Al rehab update 4/10/12

Admin

• Premium Member

Any word on his return?If he were to return I think the smart move would be to bring him off the bench.

Any word on his return?If he were to return I think the smart move would be to bring him off the bench.

I couldnt agree more. I said this in the chat one night and people went crazy saying it would be stupid to do that. Hes not going to be 100% so that would be the smartest possible thing to do!

Yes I agree. Bring him in slowly and hopefully he could provide starter quality minutes by the second round. Unless these first rounds are condensed like the season (I doubt it), the first round has been two weeks. So the hope is to see him in two weeks sparingly and see him ready in four weeks.

Edited by Swatguy

Sounds to me like he's going to be ready for the 1st round of playoffs judging by this video

I'm probably in the minority on this, but if Al is not FULLY healthy and at 100%, then he shouldn't come back and risk further injury for what most likely won't be a long playoff run anyway.

I don't believe that this is the type of injury where he'd be risking long term health so as long as he's careful and completes his rehab he should be fine even if he's not 100% back to where he was.

If Al were a few years younger, I'd want him to come back this year, hopefully during the second round, and get some run. But as an All-Star semi-vet, I'm not worried about him getting reps or run. Heal 110% and concentrate on thinking the game from the sideline and what he's gonna add to his game for next year. Zaza and Ivan are only increasing their stocks while he's out, so let them continue till the season's done.

• Premium Member

He'll have the entire summer and Fall to get healthy for next season. He needs to get back on the court as soon as possible before someone in the organization actually listens to this retarded fan base and decided to blow up the team. Plus I am so tired of seeing Kirk Hinrich in the starting line up!

Sounds to me like he's going to be ready for the 1st round of playoffs judging by this videoI don't believe that this is the type of injury where he'd be risking long term health so as long as he's careful and completes his rehab he should be fine even if he's not 100% back to where he was.

Not a longterm health issue like a knee but he could risk reinjuring it very easily. Any injury where you haven't properly gained back the proper elasticity or tensile strength in the muscle or ligaments can lead to another tear which seems to be the major concern from him claiming that he hasn't fully gained back range of motion.