have people leaving your product disgusted with the experience. I think there are moves to be had out there but it involves vision and risk. But what's really riskier letting your product continue to be a running joke or do something about it. And if you don't think the hawks are a joke then you didn't listen to the espn commentary. I know those guys are asses but remember its not what you are but what people think you are that matters.

I think the expectations of this team without Al is waaaaay to high. The nice win clip versus the scrubs after he first went down was cool. But now, we have to be more realistic. Hell, we got blown out at an unprecedented level for a winning team last year with Al! Do yourselves a favor and follow great basketball that goes on elsewhere in the league. What Jeremy Lin is doing is 100x more important to the league than what we're doing.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I turned the game off at the end of the 2nd half. I saw a team that was already looking defeated. I saw a coach who looked clueless. Alot of you started having dreams of a championship parade on peachtree because we beat a few scrubs teams. Even with Al we would still be in the same boat. You all talking about how Josh Smith should have been an allstar. No one was ever saying that we we suppose to beat them by 20 but last night was horrible.

• Moderators

I think the expectations of this team without Al is waaaaay to high. The nice win clip versus the scrubs after he first went down was cool. But now, we have to be more realistic. Hell, we got blown out at an unprecedented level for a winning team last year with Al! Do yourselves a favor and follow great basketball that goes on elsewhere in the league. What Jeremy Lin is doing is 100x more important to the league than what we're doing.

I understand what you're saying about the expectations being too high but i don't really understand what Lin has to do with it. If we had lost a competitive game to the Heat I don't think many would be complaining. As you said we laid these eggs even with Al so really the question is what are we going to do to be a compelling team.

I understand what you're saying about the expectations being too high but i don't really understand what Lin has to do with it.

He doesn't have anything to do with us of course, but I was just saying that as a basketball fan first, Hawks fan second, there are much more compelling things going on. Watching Lin electrify the Garden at Kobe's expense was much more exciting than anything you could see at Phillips. With every game, he's setting records for scoring to start his career. The references to other teams' players will stop now, Dolfan. Let's keep our hopes low so we can burst with joy when we finally beat Philly.

Edited by benhillboy

He doesn't have anything to do with us of course, but I was just saying that as a basketball fan first, Hawks fan second, there are much more compelling things going on. Watching Lin electrify the Garden at Kobe's expense was much more exciting than anything you could see at Phillips. With every game, he's setting records for scoring to start his career. The references to other teams' players will stop now, Dolfan. Let's keep our hopes low so we can burst with joy when we finally beat Philly.

Alot of folks are the opposite, I'm Hawks fan first. I invest my time for the Hawks. Seeing other teams win has no real emotional connect for me. What sucks is that we don't seem to ever have Lin. None of our teams do. We never have the Lebron or Kobe. Other guys get superman, we get the Green Arrow. Yeah, he can kick the local thugs, butt