• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. Smith: "It's Over...You can Book it...Series is over!" (audio)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I love your audio posting Nine.

• Premium Member

I love your audio posting Nine.

'preciate that man.This is hilarious! Stephen A. sounds more like a fan than an analyst. Edited by NineOhTheRino

He is not a reporter. He is a fan and that is what makes listening to sports the toughest. We have a chance in this game and to deny that is lunacy as in being a fanatic. Stephen is a fan of the HOF players on the Celtics and until they get dusted off early and often he always will be.2nd, he would much rather see a classic series like the old guard HOF Celtic players vs the new guard HOF Heat players. So yes he is also hoping for that just like a fan...They pay him to be a fan, now that is the kind of gig I need!

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

He is not a reporter. He is a fan and that is what makes listening to sports the toughest. We have a chance in this game and to deny that is lunacy as in being a fanatic. Stephen is a fan of the HOF players on the Celtics and until they get dusted off early and often he always will be.2nd he would much rather see a classic series like the old guard HOF Celtic players vs the new guard HOF Heat players. So yes he is also hoping for it just like a fan...They pay him t be a fan now that is the kind of gig I need!

He just wants attention so he says everything with total conviction and great excitement. I was quite let down when ESPN termed David Aldridge to bring SAS on board. I still wish they hadn't.
  • Like 1

He just wants attention so he says everything with total conviction and great excitement. I was quite let down when ESPN termed David Aldridge to bring SAS on board. I still wish they hadn't.

Aldridge is not hyperbole. If a player or team has talent he states it matter of factly. Same if they don't. Does not make him always right but he reported more with his intelligence than his GIRLY ASS emotions. Pretty much the opposite of SAS...

David Aldridges never impressed me with his coverage, but I didn't know he lost his job so SAS could get some shine. Ouch. Remember that Quite Frankly Show? It was on for what, 3 weeks and nobody watched. Now he's suddenly the voice of reason on everything to Cole Hamels hitting Bryce Harper to college NFL prospects. Its not very hard to look smart next to some of the ascenine (asaten, asatwelve) things Skip Bayless says. I like the guy, mainly because he shows young black men you can still be cool and speak with a very advanced vernacular, not to mention he wears his feelings for the Knicks on his sleeve. But I miss Bill Walton and Jamal Mashburn's insights. Salisbury on football, too.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

David Aldridges never impressed me with his coverage, but I didn't know he lost his job so SAS could get some shine. Ouch. Remember that Quite Frankly Show? It was on for what, 3 weeks and nobody watched. Now he's suddenly the voice of reason on everything to Cole Hamels hitting Bryce Harper to college NFL prospects. Its not very hard to look smart next to some of the ascenine (asaten, asatwelve) things Skip Bayless says. I like the guy, mainly because he shows young black men you can still be cool and speak with a very advanced vernacular, not to mention he wears his feelings for the Knicks on his sleeve. But I miss Bill Walton and Jamal Mashburn's insights. Salisbury on football, too.

He is one step better than Bayless but I think it is perfect that they will be working together since they are both more about making noise than about the substance of what they are saying.

I actually like Stephen A. There are more than enough boring, lets just give the stats, guys on tv. I want a few guys who arent scared to step up and give their opinion, kinda like Herm Edwards. If you want stats just listen to Stuart Scott, he has enough meaningless numbers for 3 lifetimes. Only thing worse than a stat reader is the guy who never gives you an answer one way or another, just always right down the middle playing both sides. If you have an opinion then state it, dont be scared of the repercussions.The Quite Frankly show was actually pretty good. He actually asked questions that werent your standard beat reporter questions. Him and the guests seemed like they were having real conversations, not the same variation of interview athletes give all season long.

I actually like Stephen A. There are more than enough boring, lets just give the stats, guys on tv. I want a few guys who arent scared to step up and give their opinion, kinda like Herm Edwards. If you want stats just listen to Stuart Scott, he has enough meaningless numbers for 3 lifetimes. Only thing worse than a stat reader is the guy who never gives you an answer one way or another, just always right down the middle playing both sides. If you have an opinion then state it, dont be scared of the repercussions.

The Quite Frankly show was actually pretty good. He actually asked questions that werent your standard beat reporter questions. Him and the guests seemed like they were having real conversations, not the same variation of interview athletes give all season long.

He may not be boring, but he is annoying as hell.....
  • Like 1