• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Marvin wants Out?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Marvin is indicative of a generation of young folks who don't do squat but feels entitled to receive the world. He has never earned a starting role but yet he had one handed to him continuously. The Hawks and the ASG has been guilty of bad parenting. Nothing good ever comes from just handing a player unmerited benefits. Those same players become unappreciative and they rarely understand how good they got it. That's Marvin. He has robbed the Hawks for over 50 Million dollars and now when real players show up and consistently out play him, he wants to take his ball and leave? This is the truth, people have blamed Al Harrington, Josh Childress, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, and even T-Mac. The truth is that the real cancer on this Hawks squad is and always has been Marvin. His presence is cancerous. His presence represents what we gave up to get an ungrateful, Lazy, out of shape Buster who never has earned 1 minute of starting time. Let's rid ourselves of this BK error once and for All.

• Like 3

Marvin is indicative of a generation of young folks who don't do squat but feels entitled to receive the world. He has never earned a starting role but yet he had one handed to him continuously. The Hawks and the ASG has been guilty of bad parenting. Nothing good ever comes from just handing a player unmerited benefits. Those same players become unappreciative and they rarely understand how good they got it. That's Marvin. He has robbed the Hawks for over 50 Million dollars and now when real players show up and consistently out play him, he wants to take his ball and leave? This is the truth, people have blamed Al Harrington, Josh Childress, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, and even T-Mac. The truth is that the real cancer on this Hawks squad is and always has been Marvin. His presence is cancerous. His presence represents what we gave up to get an ungrateful, Lazy, out of shape Buster who never has earned 1 minute of starting time. Let's rid ourselves of this BK error once and for All.

This is hilarious that Marvin wants a trade. Really, he hasn't accomplished squat in this league and has been a huge disappointment. But he has never seemed like a bad guy or a cancer. If anything, he's just been a quiet go about his business type of guy. I hope that some team does see him as a valuable addition to their team and we can rid ourselves of his contract but let's be realistic about him being a cancer. I think the cancer that is growing in the hawks team right now is Joe's contract vs. performance, lack of confidence in coaching and just flat out lack of confidence.

• Premium Member

A "cancer" that all of the core players have at one time or another said they love like a brother. Sounds like a cancer to me!

Stop reaching Diesel, we all know you hate Marvin and have since before he was drafted.

Everybody knows it. Marvin was picked over better players. You don't think when Chris Paul Comes to town that Joe doesn't think about what could have been. Would he say it to Marvin? Probably not, but it definitely has crossed his mind. Remember it was Joe who look around and said, I need some better players. It was Joe who looked at Jamal and said this guy is what we have needed as a team. Who knows how many times Smoove has been bothered by Marvin's non-impact.

There's no reach. Just wait a few days and you will hear truth.

This is hilarious that Marvin wants a trade. Really, he hasn't accomplished squat in this league and has been a huge disappointment. But he has never seemed like a bad guy or a cancer. If anything, he's just been a quiet go about his business type of guy. I hope that some team does see him as a valuable addition to their team and we can rid ourselves of his contract but let's be realistic about him being a cancer. I think the cancer that is growing in the hawks team right now is Joe's contract vs. performance, lack of confidence in coaching and just flat out lack of confidence.

When you look at all the guys we had to get rid of in order to give Marvin a chance... it's Cancerous. Had Marvin made this statement last year, J-Craw would still be here and Marvin would be gone.

Dolfan, Are you a Marvin Williams Apologist??

In your opinion, what has Marvin done to deserve your defense of him?

• Like 1

Everybody knows it. Marvin was picked over better players. You don't think when Chris Paul Comes to town that Joe doesn't think about what could have been. Would he say it to Marvin? Probably not, but it definitely has crossed his mind. Remember it was Joe who look around and said, I need some better players. It was Joe who looked at Jamal and said this guy is what we have needed as a team. Who knows how many times Smoove has been bothered by Marvin's non-impact.

There's no reach. Just wait a few days and you will hear truth.

When you look at all the guys we had to get rid of in order to give Marvin a chance... it's Cancerous. Had Marvin made this statement last year, J-Craw would still be here and Marvin would be gone.

Well according to your line of reasoning, Joe is cancerous and needs to be asking himself right now if teammates aren't looking at his contract and his production and thinking how much better that money could have been spent and how much better the team could be if there were more financial room to make moves. Look, I'm with you on Marvin as a bust and big time mistake for this franchise. He will always be the guy that was picked over Paul and Deron Williams. But that's Knight's mistake. Marvin couldn't help where he was drafted.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Marv is not a cancer he just doesn't wanna play on this garbage team

who can blame him

Marvin is the garbage. He's making 8.5 Million dollars this year to scratch his butt and make excuses and NOW to complain about his role. This is the first time that I have ever seen a Robbery in progress and the burglar stop what he was doing, take off his mask and complain about the fact that he had to break into the house to get the money.

• Like 2

Marvin is the garbage. He's making 8.5 Million dollars this year to scratch his butt and make excuses and NOW to complain about his role. This is the first time that I have ever seen a Robbery in progress and the burglar stop what he was doing, take off his mask and complain about the fact that he had to break into the house to get the money.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!

• Premium Member

Well according to your line of reasoning, Joe is cancerous and needs to be asking himself right now if teammates aren't looking at his contract and his production and thinking how much better that money could have been spent and how much better the team could be if there were more financial room to make moves. Look, I'm with you on Marvin as a bust and big time mistake for this franchise. He will always be the guy that was picked over Paul and Deron Williams. But that's Knight's mistake. Marvin couldn't help where he was drafted.

No, there's a great difference between Joe and Marvin. Joe makes and impact and has been making one for the last 6 yrs. Let's do this..

Let's forget about how much each player makes and just look at what each guy does on the court.

Your problem with Joe is his contract.

My problem with Marvin is HIS LACK OF IMPACT on the Floor.

There's a big difference between the two.

• Like 1

Awesome news, that is if we can get something back. Be has run his course here, and a change of scenery would be good for him. A good Western Conference coach like a Pop or Carlisle should be able to maximize Marvin's, ahem, potential.

Benhill...I sense some sarcasm here...

Marvin is a six foot eight player that doesn't have any handles which in turn doesn not allow him to create his own shot...He is not a particularly good rebounder, is not a great finisher and is clearly out of shape...

Other than that he is a steal for another team :)

No, there's a great difference between Joe and Marvin. Joe makes and impact and has been making one for the last 6 yrs. Let's do this..

Let's forget about how much each player makes and just look at what each guy does on the court.

Your problem with Joe is his contract.

My problem with Marvin is HIS LACK OF IMPACT on the Floor.

There's a big difference between the two.

I'm not going to turn this into a Joe thread. We've been through this before with Joe. You separate his pay from his impact and analyze half of the picture with him. I analyze the entire picture and quite frankly, both stink and are directly related. His impact on the court, if you were to be able to fairly monetize it, would be a guy getting paid 10-12 million. He's making much more than that and doesn't seem to be getting the slightest bit better. Look at his stats the last several years. But we are mostly in agreement about Marvin, with the exception of him being a cancer. We will see if this brings out some revelations about Marv's true character but heretofore, nobody has had anything negative to say about him as far as teammates go.

• Premium Member

I agree with everything Diesel is saying in this thread. Marvin talking about wanting out after everything he's cost this team in terms of what players we could have had and the 50 million (using Diesel's figures, I'm sure he's right) he's collected for being a COLOSSAL bust is just mind boggling. The sheer chutzpah for him to talk about wanting out is just ....wow. Wow. I truly hope he gets his wish and we trade him off to someone else.

I agree with everything Diesel is saying in this thread. Marvin talking about wanting out after everything he's cost this team in terms of what players we could have had and the 50 million (using Diesel's figures, I'm sure he's right) he's collected for being a COLOSSAL bust is just mind boggling. The sheer chutzpah for him to talk about wanting out is just ....wow. Wow. I truly hope he gets his wish and we trade him off to someone else.

So it's Marvin's fault that the Hawks drafted him at #2? It's Marvin's fault that the Hawks gave him his most recent contract? And God forbid anyone who's been in their job for 6 years and wants to try and become a bigger part of their organization actually says something about it and tries to do it. Damn Marvin is just an awful, awful human being isn't he.

• Premium Member

So it's Marvin's fault that the Hawks drafted him at #2? It's Marvin's fault that the Hawks gave him his most recent contract? And God forbid anyone who's been in their job for 6 years and wants to try and become a bigger part of their organization actually says something about it and tries to do it. Damn Marvin is just an awful, awful human being isn't he.

It is Marvin's fault for not realizing his potential.

Is is Marvin's fault for spending offseasons playing Xbox instead of improving his game.

It is Marvin's fault for timidly accepting being a forgotten man on offense.

it is Marvin's fault for not being more vocal as a veteran player and supposed leader.

It is Marvin's fault for letting it get out he wants out of Atlanta and becoming a negative instead of a positive.

No one can blame him for being drafted #2 and for getting whatever the Hawks thought he was worth in terms of a contract extension. But it is absolutely on his shoulders for every item on my list above. That's on him. He is absolutely held accountable for those things. When you take those things into account and have him asking for a trade, I'm sorry, the temerity of it is just unreal.

• Like 2