• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x3: Diesel's Dwight Howard threads

Diesel

I'd be more likely to expect that Kirk goes than Marvin. I think there are several teams that could use some help at the guard spot to improve thier playoff chances. We are in luxory tax territory now, so something has got to give.

Notice his top three teams have billionaire owners or a franchise with very deep pockets. If the Mueruelo transaction had gone down maybe his views on hawks ownership would change.

I still think he would not opt out and give it another year in Atlanta.

If we did trade for Dwight and he opted out after this season, would Atlanta have the option to Sign & Trade him to get something of value back for him or would we be completely without any return for him if he left?

Anyone else feel that the trade involving Howard will include about 3 to 4 teams?

I mean, it would have to be if the team getting Howard doesn't want to completely destroy their team in the process.

• Premium Member

I think it would be the height of foolhardiness to trade away the assets it would take to get Howard for just a half season rental of him. The only way I'd be ok making that trade is if he had to sign the extension as part of the trade. This isn't baseball where you can give up some middling prospects to shore up a bullpen or find a bat on the bench for a half season rental.

I wish we could could keep Horford to make this deal happen, we already know that for Howard to come to the Hawks is if Smoove stays... Maybe we could match up the contracts by sending Horford or Joe instead of both, and throwing in like zaza, Marvin, and Hinrich. Personally id like to keep Horford and put him at PF, I could live without Joe and his waste of a max deal. Ever since Joe acquired the max deal he hasn't played worth a crap.

• Like 1

oh most definitely, the Hawks would have two of the top shot blockers in the league... i don't care how good the heat are, they wouldn't be able to drive the ball.

I agree with exception that the heat wouldn't be able to drive the ball. They still would get penetration just to try to get Howard in foul trouble. But I DEFINITELY think that we could easily turn them into a jumpshooting team and beat them.

I disagree with Ben hill boy on the fact that I would take Josh over Bosh. I know Bosh bball IQ and jumper is better, but rebounding, defense, and passing, is Josh all day and Josh and score with Bosh in the playoffs. For the most part, Josh shows up in the playoffs. I understand he has a bad game here/there in the post-season, but he still brings it.

And Dwight is just the player to make them a jumpshooting team. That dude's athleticism and wingspan is ridiculous. It's like Shawn Kemp vertical (not quite) with a 7'7 wingspan.

Dwight +Turk for Horf + Marvin on paper is an upgrade of collusion investigation proportion. Everyone being healthy, that series is over in 5.

You can't double Joe in that scenario, you can't double Josh in the post without dunks for Dwight and vice versa, you have 3 legit 3 point shooters on the floor and you can challenge from both sides of the paint. That team is a defensive nightmare for anyone.

I love Horf but you can't compare his impact to Dwight all around.

I'm just not on the Dwight Bandwagon like most here, and probably more of a LeBron fan than anyone here, so eh. The man can defend and sometimes play both ends of all 5 positions depending on matchups and shoot well over 50% scoring over 30. Oh yeah, throw in a top 5 All-Time Shooting Guard just as a cherry on top. You need a few Hall of Famers on the court and sideline to combat that (see Mavericks). With Dwight, we only would have one who's offensively challenged. I realize the Josh fandom see-saws from morning to night so depending on him is always a stretch. Even his strongest supporters know that.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

You guys are funny.

Let me tell you this rule.

NO risk, no reward. Certainly, going after Dwight with Horford is a risk... BUT.... There's a great possibility for reward here. He already likes Smoove. He's from here. He's grew up wanting to be a Hawk. It's up to this city to make him want to stay. I think we can do it. Really, it will be loads of pressure from Childhood memories to packed arenas playing next to his best friend to the opportunity to have a Big three here in Atlanta and play for a championship.

Some of you guys would rather sit back and watch us continue to be OK but not good enough and to provide the league with players. No risk, no reward.

If Otis bites on the deal I have outlined, we better take it and act accordingly. And even if he leaves, we can get him to work a SNT for us or we can get another C but all is not lost because we lose Horford... My goodness....

• Premium Member

Dwight +Turk for Horf + Marvin on paper is an upgrade of collusion investigation proportion. Everyone being healthy, that series is over in 5.

You can't double Joe in that scenario, you can't double Josh in the post without dunks for Dwight and vice versa, you have 3 legit 3 point shooters on the floor and you can challenge from both sides of the paint. That team is a defensive nightmare for anyone.

I love Horf but you can't compare his impact to Dwight all around.

Can you imagine the turmoil in Miami once they realize that Joe, Josh, and Dwight will be waiting on them for years to come?

It's like Wilt and the 76ers knowing that the Celtics would be there. It's like the league knowing that the Bulls were on their championship dynasty...

For BenhillBoy...

Let me let you in on a secret that nobody ever mentions...

Lebron is a choker.

He has never won nothing. Ever. So you wonder why he can be so dominant in the season and disappear in the postseason... Look over his history.

You guys are funny.

Let me tell you this rule.

NO risk, no reward. Certainly, going after Dwight with Horford is a risk... BUT.... There's a great possibility for reward here. He already likes Smoove. He's from here. He's grew up wanting to be a Hawk. It's up to this city to make him want to stay. I think we can do it. Really, it will be loads of pressure from Childhood memories to packed arenas playing next to his best friend to the opportunity to have a Big three here in Atlanta and play for a championship.

Some of you guys would rather sit back and watch us continue to be OK but not good enough and to provide the league with players. No risk, no reward.

If Otis bites on the deal I have outlined, we better take it and act accordingly. And even if he leaves, we can get him to work a SNT for us or we can get another C but all is not lost because we lose Horford... My goodness....

If D12 had any and I mean any kind of sentiment to playing in his home town, he would have at least added the Hawks to his list of teams. We are not even a blip on his radar.

We can get another C? - This is one of the hardest positions to fill.

If D12 had any and I mean any kind of sentiment to playing in his home town, he would have at least added the Hawks to his list of teams. We are not even a blip on his radar.

Maybe it's the 'Cuse fan in me but I'd find a way to draft Fab Melo next year. He's raw offensively but he's big and he's going to be a very good defender and rebounder in the NBA and he's a true C.

Lebron is a choker.

He has never won nothing. Ever.

Not to defend the guy too much, but it's just a difference of philosophy between us. No individual player has ever won anything by themselves in a team sport. Furthermore, it's a slap in the face to the Spurs and Mavericks championship teams who I'm sure feel like they earned their O'Brian trophies with no help from LeBron. What would your boy Joe do with a team as poorly talented as that Cavs team? Double-digit regular season wins, maybe? Sometimes I wonder if people actually saw that performance against the Pistons on his way to the Finals. If you did, calling him a choker is totally blasphemous. The kid has a rap sheet of things NO ONE has EVER done in the league. Youre the last person I want to start a debate with though, D. You don't quit, no matter how dead wrong you are (insert sarcasm here). We agree to disagree. Even with his weaknesses in jump shooting and free throws, LeBron is a f&@king basketball God. Go Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy

Lebron is without a doubt one of the best players in our lifetime but he crumbles under pressure and there is countless evidence supporting that. There's a reason why when they survey GMs about who they'd want taking the last shot Kobe Bryant is the name that comes up 9 times out of 10, even with Lebron probably being the better player now. Heck you can look at the All-Star game and see an example in a meaningless game where Lebron didn't take the shot to win it when he could have and he's been doing that since he came into the league, deferring to an inferior teammate for the last shot.

• Premium Member

Not so. We can get another C. Not necessarily an alltime great, but there are some that will be available. However, if Howard still wants to go, I would try a SNT of him to NJ for Lopez.

• Premium Member

Not to defend the guy too much, but it's just a difference of philosophy between us. No individual player has ever won anything by themselves in a team sport. Furthermore, it's a slap in the face to the Spurs and Mavericks championship teams who I'm sure feel like they earned their O'Brian trophies with no help from LeBron. What would your boy Joe do with a team as poorly talented as that Cavs team? Double-digit regular season wins, maybe? Sometimes I wonder if people actually saw that performance against the Pistons on his way to the Finals. If you did, calling him a choker is totally blasphemous. The kid has a rap sheet of things NO ONE has EVER done in the league. Youre the last person I want to start a debate with though, D. You don't quit, no matter how dead wrong you are (insert sarcasm here). We agree to disagree. Even with his weaknesses in jump shooting and free throws, LeBron is a f&@king basketball God. Go Hawks.

If Lebron was a f&@king basketball God, he would have shook D-12's hand after losing the ECF.

If Lebron was a f&@king basketball God, he wouldn't have played wimp last year before and after the season.

I'm not saying he's not good. I'm not saying that he's not one of the best ever. What I am saying is that he chokes. He knows he chokes. He went to Miami to take the pressure off of himself because he chokes... and what happened last year? Mr. Disappearing acts did his thing again. He choked. He made a Movie... It should have been called, watch us dominate and Choke at the end.

This is what not choking looks like...

Kobe-Bryant-5-Rings.jpg

michael_jordan_trophy_rings2.jpg

or maybe this...

celtics-bill-russell-rings(2).jpg

Lebron... We're waiting!!!