• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopsworld's Steve Kyler twitters that Smoove could be NJ-bound today

sturt

I am all in as long as Lopez is the least we get in return...

That would make plenty of sense.

Lopez never midded a game in his 1st three seasons so his injury does not worry me as much as other bigs like Kaman and Bogut...............plus Lopez is still only 23.

Edited by coachx

Lopez is out for the year with a injured foot/ankle. I don't like bigs with recurring foot problems. BTW Aren't they trading Brook for Dwight?

Its just an ankle sprain..................he never missed a game in his first 3 years.

Magic reportedly want much more then Lopez for Dwight. Rumors are the Bulls are offering: Deng. Boozer, Asik, and the Bobcats 1st round pick.

Why would we want Brooks? Sell me...

It's Brook Lopez not Marshon Brooks. That's the main reason I don't want Lopez is that too many on here call him Brooks, drives me nuts! [/rant]

Seriously though Lopez scares me with his recent injury history, but he's a legit post scorer, has a solid J, career rebounding numbers aren't great but rival Smooves, and he's a quality shot blocker. He's had some monster games against the Hawks too.

I'd give my left umm you know if Marshon Brooks were coming with him!

It's Brook Lopez not Marshon Brooks. That's the main reason I don't want Lopez is that too many on here call him Brooks, drives me nuts! [/rant]

Seriously though Lopez scares me with his recent injury history, but he's a legit post scorer, has a solid J, career rebounding numbers aren't great but rival Smooves, and he's a quality shot blocker. He's had some monster games against the Hawks too.

I can't see why NJ would do it unless they have given up on Dwight. Or they think he is coming during FA. Can NJ even do that?

Deron-Smoove-D12 Big 3 in NJ would make me furious.

• Like 1

If that happens we better get Humphries,Lopez is always hurt and can't rebound

His career rebound #'s are almost the same as Josh Smith (7.5 rpg vs. 7.9 rpg).

Lopez is only an average rebounder but a very good post scorer........which is the Hawks primary deficiency.

Plus he plays the all important center position and turns just 24 years old on April 1st.

I can't see why NJ would do it unless they have given up on Dwight. Or they think he is coming during FA. Can NJ even do that?

Deron-Smoove-D12 Big 3 in NJ would make me furious.

My thinking is Orlando are hanging on to Dwight past the deadline and NJ will sign Dwight in the offseason. Haven't checked but I'm thinking they could make that big 3 happen.

I know it was in reference to Brook Lopez. I just dont see him being a better player than Josh. As Nique always says, one bads teams such as NJ you will always have players that score 20+ PPG and 10 RPG because nobody else is putting up these stats. It's more impressive to put up these stats on a team thats been in the playoffs for the past 5 years. AKA Josh Smith > Brook Lopez

I know it was in reference to Brook Lopez. I just dont see him being a better player than Josh. As Nique always says, one bads teams such as NJ you will always have players that score 20+ PPG and 10 RPG because nobody else is putting up these stats. It's more impressive to put up these stats on a team thats been in the playoffs for the past 5 years. AKA Josh Smith > Brook Lopez

Lopez is every bit as good as Josh although he's not as versatile but he's a center so that alone gives more value. Plus Josh clearly wants out and nobody is going to give us more than Lopez for him.

• Like 1

Lopez could be a great get if you ask me. A true center with Post Skills.

Al moves to PF.

I have a feeling if this deal is made...it is to get Dwight in the offseason

I agree with them trying to get D12 in the offseason. Its a big risk for both Orlando to hold on to Dwight and for NJ to count on him coming there.

Lopez will be a great get for us in the post and the great thing is we only gave up one player off our team.