• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Rivalry is Still Alive

HalfHawk

Kevin Garnett, when asked if the dunk by Hawks guard Jeff Teague fired up the team. "I don't know who you talking about. That guy's a nobody." Obviously there's still some bad blood between the Celts and Hawks. If we meet up again come play off time, it'll be the '07 series all over again.

KG and Rasheed are both absolutely trash. I can't think of any other NBA players I dislike more then those 2...........well Paul Peirce is close. But there are some Celtics who I really like: Rivers, Allen, Rondo, and Davis are pretty likeable guys.

Kevin Garnett, when asked if the dunk by Hawks guard Jeff Teague fired up the team. "I don't know who you talking about. That guy's a nobody."

Obviously there's still some bad blood between the Celts and Hawks.

If we meet up again come play off time, it'll be the '07 series all over again.

Really? With the exception of about 3-5 minutes each I saw two teams play like they wanted to be somewhere else.

• Premium Member

How can you not agree? The chance that Teague had to really make a difference he air balled the shot.

Yeah, but I don't recall any player in the NBA calling another younger player a "nobody". It sounds so personal. KG must have forgotten those youthful times in MN.. when he was a nobody. I had always believed that even though they were competitors, there was always some level of respect. IN this case, it's missing that.

• Moderators

Yeah, but I don't recall any player in the NBA calling another younger player a "nobody". It sounds so personal. KG must have forgotten those youthful times in MN.. when he was a nobody. I had always believed that even though they were competitors, there was always some level of respect. IN this case, it's missing that.

Agreed. KG's class is what is missing.

Also, I can't believe some people on here were actually arguing for Teague to be in the 3pt contest after Joe bowed out. Shots like that 3 make me wonder sometimes.

• Moderators

Aside: "There's No Rivalry Here..." (nor an editor, I might add. Who knew WAOK "critic'd" sports, too?)

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/theres-no-rivalry-here/

This blog entry could really serve as a whipping post for the Hometown Atlanta Hawks but as promised weeks ago I will only critic and not bash.

First off the Hawks have been playing some great basketball even with though they’ve been shorthanded for the last month or so. In the absence of Joe Johnson, Hawks forward Josh Smith stepped up and delivered some huge stats, however now that Johnson appears to be close to 100% we’ve seen an absence in the way J. Shove had been playing prior to the trade deadline.

However it’s not Smith missed shot that everyone is talking about its PG Jeff Teague’s three point attempt that hit nothing but air that sealed the Hawks fate...

Versus the Celtics, ZaZa really plays with a chip on his shoulder and last night was no different. Pachulia was 4-of-7 from the field and 8-of-9 from the charity strip to finish the night as the team’s 2nd leading scorer with 16 points...

~lw3

His age is showing. Why didn't he tell the truth and say, "I can't remember," as he seems to have dementia. So sorry for the guy, aren't you? When you lose your memory, what do you have left?

Kobe did this about Raja Bell a few years ago. Like everything with KG, he is unoriginal.

Not only this, but...

There are few things in life more amusing than when KG declares somebody a nobody. Teague joins the illustrious company of Charlie Villanueva ("It's a nobody. I'm not paying attention to nobodies") and Joakim Noah ("I'm not entertaining nor addressing nobodies").

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/21372/you-are-not-real-to-kevin-garnett-therefore-you-dont-exist