• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves open like they finished last season

Gray Mule

The last place, literally, Atlanta Braves get shut down and shut out bythe NY Mets.Larry, who loves to play in NY, is disabled. Got his usual greeting whenhe was introduced before the game.Braves in the basement. For how long? Can they crawl out?Looked like te same team that closed out last season.----------------------------------

A whopping two runs against the Mets in two games. People can say it's just two games into the season but the fact is that this is almost exactly the same team, offensively, as last year, and we all know how that group fared when it came to getting runs on the board. It's not panicking to say that there is concern and if Fredi can't do something to light a fire under these guys butts, then Wren has to consider firing him. I mean this has been going on for 4 or 5 years now where the Braves just cannot put runs up consistently. It's to the point where it has to be something about the culture in the clubhouse. I loved Bobby but he was a players manager. Fredi is obviously of the same mold. If this continues for the next week or two, if I don't see Fredi chewing some ass in the press conferences then he needs to go. These guys are capable of better and if they can't produce, move out of the way and let someone else play.

Well we've got a no hitter working through six....looks like this is going to be a long year

SMH at the Braves. Swept by the Mets. Dead last in the majors in team hitting. I could be wrong but I still don't think we have a single hit with runners in scoring position. This is exactly like last year and to an extent, the last several years. What in the world is wrong with this team's ability to hit the freaking baseball and manufacture some runs? It boggles the mind.

Timely hitting - - AKA- - Getting a hit when runners are in scoring position.Braves can't / won't beg, borrow or steal a timely hit.This is old hat for these lowly Braves. Manafacture a run? How is that done,this team would ask. We don't know what you're talking about. Be quietand wait for the three run homer.But, you must have two runners on base to do that. - - Oh, I see. Excuse me. But, we've got great pitching. Yeah, we know. Seven runs in the last loss.We'll be fine. Wait for Chipper to return. Really? You expect him to singlehandedly change everything? Dream on.Oh, well.GO BRAVES!!!

More errors than runs tonight. The Braves are winless against the 2 projected worst teams in the NL. They are 7-22 in their last 29 games dating back to last year. The starting pitching hasn't even lasted until the 7th inning in a single game thus far already putting pressure on the bullben which was run into the ground last year. Uggla has 0 hr and 0 rbi's. It just keeps getting uglier.

• Moderators

More errors than runs tonight. The Braves are winless against the 2 projected worst teams in the NL. They are 7-22 in their last 29 games dating back to last year. The starting pitching hasn't even lasted until the 7th inning in a single game thus far already putting pressure on the bullben which was run into the ground last year. Uggla has 0 hr and 0 rbi's. It just keeps getting uglier.

Crazy. Its still early but I'm not sure what we have here. Bourne, Prado, McCann we pretty much know what we will get out of them and as far as hitting goes they are supporting players (except for McCann). So that's a lot of question marks you're counting on to deliver big hits. Uggla, Freeman, Heyward, Pastornicky. 40 year old Chipper is going to have to try to carry these guys until someone can hit a ball.Uggla has 5 strikeouts in 13 at bats. This is starting to look like a major mistake by Wren.

• Moderators

Now here is a glass half full article from yahoo.

The last time Atlanta started off a season 0-4, it was part of a 10-game skid to open the '88 campaign. The team went on to an NL-worst 54-106.

I don't think we're headed down that particular path this time. There's too much firepower on this team for a season like that to be looming. Atlanta's had a couple of hard-luck losses in this 0-4 start, and Monday was the first time the Braves had coughed up a lead this season, after leading 3-0 through three innings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/whats-atlanta-braves-121900218.html

I had to read that 3 times to understand what the hell they were saying. I think the more correct way to say it is : Monday is the first time the Braves have had a lead this season.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah. You can't give away what you don't have.Some of these new guys. They should be sent to the discard heap andcall up some minor league players.Our esteemed manager apparently believes in a pat on the back and brag on"the good old boys" we have playing, or trying to play. It's goten ugly already.They deny any carry over from last season. You can deny that this is regularseason and say it's still spring training. Who will believe either lie?But, hey. Larry is back to play 3rd base. Everything will be wonderful now!!GO BRAVES!!.............................

• Moderators

Crazy. Its still early but I'm not sure what we have here. Bourne, Prado, McCann we pretty much know what we will get out of them and as far as hitting goes they are supporting players (except for McCann). So that's a lot of question marks you're counting on to deliver big hits. Uggla, Freeman, Heyward, Pastornicky. 40 year old Chipper is going to have to try to carry these guys until someone can hit a ball.

Uggla has 5 strikeouts in 13 at bats. This is starting to look like a major mistake by Wren.

Congrats to myself LOL. Welcome back Chipper: Mr. Brave.

This time, I love to tell everyone, I was correct!

Larry Jones Jr. is back and Braves win. Almost automatic.

Now, the question arises, how long does this last? Can we

keep this up? Or, was this just a one shot deal? Tonight,

we begin to find out.

GO ATLANTA!! (BRAVES, FALCONS & HAWKS)

Posted Image

Well well well.....look like a totally different team now

A few things:1. They should have sold high on Jair Jurrjens. He had been posting solid overall ERA with mediocre peripherals through his first three seasons in Atlanta, and since the ASB last year, teams have figured him out. I think it is to the point that they Braves would be lucky to get a bag of baseballs for him now. I was really hoping he would be moved in the offseason.2. The Braves have poorly managed the final 2-3 roster spots on the 25 man roster. Jorge Constanza never should have made the final 25. Neither should Jack Wilson. Juan Francisco is certainly debateable at this point. Also, Livan Hernandez and Chad Durbin should not be taking roster spots from Yohan Flande and Cory Gearrin.

Mets are in town. Same results as we saw in the big apple.

Braves can't hit Met pitching and Braves pitching can't keep

the ball in the park against the Mets.

Oh, well. Two more Met games and we can get on with things.

Sure hate another sweep but it's not looking good.

----------------------

• Moderators

Mets are in town. Same results as we saw in the big apple.

Braves can't hit Met pitching and Braves pitching can't keep

the ball in the park against the Mets.

Oh, well. Two more Met games and we can get on with things.

Sure hate another sweep but it's not looking good.

----------------------

What are you doing up so early??

We were due to lose. I can't see another sweep.

Finally!Braves had a plan & it worked! Great to see the win against the Mets.About sleep: When I'm sleepy, I sleep. When I'm not, I don't. That way, the time doesn't matter.This is really unhandy when it's my days to work.With all this rain, that was probably it for this Mets series.GO BRAVES!!

A few things:1. They should have sold high on Jair Jurrjens. He had been posting solid overall ERA with mediocre peripherals through his first three seasons in Atlanta, and since the ASB last year,

When was high ?He gets a dead arm every year.....he has not proven he can last a full season yet.The Braves would have traded him last off season but the value was not there.