• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here we go again! Down by 25 at the half! WTF!

JackB1

This is getting so embarrassing. We are so horrible right now, how can every quality team make us look like a team of D Leaguers? How many jumpers do I have to watch Josh take? How many times will Marvin NOT finnish at the rim? How many sloppy passes will the Hawks throw away? How many more games will we come out with no energy?

Can't wait to hear Drews post game conference :).

How many will we lose by tonite? 30?40?

The ASG should step up and fire Drew after this debacle and beg somebody to come here and kick butt and coach this group of no heart losers.

• Like 1

I can remember people saying Marvin had lost the duck walk when that pre-season video was posted. I watched it and for the life of me couldn't see anything different other than he looked a little slimmer. As for the Broussard report, Marvin may not have said exactly what was reported he said but nonetheless, he had a chance tonight to show any glimpse of why he is a legit player in this league and he couldn't do squat no matter how hard he looked and tried. I'm telling you that this team could sign a d-leaguer to take Marvin's minutes and we would probably be upgraded at small forward. I mean it's excruciating to see him try to drive and continually wind up on his butt because he can't elevate and keep his coordination.

Josh started off okay with the exception of the jumpers(big surprise) but even he wound up with a lackluster night. Let's face it folks. This team is going to fall below .500 and we are not making the playoffs unless a miracle happens. That miracle would be a major trade that benefits us and I hate to say it because I don't dislike Drew, but he needs to go. He can't get this team to play for him. Whether that's his fault or not, I really don't know. We just look completely lost and only hot 3 point spurts are what are making these 30 point deficit games look a little better at the end.

Edited by Eddielives
  • Like 1

Josh was one of the only players out there trying tonight.. So you can save that jumper talk.. Marvin Williams still looks clumsy even with the back surgery, smfh.

Tried so hard he had a +/- of -25 tonight ... but I know stats don't mean anything, except of course when they show Josh in a good light.

• Like 1

Josh was *ss too. I don't know what Hawksfan is talking about

If you weren't Stackhouse or Pargo, you were *ss tonight.

I saw this quote from LD after the game:

“We can’t allow any adversity to step in to the fact where we fragment when the situations are what they are — given our schedule, that we have key players out,” Drew said. “We have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep marching on.”

http://www.ajc.com/s...xtype=rss_hawks

Of course it immediately made me think of the "Inside Chappelle's Show Studio". Little foot...big foot...

http://www.comedycen...les-show-studio

• Premium Member

Josh was one of the only players out there trying tonight.. So you can save that jumper talk.. Marvin Williams still looks clumsy even with the back surgery, smfh.

Are you Josh's mother? Wife? Sister, maybe? I don't understand all this love. Josh was just as horrible as the rest of the team, no exceptions,

• Like 1

You don't get points for "trying". Josh was terrible. So many bad passes,bad shots, bad decisions, bad fouls, just bad every way you slice it.

They just need to blow the whole thing up and start over. The team is just a bad collection of egos, talent, coaching, and ownership. It doesn't look like ownership will change, so hopefully the owners will finally recognize this team is flawed to the core (pun intended).

Y'all seem to ne upset lol.... But I will continue to seak my mind and careless what anyone thinks about me doing so. Don't like my posts? Try skipping over them next time. Sincerely hawksfan87 smile3.gif

Be*

*speak

Curious why she changed her name from jsmoovefan. It's cool to be a fan of a particular player but not to the point where you lose complete objectivity.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Tried so hard he had a +/- of -25 tonight ... but I know stats don't mean anything, except of course when they show Josh in a good light.

Come on you can't judge just by looking at the box score. The whole team sucked. When the team gets blown out by 25 chances are the guy who plays the most minutes is going ot have a terrible +/-. I'm not saying Josh looked great but if we're expecting him to carry this team by himself that ain't happening.

I'm on the fence with Josh. As much as i think he's a great talent I'm thinking that Atlanta is the wrong team for him.

Come on you can't judge just by looking at the box score. The whole team sucked. When the team gets blown out by 25 chances are the guy who plays the most minutes is going ot have a terrible +/-. I'm not saying Josh looked great but if we're expecting him to carry this team by himself that ain't happening.

I'm on the fence with Josh. As much as i think he's a great talent I'm thinking that Atlanta is the wrong team for him.

That's the only way I could judge since I didn't get to see them game. And I can't remember but I think that somewhere else I did say that stats or +/- don't tell the whole story, but Josh was clearly on the court for the parts of the game where our team performed the worst and +/- does reflect that accurately. And I definitely said it looks like our whole team was bad and all of them probably deserve to be trashed if any single player does.

This is getting so embarrassing. We are so horrible right now, how can every quality team make us look like a team of D Leaguers? How many jumpers do I have to watch Josh take? How many times will Marvin NOT finnish at the rim? How many sloppy passes will the Hawks throw away? How many more games will we come out with no energy?

Can't wait to hear Drews post game conference smile3.gif.

How many will we lose by tonite? 30?40?

The ASG should step up and fire Drew after this debacle and beg somebody to come here and kick butt and coach this group of no heart losers.

As far as how many we have been losing by - we have to remember that when a team slaughters you in the first half...they tend to let up in the second.

So when you are down 25 at the half you really don't have to worry about losing the overall game by much more than that.

What this really says is - we are having serious problems simply making games competitive for a half...much less taking games down to the wire.

Somebody said on sportsradio this morning that New Orleans has 8 blowout losses this year of 10 points or more...and the Hawks have 10. I didn't check the caller's stats, but if he is right, that really says something about our effort. N.O. doesn't have much.

• Moderators

But I will continue to seak my mind and careless what anyone thinks about me doing so.

I am only disappointed that someone who obviously likes Josh so much believes so little in the mental part of his game that you seem to think he can't be held accountable for his decisions. Josh is a man and as such is responsible for making the right decisions in games just as much as he is responsible for playing hard. Both are conscious choices. Children get a free pass on things when they make bad decisions because we know they can't understand certain things and aren't responsible enough to be judged like an adult. IMO, Josh is leader on this team and enough of an adult to be responsible for his decision-making. Hence, when he runs the break himself or shoots jumpers that the other team wants him to shoot then I absolutely think he should be accountable for those decisions just as much as if he was dogging it on the court.

I hope you respect him enough to hold him accountable as well.

• Like 2