• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't get over confident because Rondo is out

capstone21

• Premium Member

I will not allow myself to be overconfident. I hope the players aren't either. I believe that there's lots of pressure on the refs to call it Boston's way. I look for a lot of those 50/50 calls to go to the Celtics. If Josh gets out of pocket with the arguing or the scowl, he will get T'd up. Peirce will try to go inside on every play.. especially if he's at Point Forward. Boston will increase the physical nature of the game. I hope these Hawks are ready.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We could be playing a sixth grade girls team and I wouldn't be overconfident. We need to go out there and establish our dominance like we did last game. The only thing that needs to change is that we don't need to let Boston slow the pace down to a crawl like they did in the second half. We need to step on their necks and break it. We go to Boston 2-0 and go for the sweep.

• Moderators

Pierce and Garnett will play much better and i expect them to get to the line a lot. They are going to force the refs to make calls but that's basketball. We just have to keep our head on and do the same. LD has his work cut out for him but i'm not afraid of a physical game with the c's. They are one of the teams in the league that can't really back that up unless they are just continually bailed out.

• Moderators

They almost beat us without Rondo, Allen, Pierce, or Garnett.

Miami did beat us without Lebron or Wade. We need to bring our "A" game every night in the playoffs. This is a must win game for the Hawks.

Sure, we cannot allow any let-down because we have a clear opportunity to go up 2 - 0 and truly take control of the rest of this series...Let's face it, Rondo is their energizer bunny and without him they're not the same team.

Edited by T21

The Hawks should stomp them out. BUUUTTT we know our Hawks. They probably going to come out with no motivation since Rondo isnt there and Stigma or whatever his name is put up 20-20..lol.

If I can't get confident about my team playing against one who's missing their floor general who is the leagues top assister and rebounding PG in a home playoff game to take stranglehold of the series then I shouldn't be confident about anything. I'll be thoroughly pissed if we lose, with blame placed squarely on the coach and his PG.

Edited by benhillboy

Look for KG to get two centers ejected and Paul Pierce to draweleventy leven foul calls and single handedly outscore the entire Atlanta team.Seriously, Hawks MUST step up tonight. I hate "must win" games but thisis shaping up as the key game in the entire series.GO HAWKS!!