• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks at Nuggets

benhillboy

What does that have to do with the 1 foul shot he missed in this game? Should I quote stats from him 5 years ago?? You know he is our backup point guard, right? You know he missed training camp and over a month of the regular season games in a greatly condensed season, right? No one is claiming the guy is an all-star, but he did have a really good game tonight.

But that's fine, keep being negative. To each their own.

Im sure if we would have won this game, he would have been praising Kirk. Just how some fans are.

They'll fail to win anything that matters. Just like this team.

Well since you are talking about them not having their go to guy. Why dont you look at the NYK who have that go to guy. There old go to guy. Carmelo. Who aint doin s***.This Denver team is better than the one when Carmelo was there.

Im sure if we would have won this game, he would have been praising Kirk. Just how some fans are.

You would think that, but I am pretty sure that wouldn't be the case. There would still be plenty of things to point out that make the Hawks so terrible.

You're acting real brand new around here ... oh wait you haven't been a part of more than a decade of scrooge hating on the Hawks 99% of the time. The only time Hotlanta ever says anything good about the team he puts a hex on us.

You're acting real brand new around here ... oh wait you haven't been a part of more than a decade of scrooge hating on the Hawks 99% of the time. The only time Hotlanta ever says anything good about the team he puts a hex on us.

Lol i am new to the site yes. But ive been a hawks fan since the 12 win season. And thats when i started to like this team when they were terrible.. Thats how you know im a real fan.

Lol i am new to the site yes. But ive been a hawks fan since the 12 win season. And thats when i started to like this team when they were terrible.. Thats how you know im a real fan.

And we're glad to have you! I guess most of us around here have accepted who Hotlanta is and don't expect him to praise anyone. You'll get use to it eventually. He's been this way since before we were an EZBoard back in the 90's and possibly before that.

I guess if you consider being a minor speed bump for the good teams in the playoffs to be something that matters. Knock yourself out man.

Listen, don't get it twisted. Everyone on this board wants a championship. And everyone would love to have better players, less jumpers from Smoove, better owners, better GM moves, less injuries, etc. But don't think for one second that fans being positive about the play of their team, even in losses, is a sign that they are content with mediocrity. You can want more without berating the team and its players every chance you get. None of us are out there playing, coaching, or running this team. All we can do is pull for them and hope things change for the better. Seeing the glass half empty does not make you have a higher basketball IQ, be a better fan, or have bigger expectations for the Hawks.

• Like 1

Listen, don't get it twisted. Everyone on this board wants a championship. And everyone would love to have better players, less jumpers from Smoove, better owners, better GM moves, less injuries, etc. But don't think for one second that fans being positive about the play of their team, even in losses, is a sign that they are content with mediocrity. You can want more without berating the team and its players every chance you get. None of us are out there playing, coaching, or running this team. All we can do is pull for them and hope things change for the better. Seeing the glass half empty does not make you have a higher basketball IQ, be a better fan, or have bigger expectations for the Hawks.

Even in losses I've been FAR less critical of this team than I've ever been since I've been on these boards. But it's time to end this core and ownership should do it now. It's over. This team can't even beat a 6th seed Nuggets team (that has no go-to guy) with Joe and Josh having two of the best games they've had all season. It's time to end it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Maybe, just maybe this is the lost that will get our head back on our shoulders. Everyone stepped up in some way, and everyone had some dumb plays from time to time. This was a GREAT game. I'm looking forward to see how we take this game. I really do believe this is the game that will get our momentum going for the second half of the season. We might not win tomorrow; coming off a tough lost in OT, but I see us playing better from here on out. Everyone knows their role for the most part. I may be the only being optimistic, but I really do have this gut feeling.

The picture on my TV went berserk in the first quarter, so it was basically a radio tonight. I was bummed I wasn't watching maybe the most exciting game we'll have this year, then I heard "He...missed it..." and I was glad I couldn't see it. Never thought we'd lose a game with Josh, Joe, and Hinrich putting up those numbers.

See quote "he balled for the most part". 240 pound veterans who shoot 10 threes to 2 free throws against smaller defenders over 41 minutes is exactly what I said, a fundamental lack of intelligence on how to attack. You'll realize it as you get older, son.

Son?? LOL! You got me with your incredible attempt to discredit my logic by trying the age attack. Listen, little guy... LOL. I'm a grown *ss man homey so miss me with the foolishness. Don't get upset because you didn't watch the game. If you did, you would've seen that those threes were wide open shots created from guard penetration. You know, fundamental basketball. Obviously, you know nothing about executing team basketball. I guess you favorite player Lebron has excellent fundamentals too. Lmao! At least have better logic than that my dude.

Exciting game. Terrible for either team to lose this one. One of the Nuggets has a sixty something %

from the charity stripe, yet he didn't miss last night in several attempts. That 3 from them - WOW!

Then the critical miss.

Josh was fouled hard. It wasn't called. Coach got a teck. and they hit it. Point for them and none

for us. That made another diffference.

Everything else was so close. Great, exciting game that I hated to lose.

============================================

Very exciting game to watch, lots of encouraging things happening. Hopefully Kirk plays like this for the rest of the season.

I was a little disappointed in Teague though, 2-8. Going under screens against Lawson didn't seem like a good idea, but I guess they adjusted in the 2nd half. He really needs to learn how to finish at the rim. Is that something that guys learn? I am beginning to think no after all these years of watching Zaza.

Do you guys think this was more of a Kirk showcase before the deadline? Joe guarding Gallinari is a pretty bad matchup, whereas Marvin would've probably been better.

Son?? LOL! You got me with your incredible attempt to discredit my logic by trying the age attack. Listen, little guy... LOL. I'm a grown *ss man homey so miss me with the foolishness. Don't get upset because you didn't watch the game. If you did, you would've seen that those threes were wide open shots created from guard penetration. You know, fundamental basketball. Obviously, you know nothing about executing team basketball. I guess you favorite player Lebron has excellent fundamentals too. Lmao! At least have better logic than that my dude.

Joe fans. Gotta love their enthusiasm. Keep it up!

Edited by benhillboy