• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach of the Year

Popovich wins. I don't understand why Doc Rivers is in the discusion and our main man LD gets not one vote. Most experts had us not making the playoffs. LD coached us to a better record than the Celts despite losing our All-star center 11 games into the season. I just don't get it.

LD getting no votes is a shame. The guy has improved the team from last year despite our All Star being out. Also to note, is that LD has had fewer blowout loses this year (if any) compared to last year. He has not only improved our team from a record standpoint but also from a competative stand point. What a shame...

Doc would get the nod for 2nd half COY..

That's like playing half a game....it doesn't happen. That's like all the Celtic fans saying they won 3 quarters of the game forgetting you have to play 4 quarters.

So much hawk hate, im telling you guys. Our motto going out to the media and non hawk fans. THEY HATE US!!They even said that on PTI the other day. No one wants to see or watch the Hawks in the finals..lol. I even had to laugh about that one lol

• Moderators

And as great a coach as Pop is i could probably coach those guys to a top 3 seed. I mean Parker and Duncan pretty much know what they are doing. The hawks have their work cut out. It will take a deep playoff run to start eliminating the doubters.

• Moderators

Congrats to LD for three 3rd place votes. A few of those mercy votes (Stan Van, Monty Williams, George Karl) probably should've gone his way instead.Top single-season improvements in winning percentage among returning playoff teams, 2010-11 to 2011-12:1. Pacers +0.1852. HAWKS +0.0703. Grizzlies +0.0604. Thunder +0.0415. Knicks +0.0336. Sixers +0.0307. Spurs +0.0148. Bulls +0.001Although Sund won't get Executive of the Year (that will go to Bird, or Olshey via Stern), he should get some votes as well, and should certainly rank highest among GMs without either a 2011 first-rounder or a splashy free agent pickup this season.~lw3

I like LD, much more than when he first took the job. But to place him in the same sentence as Pop is blasphemous. Half of the Spurs rotation would be the 13th man on damn near every other team in the league, while Pop has 'em dropping 20. Pop would have us neck and neck for #1 seed.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I am glad to see Pop get it. The award is too often "the guy who most exceeded my personal predictions for the season" rather than the best coach. Pop is very smart in how he manages games but also in how he manages his roster and aging players. San Antonio is just so well run from top to bottom. They are impressive.LD got criticism last year for not meeting expecations in the regular season and then praise for the post-season. This year he has praise for the regular season and will hopefully get an encore of pats on the back when the post-season is done.

• Premium Member

Popovich wins. I don't understand why Doc Rivers is in the discusion and our main man LD gets not one vote. Most experts had us not making the playoffs. LD coached us to a better record than the Celts despite losing our All-star center 11 games into the season. I just don't get it.

I have Popp in my top 3. I also like Tim T. at Chicago. Losing Rose for most of the season, they finished with the Best record. I also got to give some Credit to Scotty over in OKC. Coaching young talent is hard. He does a good job with it. If I were to rank the top 10, this is it...1. Tom T. - Chicago2. Scotty B. - OKC3. Greg Popp - San Antonio4. Ty Corbin - Utah5. L. Drew - Atlanta6. M. Brown - LAL7. Lionel H. - Memphis8. Doc Rivers - Boston9. Coach X - Indiana10. Mike Woodson - NY.I think Popp got it because like Sloan, he was passed over so many times.